Thread: Well known and accepted as true?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,860 Times in 5,426 Posts

Default Well known and accepted as true?

Let me begin by acknowledging that the Trinity is well known and accepted as true by the Catholic Church. A non-Catholic board member commented this morning, "Like the Trinity it is well known and accepted as true."

The "it" the board member is referring to is the following teaching concerning Moses and his God.

The God of the Old Testament is the devil.

Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who ordered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin and Joseph Stalin, and whose God is the devil.
    Would you please confirm or deny that this teaching is "well known and accepted as true" by the Catholic Church? Thank you.
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

THIS IS NUTS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Let me begin by acknowledging that the Trinity is well known and accepted as true by the Catholic Church. A non-Catholic board member commented this morning, "Like the Trinity it is well known and accepted as true."

The "it" the board member is referring to is the following teaching concerning Moses and his God.

Would you please confirm or deny that this teaching is "well known and accepted as true" by the Catholic Church? Thank you.
    We confirm that you think the poster who posted that is as dead serious as you seem to be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Only_3 View Post
    We confirm that you think the poster who posted that is as dead serious as you seem to be.
    I shared Teddy's response with the "dead serious" poster I quoted in the OP. His response: "Teddy needs to read his Bible, if he has one."

Thanks

More from the non-Catholic I quoted in the OP.

The God Moses followed, was not the God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob.

1. The Bible does not say the God of Moses was the God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob. Moses is omitted.

2. Moses broke the commandments wholesale. This is a sure sign he was following another god.

3. Jesus publicly stated the father of Moses was not his Father.

4. The Father as represented by the Son, is in no way anything like the god of Moses.

5. The God of the commandments said "Thou shalt not kill," the god of Moses said, "thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth." Deu 20:16.
    Does that additional information change your response, Teddy?