Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    If those who heard the music never let it move their hearts to soar above their normal daily tasks and see the value of matters not measured in money or prestige, then it was wasted. "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" "Do not seek for the bread that perishes but that which endures into eternal life." Some people spend their lives and some people invest them. Depends entirely upon the values a man has chosen to make to important.
    I beleive in arts said for itself.

even if there is no-one willing to hear it.

but I understand your view and concur.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,784 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    I beleive in arts said for itself.

even if there is no-one willing to hear it.

but I understand your view and concur.
    I agree but if there is no one willing to hear it, it falls on the floor and lies there dead. After all, music and art and the world are there to enoble man, not ends in themselves, IMHO. If we do not make what kind of people we become a value what is left besides material possessions as goals for a lifetime?
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,784 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    so you are saying......................?
    Just means that the presence of something (like heavenly bodies) does not follow that they were all there for us.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The word waste has many implications.
    Vincent Van Gogh made so little money painting he was starving. He ate his paints, went insane and killed himself. That was a waste. He could have found another job, ate enough, lived 30 more years and maybe had time for some good paintings.
    Others took that option, died of old age and didn't reach their potentials as artists.
    Which was the greater waste?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 789 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
    The word waste has many implications.
    Vincent Van Gogh made so little money painting he was starving. He ate his paints, went insane and killed himself. That was a waste. He could have found another job, ate enough, lived 30 more years and maybe had time for some good paintings.
    Others took that option, died of old age and didn't reach their potentials as artists.
    Which was the greater waste?
    Or God could have sent him some manna so his artistic career continued.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345