Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1014

Thread: The Errors in the Bible Bother Me.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,680
    Thanks
    2,743
    Thanked 5,163 Times in 4,027 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default The Errors in the Bible Bother Me.

    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34,610
    Thanks
    4,487
    Thanked 5,770 Times in 4,824 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    It is likely because you have an expectation of the presentation of truth that puts emphasis on details being 100% correct. If a man would come to you tell you the truth about something, whose grammar was off, would that mean the truth of what he was saying is equally off? If a man told you lies with flawless grammar, does that validate what he is saying? When the donkey spoke to the prophet, did the donkey become infallible?

    Maybe it is easier for those God has spoken to others though as they can understand that the presentation information though a vessel that is not flawless can still communicate the information. They might give a word from God Almighty but it does not mean all spelling, punctuation, syntax will be equally from God. The wine might be excellent but the container can still have a chip. Does not affect the taste of the wine.
    Last edited by Dottie; 05-14-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

    jmldn2 (05-14-2017), sealchan (05-17-2017)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,035
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 169 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Errors in the Bible opens up a whole new perspective if you claim to believe in the God of the Bible.

    Not because there might or might not be, but because, if there are any, what are they?

    Are they apparent discrepancies that really are not, or are they apparently solid scriptures that are really not?

    Even better, are they intentional? If so, why and by whom?

    And, is there a way to find the truth any error hides or uncover what lies the error might be promoting?

    All we can really do is put faith that God's words are contained in and can be discerned from the Bible contents, and that He will find a way to let us discover them.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to An Onymous Brother For This Useful Post:

    jmldn2 (05-14-2017), JohnB (06-03-2017), nolidad (05-22-2017), sealchan (05-17-2017), smoky (05-14-2017)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,826
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 345 Times in 275 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    There are two answers to this.
    1. The translators took liberties that were not warranted. Example; In Acts 12:4 the King James translators, for all their fine and brilliant capabilities, inserted the word "Easter". But the Greek, of Chaldean origin, is "Pascha" - the word for Passover. Easter is a heathen feast to the fertility goddess Ishtar and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Passover. So God did not make any mistake. The translators did.
    2. Your, and my intellect cannot cope with all that God reveals, and how He reveals it. If you were to give young boy of the The San people (or Saan), also known as Bushmen or Basarwa, members of various Khoisan indigenous hunter-gatherer people of Southern Africa who only knows the desert, a book on Calculus, he would not be able to cope with the mysteries it holds. This does not mean there are errors. When you, or I read the Bible, although it might be an accurate translation in our language, it contains the thoughts of the highest and brightest Mind in the universe. The only response to your, and my, dull and fallen intellect, is to say that it contains errors. But NO! It is just our puny minds that cannot fathom it.

    It is best to cast ourselves down to the ground before this mighty God and ask for His enlightenment.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corban For This Useful Post:

    Philip (05-15-2017), smoky (05-14-2017)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,877
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked 380 Times in 316 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.

    The point I see with all of what some folks believe are biblical errors would be summed up in what is said here...
    2 Thess 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

    Now if this is written in the bible, then exactly where would one expect this strong delusion to be found?

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,775
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 323 Times in 303 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    Dear p,
    Apparently, according to Rev 22:18-19, "words" can be added and taken away, and there are apparently to be consequences for both actions. On the other hand, you can heed the testimony of Yeshua, and establish matters by the testimony of two or three witnesses. (Mt 18:16 & Dt 19:15). Plus his note that self witnessing is "not true" (John 5:31). Heeding both of these statements would clean up a lot of the misconceptions which are presented by means of the tare seeds propagated in the field of the bible. (Mt 13). Isaiah 8:20 should filter out any other misgivings.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,663
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.

    God makes no mistakes - humans do - however, God will never allow a human error to distort His message to His creation.


    This is why I do not worry about any errors in the bible.

    PS: Never any reason to delete your thoughts, opinions, beliefs -

    PPS: Truth is all that matters.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 89 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    mr Philip what errors and where in the text do you find errors ,I was only to update the klv with 8 updates and text various changes so pleasr if you have time lets go on one at a time thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,903
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 479 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    Your post sounds like an angry disillusioned child

    PS: Now you jump right in there with doubleuseebee, he sounds like someone you have been dying to meet and don't ignore smokey either.
    Last edited by JimD; 05-14-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Sincerely, JimD

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    9,507
    Thanks
    2,471
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 1,136 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I just deleted everything I wrote. I decided I didn't want to be a mild version of Pasopotte. But then, I think of Rant, and how you let him go, and I think......WTF.... let it stand. Yeah, the errors in the bible bother me, because I don't believe God makes mistakes.

    So, I hope that helps you on the path of truth. Truth is better than lies. But sometimes the truth is incredibly hard to bear.
    What "errors" did you have in mind?"

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoky For This Useful Post:

    jmldn2 (05-14-2017), miknik5 (05-14-2017)

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •