Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 331

Thread: 2 Cor 5:10

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    The rest is not worth addressing again, but I did want to comment on this:

    I have explained this before, but it's been awhile. I used to ride motorcycles and wore a half-helmet. Some people have said that half-helmets make you look like a mushroom. I participated on a few motorcycle forums and chose shroom as a user name. When I joined this forum almost 7 years ago I used the same name. No real reason, I just did. Sometimes I wish I had picked a different name, but that's water way under the bridge.

    I understand that you do not like me, but it seems you've gotten to the point where you're willing to say anything that jumps into your mind to attempt to discredit me.

    I'm curious, how does the user name "Dottie" honor God?

    One final thing: regardless of what you think, I will be in the kingdom. I truly hope you will be there too.

    Edit: to answer your bolded question, no. Moses and Elijah will say they were not really there.
    I have heard the explanation of your name to mean something totally different to readers. This is your personal reference, but it communicates something totally different. My name is the name of a person made in his image. It neither elevates me to something more than a man, like some names, nor is it the name of a thing, something lower than made in his image.

    It is not true that I do not like you. Not at all. But your doctrine is way off. Jesus was just a man to you. Many other points you deny. You have found a theology you like and edit the Bible accordingly.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Back to the OP....We stand in this life making choices among options. One day we will stand before Him and have either riches to give Him, coming solely out of the choices we made with the resources given us, little or many, or we will stand there with nothing to give because we had no desire to give to God but merely like taking from Him instead. If anyone wants to love God with all their being and give Him something, I am here to tell you that you can. This is costly but well worth it in terms of relationship with God that is opened up to those who want Him and not just his gifts. But the choice is always ours. He will not make us do this nor does he do something inside of us to make us want this. We fan the flame or we let it smolder. A gift is meaningless if the giver was manipulated into giving it.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    35,194
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 5,450 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I have heard the explanation of your name to mean something totally different to readers. This is your personal reference, but it communicates something totally different. My name is the name of a person made in his image. It neither elevates me to something more than a man, like some names, nor is it the name of a thing, something lower than made in his image.
    Dottie, is there ANYTHING you do not find fault with?

    It is not true that I do not like you. Not at all. But your doctrine is way off.
    Time will tell.

    Jesus was just a man to you.
    Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

    Many other points you deny.
    I disagree with you on several things.

    You have found a theology you like and edit the Bible accordingly.
    Everything I believe comes from the scriptures.

    Have a nice day.....

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Back to the OP....We stand in this life making choices among options. One day we will stand before Him and have either riches to give Him, coming solely out of the choices we made with the resources given us, little or many, or we will stand there with nothing to give because we had no desire to give to God but merely like taking from Him instead. If anyone wants to love God with all their being and give Him something, I am here to tell you that you can. This is costly but well worth it in terms of relationship with God that is opened up to those who want Him and not just his gifts. But the choice is always ours. He will not make us do this nor does he do something inside of us to make us want this. We fan the flame or we let it smolder. A gift is meaningless if the giver was manipulated into giving it.
    Back to the OP...
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts.
    Posts
    1,888
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 153 Times in 140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Ephesians does not say Moses went to heaven.


    There is no scripture that states that.

    I know where people get the idea.... They read the parable in Luke 16 and take it literally. Then they read Eph 4:8 and claim the captivity that was led captive is all dead OT saints.

    It makes a good story, but it's not true.
    There is scriptures that say that!

    BTW if you say that Jesus just made up apparitions of Moses and Elijah and had a conversation with them, He was using trickery. After all if they had ceased to exist and the disciples believed that (which they didn't they believed in the existence of the soul after death- only the sadducees believed like you do). Then you are forced to conclude that Jesus created a lie and deliberately decieved the disaciples! They believed they were seeing actual people for they wished to make tabernacles.

    Matthew 17King James Version (KJV)

    17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

    2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

    3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

    4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

    5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

    6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.

    7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

    8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

    9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
    Maybe the glory Jesus showed was a ruse as well. After all you believe He did not exist prior to his birth except just as a thought and word!

    No matter what- the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Jesus did something that was not true (for the disciples were not asleep as this to be an ecstatic vision) if the souls of the dead cease to exist.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nolidad For This Useful Post:

    Dottie (05-18-2017)

  7. #286
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    There is scriptures that say that!

    BTW if you say that Jesus just made up apparitions of Moses and Elijah and had a conversation with them, He was using trickery. After all if they had ceased to exist and the disciples believed that (which they didn't they believed in the existence of the soul after death- only the sadducees believed like you do). Then you are forced to conclude that Jesus created a lie and deliberately decieved the disaciples! They believed they were seeing actual people for they wished to make tabernacles.



    Maybe the glory Jesus showed was a ruse as well. After all you believe He did not exist prior to his birth except just as a thought and word!

    No matter what- the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Jesus did something that was not true (for the disciples were not asleep as this to be an ecstatic vision) if the souls of the dead cease to exist.
    Good point. One asks what would be the use of showing them something that never happened. When Peter had a vision of animals, there were not real animals there. But when Moses and Elijah are seen talking with Jesus and he is changed before them, that either really happened or it is useless. It cannot communicate anything if it never happened. But Nolidad, you will not make any progress. The poster has made up his mind and alters the scriptures accordingly or ignores them. Eveything that does not fit, did not happen.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  8. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    35,194
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 5,450 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Good point. One asks what would be the use of showing them something that never happened. When Peter had a vision of animals, there were not real animals there. But when Moses and Elijah are seen talking with Jesus and he is changed before them, that either really happened or it is useless. It cannot communicate anything if it never happened. But Nolidad, you will not make any progress. The poster has made up his mind and alters the scriptures accordingly or ignores them. Eveything that does not fit, did not happen.
    Stop lying, Dottie.

    Back to the OP... Remember?

  9. #288
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Stop lying, Dottie.

    Back to the OP... Remember?
    I am not, Shroom. That is exactly what you do. You think the transfigeration never happened in real life. You said Elijah and Moses were never there. I suppose you think the burning bush was never really there either because that too was called a "vision." You delete the bits you do not like and Jesus being God incarnate is rejected.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  10. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    35,194
    Thanks
    1,493
    Thanked 5,450 Times in 4,502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I am not, Shroom.
    You are. You accused me of altering the scriptures or ignoring them. I do not do that.

    That is exactly what you do. You think the transfigeration never happened in real life.
    That is correct. Jesus Christ himself said it was a vision. Why don't you believe him? Primarily because you believe dead people are alive.

    You said Elijah and Moses were never there.
    They were in the vision, but they were not literally there. They were dead, and are still dead, awaiting resurrection.

    I suppose you think the burning bush was never really there either because that too was called a "vision."
    Where?

    You delete the bits you do not like
    That continues to be false.

    On the other hand, you reject the writings of Job, Solomon, David, Isaiah, and Jeremiah as the writings of despondent depressed men, and do not believe what they wrote.

    and Jesus being God incarnate is rejected.
    That's right. There is one God, the Father (1 Cor 8:6). You reject that scripture too.

  11. #290
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    33,723
    Thanks
    4,390
    Thanked 5,665 Times in 4,735 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    That's right. There is one God, the Father (1 Cor 8:6). You reject that scripture too.
    No I don't. Here O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •