Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What do creationists say about "Old Tjikko"?

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    Oh? You dont take pride in what you do? That is a good sign.

Well, after seeing how little you were able to see what is relevant and what is not to the matter of C14 in a living tree, it is unsurprising you could not see the relevant differencesin what you see to be "just the same".

However, you did make a bit of a breakthrough, in that you recognize that intellectual dishonesty is taking place somewhere, (is that not so?) else you'd not try this "you are just as bad' stuff.

But it is not "just the same".

First a side comment, the "against common sense" hardly is the same as "wrong". Likewise with "conterintuitive", and "mysterious".

But getting to the core of it: You, all other creos present, and our Dr. Wise have this in common: No evidence, (not even all in the universe) will make the least difference
    to what you think the bible seems to say. Is that not so?

Now, with regard to science, the essence of what you quoted is:

Research can only proceed with facts, data, numbers, observations etc.
    There is no other intellectually honestway to do it.

There is no data of any sort indicating that any "divine foot" or other supernatural force exists.

What would you have researchers do? Start with a conclusion (goddidit) and then
    go about trying to prove that? Bitterly cling to it, even when all the evidence..

"Oh hang on a minute"", as you might put it, that is exactly what you are advocating.
    Blah, blah, blah. Just admit you made it up and get over it. It's starting to get to the point where doubts are arising about anything you've got to say.

Avoid something so delicious?

In support of this "equivalence" would you produce for us at least one fact that has been generated by a creo "researcher" that would indicate that deep time or evolution is wrong?

Actual researchers have, (collateral damage and all, to the archaic beliefs of many a superstition or religion) generated a great many facts while carrying out their work,with objectivity as an ideal.

Creos use "hold fast the faith" as their ideal. And you find that slanderous of me to say so?
    Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4.

Have a good day!
    Still small

[QUOTE=Still small;1324582]
    Blah, blah, blah. Just admit you made it up and get over it. It's starting to get to the point where doubts are arising about anything you've got to say.
    So when are you going to admit that you were wrong on both the 99% thing, and the claim of C14 only from living organisms?

You DID make those up.

As for what yousaid I made up?
    By the (phony) standard you are using , no statement based on
    an interpretation of consistent evidence is anything but made up, ie, a lie.

Of course, that you cannot show I am wrong is a sign. Are you good at reading sign?

Of course, you skipped all of this, with the blah blah dodge:

Well, after seeing how little you were able to see what is relevant and what is not to the matter of C14 in a living tree, it is unsurprising you could not see the relevant differences in what you see to be "just the same".

However, you did make a bit of a breakthrough, in that you recognize that intellectual dishonesty is taking place somewhere, (is that not so?) else you'd not try this "you are just as bad' stuff.

But it is not "just the same".

Actual researchers have, (collateral damage and all, to the archaic beliefs of many a superstition or religion) generated a great many facts while carrying out their work,with objectivity as an ideal.

Creos use "hold fast the faith" as their ideal. And you find that slanderous of me to say so?

So show us something from someone who does not need the protection of a sheltered workshop* like ICR in order to publish their "findings".

Isnt ICR that outfit that requires an oath of intellectual dishonesty?

Going to ICR for "research" is like going to the LDS church for
    "research" on how true the Book of Mormon is.

pa-freakin'- thetic.

* shel·tered work·shop
    noun
    a supervised workplace for physically disabled or mentally handicapped adults.
    Last edited by Taikoo; 05-15-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Still small View Post

Have a good day!

Still small
    Smarmy:

1. revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness
    a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction
    : of low sleazy taste

extremely polite or helpful or showing a lot of respect in a way that is annoying or does not seem sincere:

So show us something from someone who does not need the protection of a sheltered workshop* like ICR in order to publish their "findings".

Isnt ICR that outfit that requires an oath of intellectual dishonesty?

Going to ICR for "research" is like going to the LDS church for
    "research" on how true the Book of Mormon is.

pa-freakin'- thetic.

* shel·tered work·shop
    noun
    a supervised workplace for physically disabled or mentally handicapped adults.
    What! Is that the best you can do? Can't you dispute any of the findings in the papers? Or can you only try and discredit the source? Surely, if the finding are so false or biased, you could easily rip it apart. Have a go at that rather than maligning persons of whom you have no idea. I'll be awaiting your critique of the data.

Have a good day!
    Still small

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Before wasting your time, Noli, you should know that I can't take you or any YEC seriously. I mean - a six-day "poof" just 6,000 years ago!

I suggest you don't take me seriously either. I mean, I have the bizarre belief that Nature can do things all on its own - like cause an embryo to form and grow in the womb and become a new, independent form of life.
    So have nature do it without the DNA code that lays out how that embryo will form and grow! After all it can do it all on its own. You believe it took minerals- and magically somehow turned it organic, then somehow in some mystic way, mutated that organic goo and created the massively compl;ex cell all at once (remember anything mising from a cell causes the cell to die3)

Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    So have nature do it without the DNA code that lays out how that embryo will form and grow! After all it can do it all on its own. You believe it took minerals- and magically somehow turned it organic, then somehow in some mystic way, mutated that organic goo and created the massively compl;ex cell all at once (remember anything mising from a cell causes the cell to die3)
    Once you're again making stuff up.
    Last edited by John53; 05-17-2017 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Missed a word
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Quote Originally Posted by Still small View Post
    What! Is that the best you can do? Can't you dispute any of the findings in the papers? Or can you only try and discredit the source? Surely, if the finding are so false or biased, you could easily rip it apart. Have a go at that rather than maligning persons of whom you have no idea. I'll be awaiting your critique of the data.

Have a good day!
    Still small
    No, it is the best you can do. The only place those "findings" can be published is in a sheltered workshop. You know that; I know that.
    They know that.

You also know that you are quite safe asking someone to refute a gish.
    That is the purpose of a gish.

But then, its all a smokescreen.

So when are you going to admit that you were wrong on both the 99% thing, and the claim of C14 only from living organisms?

You DID make those up.

Quote Originally Posted by John53 View Post
    Once you're making stuff up.
    What are you seeing that he made up? I noticed this one..

remember anything mising from a cell causes the cell to die3)
    (we loved the letter missing from "mising")

This appears to be the irreducible complexity argument, but of course as stated, it is made up and most obviously false. I bet he does not even know why.

What are you seeing that he made up? I noticed this one..

(we loved the letter missing from "mising")

This appears to be the irreducible complexity argument, but of course as stated, it is made up and most obviously false. I bet he does not even know why.
    He only missed a letter, I missed a word.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Quote Originally Posted by John53 View Post
    He only missed a letter, I missed a word.
    here is another good one-

You believe it took minerals- and magically somehow turned it organic,

coming from the one who does believe in magic!

And who may not know that complex organic molecules are found even on
    comets.

Probably does not actually know what an organic molecule is, less still about their synthesis.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast