Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is the Word of God?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yehushuan View Post
    You'd better read the posts again...
    I agree. I almost responded too; but then thought, what would be the point. Good luck...
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lightbearer For This Useful Post:

Yehushuan (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 888 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    I agree. I almost responded too; but then thought, what would be the point. Good luck...
    Yeah, when things go off the rails that far, it's hard to tell what to do.
    "Everybody thinks they're doing the right thing." - Gordon Anke
    (One of wisest men I've known. RIP 3/5/17)

Current ignore list: JimD, smoky, De Maria

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hahaha! What happened? Your ignore list malfunctioning?

God knows what you're smoking, dude.

You'd better read the posts again, because you're making yourself look like fool too. So... yes... (you have) trouble with English.

HEY... anyone out there care enough about De Maria to knock some sense into his head here?

(Thought so.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    Hm? Well, I've got a bit of respect for lightbearer. So, I'll go back and check it out.

Let's look at your post, Y.

You're talking about this verse.

2 Corinthians 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Is that correct?

You claim that it is wrongly interpreted because it has the 's.

Lynn said:

Quote Originally Posted by LynnCF View Post
    The translators made the word Christ possessive by adding the ‘s. Paul does not make it possessive but singular. IOW we are not Christ’s (possessive) we are Christ (singular).
    You said:

Lynn, then how can you explain the fact that χριστου (Christ) is in the genitive case? Whatever your inner guidance told you, it doesn't know or understand the Greek language. The phrase would be heard by one speaking the language back then as saying, "... that he is OF Christ..." and that's where YOU get into trouble. You arrive at conclusions that could not possibly be derived from the initial language.
    Oh, ok. My bad.

Nothing wrong with the possessive in that case. Although Lynne is right that we are Christ:

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

2 Corinthians 5:20 So we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Romans 12:4-5
    For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Acts 26:14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.’ 15 And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand upon your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you to serve and bear witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, 17 delivering you from the people and from the Gentiles—to whom I send you

Saul was not persecuting Jesus, but the Church:

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

MATT 21,21 JOHN 14,12 MARK 16,17+18
    I for one believe every scripture quoted above.
    How about it jmldn 2, do you believe those words or are you a picky eater.

Those words you posted were written by liars whereas the list of verses I posted
    were allegedly spoken by Yeshua-Jesus.
    Doesn't my hand trump yours?

pax

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, when things go off the rails that far, it's hard to tell what to do.
    Good. I'm glad I gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pashapotte View Post
    MATT 21,21 JOHN 14,12 MARK 16,17+18

How about it jmldn 2, do you believe those words or are you a picky eater.

Those words you posted were written by liars whereas the list of verses I posted
    were allegedly spoken by Yeshua-Jesus.
    Doesn't my hand trump yours?

pax

This thread is not about whose post "trumps' another. It is about the subject in the OP.

I see all of scripture as the Word of God.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    This thread is not about whose post "trumps' another. It is about the subject in the OP.

I see all of scripture as the Word of God.
    jmld2, all scripture is the word of God but what these eggheads are so gleefully trying to point out at your expense is the bibles we have are not 100% scripture. There are a few and relatively unimportant errors in all bibles. I say unimportant because the bible is very redundant as it teaches the same thing over and over and if an error creeps in one place it will be purged out in many other places. What these people don't want to talk about is the errors in all our heads far outweigh any errors in our bibles. By their pretense of superior knowledge they would like to think and cause you to think they have the truth and we don't. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Sincerely, JimD

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimD For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (05-21-2017), LynnCF (05-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    jmld2, all scripture is the word of God but what these eggheads are so gleefully trying to point out at your expense is the bibles we have are not 100% scripture. There are a few and relatively unimportant errors in all bibles. I say unimportant because the bible is very redundant as it teaches the same thing over and over and if an error creeps in one place it will be purged out in many other places. What these people don't want to talk about is the errors in all our heads far outweigh any errors in our bibles. By their pretense of superior knowledge they would like to think and cause you to think they have the truth and we don't. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Dear d,
    Actually, the parables about the "good seed", the word of the "kingdom" is kept hidden from the "wicked" (Mt 13 & Daniel 12:10 & Mt 13:13). It is the "tare seed"/gospel of the "false prophets" (Mt 7:15), which is cast together with the "good seed", which is followed by the "many" (Mt 7:13). The "good seed", the gospel of the "kingdom", which is not understood, is effectively nailed to the cross, and the false gospel of grace, is heralded as the saving grace of God, but which according to Yeshua, in Mt 7:13, leads to "destruction". But don't worry, not all is lost, while you still breath, you have a chance to repent.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their belief as to what the Word of God is. Taking the scriptures apart word for word is not my goal.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 888 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their belief as to what the Word of God is. Taking the scriptures apart word for word is not my goal.
    NO One is entitled to his or her own Facts, Judy.
    "Everybody thinks they're doing the right thing." - Gordon Anke
    (One of wisest men I've known. RIP 3/5/17)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Yehushuan For This Useful Post:

03cobra (05-21-2017)

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast