Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: What exactly is the Word of God?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 990 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 03cobra View Post
    Is this helpful?

http://zondervanacademic.com/blog/is...th-mounce-103/

https://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum...php?f=6&t=2779

However you read the passage, it doesn't say or imply "Bible" as the Word of God.
    Cobra,

One of the problems with clergy, is that when young, they grow up reading their Bible and learning from a translation. Then, when confronted with a blatant error that's obviously been perpetuated over centuries, have to concoct some wild ass exception of grammar in order to deny the fact that they've been reading a bad bible.

Insecurity is the mother of stubborn tradition. Did you ever notice that the blind want to be led by the blind?
    In truth, there has been only one Christian, and he died on the cross - supposedly murdered by his own father.

Current ignore list: JimD, De Maria, Agape, jmldn2, smoky

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

To be added to someone's "ignore list" because I refuse to believe as they do, refuse to accept their "interpretation" of scripture, refuse to "dissect" the Word of God, Holy Scripture, and refuse to "hold to " their academic premise is well - not surprising.

My life's work has nothing to do with academic superiority, diversity of language, dissecting scripture. My life's work has been to learn all I can about the God who created everything, try to be the person God would have me to be, grow in His Grace and understanding.

I do not come on this site to "convince" anyone, nor to "convert" anyone, nor to ridicule anyone. I simply post my own personal feelings, thoughts, opinion, and what little bit of my own scriptural knowledge and interpretations.

So, just go ahead anyone here who feels like it to place me on their ignore list if you will. I won't feel the least bit slighted.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

Thanks

Blindness is among those who believe they know it all whenever it comes to scripture, God, religion, and it runs rampant on this site.

Blindness is whenever one cannot or will not agree to disagree. Stubbornness is rampant here as well.

My stubbornness is in the fact that I will not bend to any man/woman's ideas, opinions, accusations, etc. simply because I believe differently.

The only bending I plan on doing is to God.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 2,519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yehushuan View Post
    Cobra,

One of the problems with clergy, is that when young, they grow up reading their Bible and learning from a translation. Then, when confronted with a blatant error that's obviously been perpetuated over centuries, have to concoct some wild ass exception of grammar in order to deny the fact that they've been reading a bad bible.

Insecurity is the mother of stubborn tradition. Did you ever notice that the blind want to be led by the blind?
    I agree. That bias is a hard thing to grow past.

We see the same thing with inerrancy: people pretend the obvious errors are not there because they have been steeped in inerrancy.
    Cobra -- the car, not a poisonous reptile
    Bible quotes are typically NRSV

Thanks

Bias is plentiful on this site from all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    Bias is plentiful on this site from all.
    Dear j,
    I think pride trumps "bias", which is ingrained from years of indoctrination from "our fathers" (Jeremiah 16:19). No fear, after "I doubly repay" the "iniquity of "the sons of Israel" the "nations will come", and confess "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:15-19).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear j,
    I think pride trumps "bias", which is ingrained from years of indoctrination from "our fathers" (Jeremiah 16:19). No fear, after "I doubly repay" the "iniquity of "the sons of Israel" the "nations will come", and confess "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:15-19).
    Fascinating.
    In truth, there has been only one Christian, and he died on the cross - supposedly murdered by his own father.

Thanks

As I read through other threads here, there are so many different thoughts on what the Word of God actually is. Who to believe?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Give it up Judy, the attempt to resurrect your own thread just seems desperate. You really don't have any desire to receive an answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yehushuan View Post
    Give it up Judy, the attempt to resurrect your own thread just seems desperate. You really don't have any desire to receive an answer.

Wow, what words of wisdom. Why did you reply? Don't you have me on ignore?