Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here know that Japan occupied Korea from 1910-1945?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Those facts seem to have been ignored in WWII history. Yes Japan occupying China, but not Korea.
    not sure what WW2 book you read.

but you are wrong.

the WW2 books ive read (and TV shows) - have included the Japanese occupation of Korea as well.

we must have read/watched different books/shows Celeste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Well, not in Korea. If we move outside of our own cultural limits we can see a great deal that our myopic culture blinds us to.
    indeed.

my mind goes back to a Greek fool in college who "hated all Turks/Muslims" over Constaninople. (i.e. he hated all Muslims/Turks over a 600 yr old event - Constantenople falling to Muslims and becoming Istambul).

He said to me "I will never call that town by the name the muslims give it/i hate all muslims". I told him that I thought he was a fool for geting worked up over a 600 yr old vendetta/hating folks over the same old 600 yr old bullshit (its this caveman minded mindset that caused WW1 and plagued "serbian war" crap).

anyway I basically called him a fool for being all "hot and bothered over a 600 yr event that had nothing to do with him personally - nd he as a Big Guy! too - could have grounded me to dust.......

oddly enough he just stood there and looked at me.

the rest of the semester when I saw him, he just nodded to me (I guess what I said made some sort of personal revelaton to him? (thought he was a fool in the first place for his view - maybe he was no longer a fool? - i did not inquire, he was not my friend primarily because he was a fool initially.

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Blog Entries

I find it ironic that racists prefer to argue over .01% of the DNA that all humans share. References to "purity of the blood" is absurd, somehow that .01% is enough to condemn someone else as sub human, and ascribing characteristics to them that have no basis in reality.
    "Any jackass can kick down a barn," former U.S. Houston Speaker Sam Rayburn once said with his famous Texas bluntness, "but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

I find it ironic that racists prefer to argue over .01% of the DNA that all humans share.
    99.98 DNA we share.

which I'm sure you meant.

;-).

agreed.

Hell - I found it absurd 20 yrs ago when Anthropologists were refering to Homo Sapiens was "Humans"...............and not Neanderthals!............(back there they refered to Neaderthals as another Species - and there was a debate over whether they could speak - hyiod bone/etc..............)

such bullshit. - give me a break "man" has been essentially "man" (at his core nature/soul) since Home Erectus (2-million years now).

now - all of the sudden!!!!!!!!!!!! (OMG (via DNA findings! H.S. MATED!! (OMG!!!!!!!) with Neanderthal (and no doubt Erectus and 10+ other archaic "man" 1/2 million yrs ago........................there is no mention of any of them not being of our "species" nor that none of them could talk.

such bullshit.

now Neanderthals are being re-written to become more advanced (we having intercourse with them of course has no bearing - lol.........) - i.e. Neaderthal had "bigger brains" etc..............

the now revisionism.

1st it was too far one way (Neaderthal were not "humans" - just dumb animals who we killed off in 10,000 yrs (we smart/ they dumb so we won).

2nd (now we know that Caucasions have 2-percent Neanderthal DNA in them............) Neanderals were humans too and they had bigger brains!!!!!.

both bullshit.

truth is in the middle of 1 and 2.

they were just folks like us - some bred with us, we outnumbered them and they were assimilated into our gene-pool. they could think and speak, they were not smarter nor dumper than us. and in fact not all that much different than us.

they are more different that the "races" today by a factor if 10 (so they shared 99.88 pecent of our DNA).

we did not "kill them off" we simply outnumbered them and interbred them into us.

just like we did the Denesovans.

(and 10+ other forms of man).

all of them were men.

IMO.

References to "purity of the blood" is absurd, somehow that .01% is enough to condemn someone else as sub human, and ascribing characteristics to them that have no basis in reality.
    I agree.

"Man" has been man (IMO) - not animal since the last 2-million yrs.

Turcana(sp) boy was a man (Home Erectus) - though live 2 million yrs ago in Kenya

Blog Entries

Recently watched a NOVA episode that suggested that some volcano eliminated most of Neanderthals, smoke and ash filled the skies and wiped out the environment for them. The few who remained must have intermixed with other groups outside Europe.
    "Any jackass can kick down a barn," former U.S. Houston Speaker Sam Rayburn once said with his famous Texas bluntness, "but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

Recently watched a NOVA episode that suggested that some volcano eliminated most of Neanderthals, smoke and ash filled the skies and wiped out the environment for them. The few who remained must have intermixed with other groups outside Europe.
    with respect - i think you error.

that volcano was Toba in Indonesia. 60,000 yrs ago. wiped out most folks living in Australia/Far East/India at that time.

not the neaderthals, who live far away in Europe at the time.

just sayin.

for whatever reason (sht cold climate/ no agriculture at that time) Neaderthals never had more than 1/4 population at most at thier peak population in Europe/Eurasia (50,000 yrs ago).

Homo Sapians first settled in France (crossing the meditarian from Tunisa) 60,000 yrs ago (we found evidence recently of this, but they "died out" (driven out? - who knows).........neaderthals remianed in France at that time. "we" returned 20,000 yrs later around 40,000 yrs ago and by 23,000 yrs ago had "removed" the original inhabitance the Neanderthal. the last lived in Gibralter.

the old school story is that we killed them off. I suspect it was moreso that we just outbred them (for whatever rsason) - and assimilated those still living into "us".

sadly we will never know the whole story ;-/.

Blog Entries

Actually that super volcano is the one at the center of the bay of Naples, forget what it is called. Check out this link:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...-naples-italy/

Ash deposits all around the area from the same time frame as Neanderthals end time.

Not my theory ask NOVA.

Actually that super volcano is the one at the center of the bay of Naples, forget what it is called. Check out this link:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...-naples-italy/

Ash deposits all around the area from the same time frame as Neanderthals end time.

Not my theory ask NOVA.
    that one was 3600 yrs ago.

the one near Crete -which wiped out the Minoans and gave rise to Myceneans.

long long long after the Neaderthal had died out (20,000 after).

the "historical memory" of a great empire (Minoans) is probably the genesis of the "Atlantis myth" plato and other greeks spoke about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast