Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Can ANYone Here......

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    no His is not provable.

sadly.

not in this life at least.
    I'm talking about what the Bible reveals- whether you believe it truth or fantasy; what are YOU talking about?
    The INSANITY of CHURCHianity! Unequaled in All Religion.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,206 Times in 4,060 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    When man believes and is baptized it is called obedience, we are not saved by obedience. Surely you can see that water baptism is an act of obedience, a work of man. We are not saved by obedience or works, we do these things because God has already saved us.
    I guess I'm emphasizing the point that going with what the bible says, or even what Jesus says is a crap shoot theologically. I mean, that's really the point I'm making.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Can ANYone Here......
    ...put aside what you have been programmed to believe, and focus on scripture?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theQuestion View Post
    I'm talking about what the Bible reveals- whether you believe it truth or fantasy; what are YOU talking about?
    I'm talking about what is provable empirically.

the definition of provable.

can you show me your God - i.e. present Him before my eyes and have Him speak to me - like He did to Moses and Abraham?

if yes, then you've proved your God to me.

if not, then you have not proved your God to me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I guess I'm emphasizing the point that going with what the bible says, or even what Jesus says is a crap shoot theologically. I mean, that's really the point I'm making.
    Of course, it must be the fault of the bible and Jesus, I mean jeez, it could not possibly be Philip
    Sincerely, JimD

Thanks
    Blog Entries

can you show me your God - i.e. present Him before my eyes and have Him speak to me - like He did to Moses and Abraham?

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
    Sincerely, JimD

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So, if I can't do that with, say, Abraham Lincoln- you will deny he existed?

Thanks

Can ANYone Here......
    ...put aside what you have been programmed to believe, and focus on scripture?
    OK, putting aside my other argument about morals and your end of times beliefs...

I know what Watchtower (or the general JW population) teach about this scripture:

(Matthew 26:27) Then He took the cup, gave thanks and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.

They teach that this was only for 144,000, most of whom have already been and gone (thus leaving those left on earth just now as "observers", not partakers). So according to them, 99%+ of the remaining Christians don't apply that scripture to themselves (or at least, they only apply the forgiveness part). However, how can that statement of Jesus (about drinking the wine and being part of another elite group, distinct from other Christians) be separated from the following?

(Matthew 26:28) This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

How can forgiveness of sins come separate from the new covenant? How can one distinguish the two when Jesus associates them both?

How do you see that?
    Jesus' complete life and teachings:

http://truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1375

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Astronomers knew Pluto existed before they spotted it with telescopes.

Rom 1:20- Ever since the creation of the world his invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made....

Thus, every race of men, knowing their is a God, fashioned ways of worship...

Thanks

Thus you ADMIT you believe Jesus...NEVER died...

So, you don't even believe what you asked ME: "Do you believe that the death, burial and physical resurrection of Jesus from the dead, is the only and full payment for all your sins that the Father will accept?"

So- ARE you willing to adjust your belief, and be HONEST about it?
    When a Catholic that was a TERRIBLE decision for me; i LOVED my Catholic Church!
    Well as you reject that man has an immortal soul, I understand you think that I must think that Jesus never died! But you are wrong. The body of Jesus died, but the soul lives forever and in the believer , he is a full trichotomous being again as their spirit has been made alive again.

As Paul sail in 2 Cor. 5 in very plain language:

2 Corinthians 5King James Version (KJV)

5 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    Paul declared that when a person leaves their body (tabernacle) they are home with the Lord!

But as to the existence of the soul and body:
    1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    When a Catholic that was a TERRIBLE decision for me; i LOVED my Catholic Church!
    I left instead of facing a dominican tribunal for heresy!

If you can prove biblically that a person is just a body and when they die they cease to exist in light of all NT teaching- I am more than willing to reject anything that would contradict the Bible.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast