Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here know that Japan occupied Korea from 1910-1945?

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Blog Entries

Default Does anyone here know that Japan occupied Korea from 1910-1945?

Korea under Japanese rule began with the end of the short-lived Korean Empire in 1910 and ended at the conclusion of World War II in 1945. Japanese rule of Korea was the outcome of a process that began with the Japan–Korea Treaty of 1876, whereby a complex coalition of the Meiji government, military, and business officials sought to integrate Korea both politically and economically into the Empire of Japan. A major stepping-stone towards the Japanese occupation of Korea was the Japan–Korea Treaty of 1905, in which the then-Empire of Korea was declared a protectorate of Japan. The annexation of Korea by Japan was set up in the Japan–Korea Treaty of 1910, which was never actually signed by the Korean Regent, Gojong.[
    Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_under_Japanese_rule
    "Any jackass can kick down a barn," former U.S. Houston Speaker Sam Rayburn once said with his famous Texas bluntness, "but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

Blog Entries

Yes. I was in Korea and they have not forgotten what the Japanese were like. I was in Japan when I realized that bigotry is not primarily a caucasian problem.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Blog Entries

Those facts seem to have been ignored in WWII history. Yes Japan occupying China, but not Korea.
    "Any jackass can kick down a barn," former U.S. Houston Speaker Sam Rayburn once said with his famous Texas bluntness, "but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Those facts seem to have been ignored in WWII history. Yes Japan occupying China, but not Korea.
    Well, not in Korea. If we move outside of our own cultural limits we can see a great deal that our myopic culture blinds us to.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Blog Entries

I knew that, but mother just asked about the events of 1945-50 in Korea that led to the war. On that I have no clear memory. Did Truman mess up with some US-puppet dictator?

So Whats The Point>> Trump must have to do with it!!!$%^& Idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
    I knew that, but mother just asked about the events of 1945-50 in Korea that led to the war. On that I have no clear memory. Did Truman mess up with some US-puppet dictator?
    Japan occupied Korea in WW 2. The Soviets liberated the North. The US liberated the south. Much like East German, the Russians put their people in power in the north and eventually attacked the south. The UN authorized military action to repel the Communists. The US was joined by many nations but the bulk of the fighting force was US. The US almost got pushed out, but MacArther ordered an amphibious landing at Inchon and the US pushed the communists almost all the way back to China.

Then communist China came in in a big way and pushed us back to the 38th parallel....roughly dividing the country along today's line. Then there was a ceasefire that's been in place since about 1953.
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    sort of. thought it was from around 1920 though. off by a decade.

never forget Nanking.

Japs were equal to the Germans in evil - don't let historical revisionism fool you in thinking the Japs were "just missunderstood".

both Japan and Germany affirmed Eugenic "Ideals". both were military dictatorships, both infinately arrogant asshats.

both ignored geneva conventions for some folks under their "Care".

I grant you that the Germans get the honors of being a little more evil - thanks to an organized "death machine" for Jews and Gypies.

but not by much - no when we have Nanking record...........and Shiro Ishi and his ilk.

those that know the name know..........other have wikipedia to learn of.

------------got no problem with dropping the "big one" (first one - i do the second one....think one would have been enough to end war) on Japan.

they asked for it!

addendum.

Japan and Germany are both our friends and both primary allies - we love them and trust them/they us as well.

we share a common sense of morality and interests (yes both were enemies - but we reformed them both and today their peoples are honorable, liberty loving "joe averages" (good old boys)).

German did good - in they were willing to condemn their past and become (and remain) contrite over that shameful past (Japanese - sadly no, the refuse to admit their past as equal to that of the Germans - and so never condemned it.) but at least though they play the coward/revisionist history game..............the japanese people are today good people.

(they still need to be like the Germans - man up and condemn their past nature during the mid 20th century)..........................I'm still awaiting for this Japanese folks.

;-/.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Yes. I was in Korea and they have not forgotten what the Japanese were like. I was in Japan when I realized that bigotry is not primarily a caucasian problem.
    sadly bigotry is a universal human trait.

no "Color" needed.

;-(.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast