Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Does Darkness Mean Gravity?

  1. #1

    Default Does Darkness Mean Gravity?

    This is a general interpretation I have from Genesis chapter 1 and Job chapter 38.

    "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
    ~ Genesis 1:2

    "When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,"
    ~ Job 38:9

    Darkness on the face of the deep I am reading as gravity on the ocean... waves.

    The swaddling band description of Job 38:9 might describe a force holding something in place.

    Wondering what people here think. Does darkness mean gravity?

    ******

    As a side topic to this, also mentioned in Job 38:9, you might also wonder about the cloud covering. Are clouds always, in a sense, directly, from God.

    I don't think there is any good scientific consensus on how clouds form.
    To form rain water you need some kind of solid object to form the drops of condensation that fall from the sky, right?
    There seems to be no good scientific consensus on where the solid object needed is seeded...

    Seems like people just shrug and say it is dust... Like dirt kicked up...

    But I don't think it is dirt kicked up, because clouds are very cold, and dirt kicked up is pretty hot.

    If you've ever flown on a plane where they have screens for passengers that show you the outside temperature of where you're flying, around 7 miles high, you know the temperatures are like Antarctica outside of that plane.

    So this leads me to the question, are all clouds seeded from the wind and snow in Antarctica by God? (And perhaps some are seeded from the North Pole, too...)
    Last edited by Inach Marbank; 05-25-2017 at 04:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I'm no physicist IM, but I do watch the Science Channel, lol. A recent program I watched on dark matter and dark energy shows some computer models that demonstrate that our universe only works the way we observe, if dark matter isn't actually more a part of the universe than the parts we can see. What part these pay in gravity, IDK, but they may be topics you'd enjoy looking into.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    13,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    This is a general interpretation I have from Genesis chapter 1 and Job chapter 38.

    "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
    ~ Genesis 1:2

    "When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,"
    ~ Job 38:9

    Darkness on the face of the deep I am reading as gravity on the ocean... waves.

    The swaddling band description of Job 38:9 might describe a force holding something in place.

    Wondering what people here think. Does darkness mean gravity?

    ******

    As a side topic to this, also mentioned in Job 38:9, you might also wonder about the cloud covering. Are clouds always, in a sense, directly, from God.

    I don't think there is any good scientific consensus on how clouds form.
    To form rain water you need some kind of solid object to form the drops of condensation that fall from the sky, right?
    There seems to be no good scientific consensus on where the solid object needed is seeded...

    Seems like people just shrug and say it is dust... Like dirt kicked up...

    But I don't think it is dirt kicked up, because clouds are very cold, and dirt kicked up is pretty hot.

    If you've ever flown on a plane where they have screens for passengers that show you the outside temperature of where you're flying, around 7 miles high, you know the temperatures are like Antarctica outside of that plane.

    So this leads me to the question, are all clouds seeded from the wind and snow in Antarctica by God? (And perhaps some are seeded from the North Pole, too...)
    If darkness is gravity, is light anti-gravity?
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    If darkness is gravity, is light anti-gravity?
    Ya I think so...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts.
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    This is a general interpretation I have from Genesis chapter 1 and Job chapter 38.

    "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
    ~ Genesis 1:2

    "When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,"
    ~ Job 38:9

    Darkness on the face of the deep I am reading as gravity on the ocean... waves.

    The swaddling band description of Job 38:9 might describe a force holding something in place.

    Wondering what people here think. Does darkness mean gravity?

    ******

    As a side topic to this, also mentioned in Job 38:9, you might also wonder about the cloud covering. Are clouds always, in a sense, directly, from God.

    I don't think there is any good scientific consensus on how clouds form.
    To form rain water you need some kind of solid object to form the drops of condensation that fall from the sky, right?
    There seems to be no good scientific consensus on where the solid object needed is seeded...

    Seems like people just shrug and say it is dust... Like dirt kicked up...

    But I don't think it is dirt kicked up, because clouds are very cold, and dirt kicked up is pretty hot.

    If you've ever flown on a plane where they have screens for passengers that show you the outside temperature of where you're flying, around 7 miles high, you know the temperatures are like Antarctica outside of that plane.

    So this leads me to the question, are all clouds seeded from the wind and snow in Antarctica by God? (And perhaps some are seeded from the North Pole, too...)
    Well we have gravity and it is a weak nuclear force but I do not think the darkness has a role to play. God made the darkness called it night and the light day. All object hav gravitational attrtaction to a greater or lesser degree.

    But as for clouds and rain you are correct. You need water vapor to condense on a particulate to form a raindrop. that is why when the flood of Noah came- God first broke up the great fountains of the deep (great seismic and tectonic activity0 This threw up unknown tons of matter into the atmosphere which would have caused the waters above the firmamnet to come down.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    Well we have gravity and it is a weak nuclear force but I do not think the darkness has a role to play. God made the darkness called it night and the light day. All object hav gravitational attrtaction to a greater or lesser degree.

    But as for clouds and rain you are correct. You need water vapor to condense on a particulate to form a raindrop. that is why when the flood of Noah came- God first broke up the great fountains of the deep (great seismic and tectonic activity0 This threw up unknown tons of matter into the atmosphere which would have caused the waters above the firmamnet to come down.
    Hmm...

    So you think gravity is a pull from the center of an object?

    And what do you think the firmament is?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I'm no physicist IM, but I do watch the Science Channel, lol. A recent program I watched on dark matter and dark energy shows some computer models that demonstrate that our universe only works the way we observe, if dark matter isn't actually more a part of the universe than the parts we can see. What part these pay in gravity, IDK, but they may be topics you'd enjoy looking into.
    I think I've seen some stuff like this watching TV idly a while ago, but can't remember the points too well...

    Isn't it something like this? "...based on our models of gravity, galaxies shouldn't be where they are, so we calculate we need 97% of everything to be dark matter..."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    I think I've seen some stuff like this watching TV idly a while ago, but can't remember the points too well...

    Isn't it something like this? "...based on our models of gravity, galaxies shouldn't be where they are, so we calculate we need 97% of everything to be dark matter..."
    I'm not sure if it's 97% or not, but yeah....that's about it. It's the shape and movement of the galaxies.....as I said, I'm no expert....I just feel smarter when I watch the science shows....so I do. My view on it is that there's enough of the top scientists acknowledging it that there's something to it....and it adds another wrinkle into existence that we didn't know before. Some people have speculated that it could be an evidence of the multiverse. Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about but I do know there's plenty to look into if someone wants to put in the time and effort.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts.
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    Hmm...

    So you think gravity is a pull from the center of an object?

    And what do you think the firmament is?
    The firmament (depending on context) means either the atmosphere or the heavens

    as for gravity relativity defines it not so much as a force but as a consequence of the curvature of space/time and the "lumpiness of the universe

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I'm not sure if it's 97% or not, but yeah....that's about it. It's the shape and movement of the galaxies.....as I said, I'm no expert....I just feel smarter when I watch the science shows....so I do. My view on it is that there's enough of the top scientists acknowledging it that there's something to it....and it adds another wrinkle into existence that we didn't know before. Some people have speculated that it could be an evidence of the multiverse. Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about but I do know there's plenty to look into if someone wants to put in the time and effort.
    Maybe it is 96% they came up with...

    I'm thinking, if you need to hypothesize a whole new substance to account for almost absolutely all your theory of gravity, then perhaps your theory is off...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •