Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does Jesus manifest Himself to?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Who does Jesus manifest Himself to?

In John 14 Jesus says that He will manifest Himself to a group of people. What does manifest mean? and who are these people that Jesus will manifest Himself to ?
    Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thanks

I'm not sure just which verses you are citing so it is hard to be sure of an answer. Many of the verse in this passage relate to the end of times and not to current times

Thanks

Hi Jonmarie----------

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

manifest means to reveal plainly.

It is talking about the relationship.Walking in the spirit.I hear folks talk about God like He is a million miles away.Truth is He is right here with us all the time.

If we will draw close to Him He will hold our hand and walk this life with us and we won't get scared when the storms hit and we will have a sense of peace and joy that is impossible to describe to some one who hasn't.

He is an awesome loving God.The kindest Father and mightiest Protector.A friend like no other.Always faithful always patient and always there.

much love----------knuckle

Thanks

But it doesn't mean that we will be able to see Him physically. It is the KJV which chooses to use the word manifest and the other word choices other translation use don't imply anything physical manifestation.

We can see with out hearts also and come into His presence in a spiritual way.

Thanks

Hi JonMarie,

Both Knuckle and 45, are correct:

JC is God as the son of God, and God is Love. 1 John 4:8M

So Jc and God manifest themselves to us or make themselves known to us by Love.

"It is only with the heart of Love that we can rightly see. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
    St. Exupery

Please read 1 John 4:7-8 to see for yourself what we must first have for God and JC to live in us and to be known to us or to be made manifest to us.

Then that will also show you that all people who have any degree of Love in their hearts are the people to whom God and JC have already made themselves manifest to even tho those people do not yet know it!smile

Please ask any questions.

With JC in me when I am full of Love, and
    with me in JC when I am in Love, 1 John 4:16
    Atoz
    "The person who discovered The Law of Love
    was a far greater scientist than any of our modern scientists."
    MKGANDHI
    “Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.”
    Albert Einstein
    “Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.”
    William Shakespeare, 12th Night

Thanks

Dear Knuckle,

Well said!

Here's another translation of John 14:21:

He who has My precepts and is keeping them, he it is who is loving Me. Now he who is loving Me will be loved by My Father, and I shall be loving him and shall be disclosing Myself to him."

It is from the Concordant Literal New Testament which, imo, gives a fuller meaning to the verse for me.

Link to CLNT

Love, Di
    God is love and love never fails

Thanks

Hi Di----------

I have the clv on my e-sword.It is a wonderful translation.

much love------------knuckle

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atoz
    Hi JonMarie,

"It is only with the heart of Love that we can rightly see. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
    St. Exupery

Please read 1 John 4:7-8 to see for yourself what we must first have for God and JC to live in us and to be known to us or to be made manifest to us.

Then that will also show you that all people who have any degree of Love in their hearts are the people to whom God and JC have already made themselves manifest to even tho those people do not yet know it!smile

With JC in me when I am full of Love, and
    with me in JC when I am in Love, 1 John 4:16
    Atoz
    What about the mind?
    Doesn't Jesus manifest Himself to the mind since it is thru the mind that all communication is possible?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default who does Jesus manifest Himself to?

Atoz wrote:
    Hi JonMarie,

St. Exupery

Question 1:all people who have any degree of Love in their hearts??? are the people to whom God and JC have already ??? made themselves manifest to even tho those people do not yet know it! ?????
    How can something beyond doubt or question, be not known?????
    Question 2:any degree implies: not all degrees, therefore partial
    1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

submitted in love, JonMarie

John 14:21 (Amplified Bible)
    Amplified Bible (AMP)
    Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
    21The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]

manifest:

1. readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain: a manifest error.

–verb (used with object)

3. to make clear or evident to the eye or the understanding; show plainly: He manifested his approval with a hearty laugh.

4. to prove; put beyond doubt or question: The evidence manifests the guilt of the defendant.

John 4:7-8 (Amplified Bible)
    Amplified Bible (AMP)
    Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

7Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him].
    8He who does not love has not become acquainted with God [does not and never did know Him], for God is love.

1 John 2:9
    He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
    1 John 2:11
    But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
    1 John 3:15
    Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
    1 John 4:20
    If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Amplified Version- John 14:22 Judas, not Iscariot, asked Him, Lord, how is it that You will reveal Yourself [make Yourself real] to us and not to the world?
    23Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.
    24Anyone who does not [really] love Me does not observe and obey My teaching. And the teaching which you hear and heed is not Mine, but [comes] from the Father Who sent Me.
    25I have told you these things while I am still with you.
    26But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
    Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default who does Jesus manifest Himself to?

Knuckle, I loved your answer

Matthew 4:17 (Amplified Bible)

17From that time Jesus began to preach, [a]crying out, Repent ([b]change your mind for the better, heartily amend your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

at hand, a. within reach; nearby; close by.
    b. near in time; soon.
    c. ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast