Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Does anyone know of a Church teaching this to their youth?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    48,806

    Default Does anyone know of a Church teaching this to their youth?

    The God of the Old Testament is the devil.

    Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who ordered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin and Joseph Stalin, and whose God is the devil.
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Church which is teaching this to their youth?
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

    "For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Numerous churches say they think Moses was a literal character who:

    Numbers 31:17-18, "Now therefore KILL EVERY male among the little ones and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But every YOUNG girl who has not known man by lying with him you may keep for yourselves."

    Can young girls give consent to have sex with grown heathen men like those Jews who supposedly killed their relatives?

    Per this account in Numbers and others, genocide and rape is OK if the Jews do it.

    Those with some common sense realize that the true God would not authorize awful things like this.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Church which is teaching this to their youth?
    I cannot identify a specific church, but this kind of teaching is absolutely being tough at some churches. These are churches that do not treat the word of God as authoritative, particularly the old testament. I find it funny that people will claim that the old testament God is a different God than the God of the new testament because He is so much more violent, but if they read about the Jesus who strikes down the nations and treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God in Revelation 19:11-16, it is clear that God does not change between the old and new testaments. People who teach this probably have no contextual understanding of what is going on. They filter and interpret everything through a modern day context rather than the context of the narrative, which speaks about heavy demonic corruption of specific groups of people, and in order for Israel to grow where God planted them, in order to prevent the corruption from spreading into the camp of Israel, they were to destroy it like cancer in the body. The bible mentions Anakim, Rephaim, and other tribes apparrently descended from the Nephilim, which were demonically corrupted by every vile thing that God hates. In some cases the corruption had apparently spread to the food because they weren't allowed to take spoils of grain when they had destroyed certain tribes. But they were allowed to take virgin women, not to rape, but to marry (it is true that marriage was not always consensual in those days, but God had given the law which governs how these things were handled), because there was an apparent sexual or genetic corruption that God wanted to prevent from spreading from these tribes to Israel.

    Whether people believe it is fantasy or not, even if it were fantasy, the narrative explains these things if one is willing to study it in its entirety.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    48,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Church which is teaching this to their youth?
    I was told by someone just this morning, "Like the Trinity it is well known and accepted as true."
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

    "For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hbg. Pa. U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,022
    Blog Entries
    123

    Default

    In regards to Numbers 31:17,18....They assume and presume to have a basis for their understanding for such an abomination. To have sex with little children? Their abominable imaginations is the root of such evil, not the text found in Numbers 31. The Mishnah; which is nothing more than a commentary handed down by oral tradition, doesn't help. Those who have presumed to know the will of GOD and handed down these heretical teachings and continue to do so will be in for a quite a surprise on that Great and Dreadful Day.

    Mishnah Four
    1) A girl of the age of three years and one day may be betrothed by intercourse and if a yavam had intercourse with her, he acquires her thereby.
    2) One can be liable for adultery with her;
    3) And she defiles the one who had intercourse with her so that he in turn conveys uncleanness to a couch underneath as to a cover above.
    4) If she was married to a priest, she may eat terumah.
    5) If any of the disqualified men have relations with her he disqualifies her from the priesthood.
    6) If any of the forbidden relatives found in the Torah had relations with her he is to be executed on her account, but she is exempt [from the penalty].
    7) If she was younger than this age, intercourse with her is like putting a finger in the eye.

    It is sad. In the name of "religion" they try to explain away the obvious meaning of these text as found in the Mishnah. There is no explanation other than heresy.
    Last edited by lightbearer; 06-17-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raldridge View Post
    I cannot identify a specific church, but this kind of teaching is absolutely being tough at some churches. These are churches that do not treat the word of God as authoritative, particularly the old testament. I find it funny that people will claim that the old testament God is a different God than the God of the new testament because He is so much more violent, but if they read about the Jesus who strikes down the nations and treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God in Revelation 19:11-16, it is clear that God does not change between the old and new testaments. People who teach this probably have no contextual understanding of what is going on. They filter and interpret everything through a modern day context rather than the context of the narrative, which speaks about heavy demonic corruption of specific groups of people, and in order for Israel to grow where God planted them, in order to prevent the corruption from spreading into the camp of Israel, they were to destroy it like cancer in the body. The bible mentions Anakim, Rephaim, and other tribes apparrently descended from the Nephilim, which were demonically corrupted by every vile thing that God hates. In some cases the corruption had apparently spread to the food because they weren't allowed to take spoils of grain when they had destroyed certain tribes. But they were allowed to take virgin women, not to rape, but to marry (it is true that marriage was not always consensual in those days, but God had given the law which governs how these things were handled), because there was an apparent sexual or genetic corruption that God wanted to prevent from spreading from these tribes to Israel.

    Whether people believe it is fantasy or not, even if it were fantasy, the narrative explains these things if one is willing to study it in its entirety.
    Using a made up book such as Rev to justify genocide and forced sex on young girls is misguided thinking. It may be above your head at the current time but with reflection....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    In regards to Numbers 31:17,18....They assume and presume to have a basis for their understanding for such an abomination. To have sex with little children? Their abominable imaginations is the root of such evil, not the text found in Numbers 31. The Mishnah; which is nothing more than a commentary handed down by oral tradition, doesn't help. Those who have presumed to know the will of GOD and handed down these heretical teachings and continue to do so will be in for a quite a surprise on that Great and Dreadful Day.

    Mishnah Four
    1) A girl of the age of three years and one day may be betrothed by intercourse and if a yavam had intercourse with her, he acquires her thereby.
    2) One can be liable for adultery with her;
    3) And she defiles the one who had intercourse with her so that he in turn conveys uncleanness to a couch underneath as to a cover above.
    4) If she was married to a priest, she may eat terumah.
    5) If any of the disqualified men have relations with her he disqualifies her from the priesthood.
    6) If any of the forbidden relatives found in the Torah had relations with her he is to be executed on her account, but she is exempt [from the penalty].
    7) If she was younger than this age, intercourse with her is like putting a finger in the eye.

    It is sad. In the name of "religion" they try to explain away the obvious meaning of these text as found in the Mishnah. There is no explanation other than heresy.
    It is unclear to me and probably others, if you in approve of sex with girls of younger than 1200 days of age. Jews made up lots of lies, including the Numbers stories.

    BTW, I've read that in the 5 books accredited to Moses he never speaks in the first person. Such as I did this and that. It is always Moses did this and that. Makes a FEW suspicious that "Moses" never wrote any of it, or more probably never existed except in the minds of Jews who made him up.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul is GREAT View Post
    Using a made up book such as Rev to justify genocide and forced sex on young girls is misguided thinking. It may be above your head at the current time but with reflection....
    If you believe the book is a made up story, that is your right. But if you believe that it endorses rape, you have not understood the context. Taking a virgin girl to be your wife was what you did in that society, it was not considered rape. The bible treats rape and extra-marital sex the same way. If a woman is raped, according to the law, the man is to be put to death. If sex is consensual, and they are both unmarried, they must get married. If a married woman is involved with a man that is not her husband, whether it is consensual or not, the man is to be put to death.

    This is a different governmental system than we have today, and it was a very different time where they did not have the kind of CSI technology that we have in order to prove that someone is raped. So, if the rape happens in the city, the only evidence they have that it was not consensual is if she is heard by others as she screams. If no one is around to hear her scream, she is given the benefit of the doubt, but in either case, the rapist is put to death.

    You mention genocide as if God is ordering the Israelite's to kill the innocent and pure. They were not innocent, and even the presumably innocent women and children were not pure. According to the book you say is made up, God is justified in killing everyone because of sin. Genocide of the wicked, performed by someone with the authority to do so, is not wrong. In the case of God commanding the Israelite's to wipe out certain tribes, God also occasionally uses gentile nations to destroy Israel. It is simply a case of God using the wicked to destroy the wicked.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    48,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Church which is teaching this to their youth?
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Bible School or Seminary which is teaching this to their students?
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

    "For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana
    Posts
    8,214
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Is anyone on this board able to identify a Church which is teaching this to their youth?
    The God of the Old Testament and the God of the new Testament are the same God. He chose His servants that would carry forth His work in both the Law and the Prophets and in the Grace age through our Lord Jesus Christ . And no ! The bible does not indicate that Moses suffered any kind of mental disorder ,nor did he ever participate in pagan worship . Though He caught some of the people worshiping strange gods they made with their own hands ,usually the gods of the heathen nations surrounding Israel. And that due to their own choice to choose them . Take the number of actual true born again believers in Christ and stack that against the number of unredeemed reprobates that will stand the Judgment and you will find that the number of true believers are far less than the number of reprobates that will suffer Hell !.................m
    " But what does the divine response say to him ? I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal . Even so then at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Rom.11:1 5,6 ................m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •