Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why?

Thanks

"the little princess" is a good one. 1980's

i think it is still on YT (was a year ago) - I got the DVD of it.

starring Amalla(sp) shipman (she was great in it - never acted after it (14? then - real cute too - lol). guess she decided she did not like acting for a career. our lose. she was great in that show.

check it out

there is newer movie of course! - and of course not as good. not bad but not as good as the original.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,825 Times in 4,875 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    "the little princess" is a good one. 1980's

i think it is still on YT (was a year ago) - I got the DVD of it.

starring Amalla(sp) shipman (she was great in it - never acted after it (14? then - real cute too - lol). guess she decided she did not like acting for a career. our lose. she was great in that show.

check it out

there is newer movie of course! - and of course not as good. not bad but not as good as the original.
    Sure. I think there is a Shirly TEmple movie of that name.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Did God create the Universe solely for the benefit of us human beings (..."for seasons, and for days, and years..and to give light upon the |Earth").

It is estimated there are between one and two trillion galaxies with about 700,000 billion billion stars.

All that - just for us?

As an atheist I'm in the happy position of not having to struggle to make sense of that.
    There is no reason for it - any more than there's a "reason" for us.

We're like the stars: we simply "are."
    its a numbers game.

universe is too huge not to have trillions of sentient aliens "out there"

of course we will never hear from them (why would the bother/distances are too great).

any form of Christianity that denies sentient alien life (rather than affirming it via the "numbers game", and affirms the concept of "other Christs" for them) is all wet and bollox.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Sure. I think there is a Shirly TEmple movie of that name.
    look like you are right.

not a Temple fan myself.

did not know of her movie.

this is the one I was refering too.

good "tear jerker"

part one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz6R-hKfL9s

part two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEkqcTG5RA

Thanks
    Thanked 5,825 Times in 4,875 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gaffo, we used to watch Shirley Temple movies as kids. Her brother lived down the street and I have a book she signed for me. But that is neither here nor there.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

These posts seem a diversion but they're really not.
    Jack Fitzgerald once said that if the whole population of China were to walk past you 4 abreast you would never see the end of the line (because of additional births of course).
    I'm pretty sure if a baby were born tomorrow with total insomnia and started watching every movie ever released in chronological order she'd die of old age before she saw them all.
    Why waste time making films most people will never have time to see.
    Solomon wrote "To the making of many books there is no end" 3000 years ago! It was already futile to try.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Gaffo, we used to watch Shirley Temple movies as kids. Her brother lived down the street and I have a book she signed for me. But that is neither here nor there.
    that book you hve is probably worth some money.

of course might be worth keeping for keep saking's sake.

money is not all.

as along as you have enough for food.

(my philosophy)..i,e as long as I have enough for a roof over my head and food.................all is good.

i.e. enough money to allow me to "Think" - lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    that book you hve is probably worth some money.

of course might be worth keeping for keep saking's sake.

money is not all.

as along as you have enough for food.

(my philosophy)..i,e as long as I have enough for a roof over my head and food.................all is good.

i.e. enough money to allow me to "Think" - lol.
    Hi Gaffo?

Do you think money is the root of all evil?

I'm a bit like you, if I've got enough for a full belly and a warm bed I'm happy but I have no objection if I had more.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John53 View Post
    Hi Gaffo?
    Hi John - good to see ya!

Do you think money is the root of all evil?

in the abstract - yes I think money is evil (as just another form of power).

but is is necessary in the real world. and that ok.

as for me - I'm ok being "poor" - my home is small, I drive a Yaris (10 yrs now)...next car will be either a Fiat500 or Miata (I have a trailer that I use and attach to the small car (stick shift of course -------------here in America the bots have forgotten how to shift gears - but I LOVE driving (have stiff springs/anti-roll bad on my Yaris) -------when I can no longer buy a new car that is a standard (shifter) - I'll buy used one!.

as long as I can feed myself via my income, i'm happy (of course I'm single - I had bad experiences with "femenist gals" via college year ago (man haters...looking for "superman").

I'm the farthest from Superman (so not rich). God willing if I find a gal that does not care about money and like me for me (met a curvy (ubber curvy - like i like - sorry for being a man ladies - lol) black gal that seems to date to be "dopwn to earth (not a man hater)...........maybe I'll find a gal i can enjoy the company of (refer to my thread in Noah - ya I'm bored - lol). She is cute (gigantic butt too - small waist too (sorry ladies I', shallow due to physical attributes).

if at the end of the day she also values money more the me (I don't think so do date - but am on guard and will note it if it shows itself) no loss.

Black gals do not seem to be the "man haters" that what gals are however - so I'm hopeful.

don't get me wrong, I'm not a woman hater, just a average poor smuck, that welcomes any woman (with a big butt - lol (sorry for be shallow ladies)) that can accept me for being me.

I've dated Black gals from the late 80's - when it was "verbotten" up through the 90's...........so for me (for her it may be an issue- only she knows her family/friends.............it is not relivent.

I'm a bit like you, if I've got enough for a full belly and a warm bed I'm happy but I have no objection if I had more.
    me as well.

my dad had 30 million in stock options (he was a CEO and rich in the 80/90's), but those stock options ended up a big zeron when his company went under at the end of the Cold War (25 yrs ago). He lost what he had with the last economic collapse 9 yrs ago.

so I will not get any inheritence.

thats ok (to be honst my views about money is probably biased due to my dad - who lived for work and divorced my mom when in was i kid in the 70's.

he was never home.

I love my dad - and vise versa - but we never talk and in a way we are strangers ;-/. he is not long for this world - 82 - but i lack the balls to make us closer than we are.

------------but it is as it is ;-/.

thanks for reply John!

hope you are well ;-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456