Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Darkness Mean Gravity?

Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    The firmament (depending on context) means either the atmosphere or the heavens

as for gravity relativity defines it not so much as a force but as a consequence of the curvature of space/time and the "lumpiness of the universe
    So the firmament is almost all just nitrogen and oxygen?

I have no idea what the curvature of space and time means. Can you help me understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    So the firmament is almost all just nitrogen and oxygen?

I have no idea what the curvature of space and time means. Can you help me understand this?

As long as you or anyone else tries to force fit astrophysics into
    genesis, no understanding is going to be possible.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    As long as you or anyone else tries to force fit astrophysics into
    genesis, no understanding is going to be possible.

Just sayin'.
    Since you seem so certain of what is possible in terms of understanding, this must imply you at least think you have some kind of ultimate understanding, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    Since you seem so certain of what is possible in terms of understanding, this must imply you at least think you have some kind of ultimate understanding, no?
    No. That is the conceit of "believers".

Gravitational attraction between two massive spheres deflecting a illuminated mirror on a torsion wire bearing the weight of balanced and suspended spheres proves that the gravitational attraction is a local effect.

Since atheists deny the existence of God they have put themselves in a small box and are now forced to continue to paint themselves into a corner and thus end up believing in magical blackboard solutions to problems that don't exist.

They try to explain what only God can do.
    So, they end up believing in and claiming occult forces are at work.
    Occult sources of energy and matter are the new magic belief of the phony sciences used to attempt to deny God glory.
    The heavens are the handiwork of God.
    Atheists believe in magic occult forces instead.
    Believing in magical nature is nothing other than paganism.
    There are no galaxy making forces, no solar system creation mechanism extant in the known universe.
    And no amount of suppositions about eons of time can produce any science.

People with common sense know there is a God because there exists no other solution to the existence of all the things seen and obviously set in order as they are and full of information about God, his plan and his power.

The doubts of atheists can never produce truth.

Quote Originally Posted by joman View Post
    Gravitational attraction between two massive spheres deflecting a illuminated mirror on a torsion wire bearing the weight of balanced and suspended spheres proves that the gravitational attraction is a local effect.

Since atheists deny the existence of God they have put themselves in a small box and are now forced to continue to paint themselves into a corner and thus end up believing in magical blackboard solutions to problems that don't exist.

They try to explain what only God can do.
    So, they end up believing in and claiming occult forces are at work.
    Occult sources of energy and matter are the new magic belief of the phony sciences used to attempt to deny God glory.
    The heavens are the handiwork of God.
    Atheists believe in magic occult forces instead.
    Believing in magical nature is nothing other than paganism.
    There are no galaxy making forces, no solar system creation mechanism extant in the known universe.
    And no amount of suppositions about eons of time can produce any science.

People with common sense know there is a God because there exists no other solution to the existence of all the things seen and obviously set in order as they are and full of information about God, his plan and his power.

The doubts of atheists can never produce truth.
    Uh, no. Occult and magic, believing and claiming is what being a goddie, a "believer"
    is all about.

With your bpiling moon and flash frozen mammoths in mind, we feel you may not
    be the one to speak knowingly about common sense.

It is encouraging tho that you have the modicum of sense needed to recognize
    that magical thinking is somehow flawed.

Next is the step to recognize that the fault, to paraphrase the bard a bit,
    is not with atheists or the world scidntific community, but with yourself.

The Lord states in the creation account that the darkness is called Night.
    The purpose for light is to let man see the truth of things even those things that dwell in darkness. This is why understanding light is difficult since it is the tool for measuring and exposing finite things.
    Note that darkness is as atheism.
    For darkness is but the absence of light.
    As atheism is the absence of the knowledge of God and his knowledge of unseen things that are eternal.
    Gravitational attraction is a law imposed upon all matter by God and as with all natural laws there can be discerned no mechanism that enforces the law.
    This is because God's word is law.
    If God commands all matter to have attraction to all other matter then so it is.
    But if you search to find a mechanism facilitating the enforcement of God's natural laws you will not find one.
    Nevertheless, the natural law is, without any strings attached, so to speak, obeyed without exception.
    This is how a scientist ought to realize that God exists. For although he is unknowable by scientific means, yet, and still, his laws exist and his works are manifest to all with eyes to see the truth.

I'm not clear about what you are referring to here... Can you explain further?

Gravitational attraction is a law imposed upon all matter by God and as with all natural laws there can be discerned no mechanism that enforces the law.
    This is because God's word is law.
    If God commands all matter to have attraction to all other matter then so it is.
    But if you search to find a mechanism facilitating the enforcement of God's natural laws you will not find one.
    Nevertheless, the natural law is, without any strings attached, so to speak, obeyed without exception.
    This is how a scientist ought to realize that God exists.
    So only God can ever know, is that what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I'm not sure if it's 97% or not, but yeah....that's about it. It's the shape and movement of the galaxies.....as I said, I'm no expert....I just feel smarter when I watch the science shows....so I do. My view on it is that there's enough of the top scientists acknowledging it that there's something to it....and it adds another wrinkle into existence that we didn't know before. Some people have speculated that it could be an evidence of the multiverse. Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about but I do know there's plenty to look into if someone wants to put in the time and effort.
    ya we have "missing matter" by 90 some odd percent.

"dark matter" is suppose to make up the missing mass (it's existance is now take as "gospel" by nearly all Phycists - but bear in mind that there was no such thing as "Dark energy" until empircal evidence (good evidence too) showed its existance (which we still do not understand the nature of).

to date there is no empirical evidence that shows "Dark Matter" exists.

i view it a "bunk" (I do not beleive in DM)...........IMO it serves as a "place sitter" until we find where the missing matter is to be found (in black holes?/elsewhere).

physicists were taken for a loop over Dark Energy and are now talking out their arse over Dark matter. fact is we don't know much, and much less that we thought we know 20 yrs ago - only not willing to be humble enough to admit it.

what else is new. ;-/.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast