Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 305

Thread: Why Jesus was NEVER Dead- says CHURCHianity

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,345
    Thanks
    342
    Thanked 162 Times in 143 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    " In the Lost Name of the Father, the Godman who Pretended to Die, and the Nameless Holy Ghost-God"..... Caymen
    The INSANITY of CHURCHianity! Unequaled in All Religion.

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,107
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theQuestion View Post
    Whoops- WHAT!
    Great prophecy you posted!
    Yes it is! When Jehovah comes with His angels in fire which devours:

    "...the heavens shall declare His righteousness: for God is Judge Himself. Selah." Ps.50:6

    Whoops!

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,107
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    Michael has more. And defeats Satan.

    I guess God plays second fiddle to you?

    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels going forth to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and his angels;
    8 and they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    Yeah:

    "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil...said, The Lord (that's Jehovah Who comes in flaming fire) rebuke thee." Jude 9

    Jesus has Michael in the palm of His hand:

    "...the Lord Jesus shall be revealed (as Jehovah with devouring fire) from heaven with His mighty angels (Michael is one) in flaming fire..." 2 Thes.1:7-8

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,580
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 137 Times in 122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    The spirit of Jesus Christ.
    Let's look at what Scripture says about the Spirit of Jesus.

    Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

    In this verse, the Spirit of God is synonymous with the Spirit of God.

    Notice that the Spirit of God dwelling in you is the same as having the Spirit of Christ.

    Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

    In this verse, the Spirit of our Lord, Jesus Christ, is given to all men of good faith.

    That is only possible because Jesus is God.

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,580
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 137 Times in 122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    How difficult is it to understand "ONLY" means "ONLY"? That "MY GOD AND YOUR GOD" means we have the SAME GOD?
    Well, you do seem to have trouble understanding that the Holy Trinity is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

    As compared to this nonsense: "ONLY" means: "Jesus IS God who IS NOT the Father (who IS the ONLY TRUE GOD" who IS NOT the Holy Spirit who IS God who IS NOT Jesus (who DIED) yet all co-eternal, consubstantial, all three separate yet ONE God?"
    Sooo, you're saying that the Father was mistaken when He said of His Son:

    Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

    I choose to believe God.

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,580
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 137 Times in 122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    I know. Millions know the truth.

    Yeah. Billions of trinitartians do.

    Funny thing is, narrow is the path and few find the way.

    Seems like I am in the correct group (millions of non-trinitarians vs. BILLIONS of trinitarians).
    You live according to very simplistic principles. Do you really think that the Doctrine of the Trinity will be the only criteria for salvation. In fact, it is possibly the minutest requirement.

    2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

    However, being an anti-Trinitarian and anti-Christian, you are at a grave disadvantage. One of the requirements for salvation is obedience to Christ:

    Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

    And you reject His sacrifice:

    Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

    There are billions of people who are right with you in rejecting Christ, disobeying Christ and rejecting His sacrifice. So, you have plenty of company.

    Just give up on the philosophies of men and accept the simple Truth that Jesus taught: "you [the Father] the Only True God"
    It is you who follow traditions of men. I follow the Wisdom of God as Taught by His Church.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    Yeah:
    "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil...said, The Lord (that's Jehovah Who comes in flaming fire) rebuke thee." Jude 9
    Well, of course he did. Satan was in charge back then, didn't you realize?

    John 14:
    30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
    31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

    Even as Jesus he had the same problem until after the resurrection:

    31 Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have you, that he might sift you as wheat:
    32 but I made supplication for thee, that thy faith fail not; and do thou, when once thou hast turned again, establish thy brethren.
    33 And he said unto him, Lord, with thee I am ready to go both to prison and to death.

    Not quite the "devouring fire", wouldn't you say?

    Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    Jesus has Michael in the palm of His hand:
    "...the Lord Jesus shall be revealed (as Jehovah with devouring fire) from heaven with His mighty angels (Michael is one) in flaming fire..." 2 Thes.1:7-8
    Michael is busy fighting the wars the crown prince should be, is what you're saying?

    Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels going forth to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and his angels;

    The most important war in creation, and God leaves it to a flunky?

    Yeah. Right.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Let's look at what Scripture says about the Spirit of Jesus.

    Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

    In this verse, the Spirit of God is synonymous with the Spirit of God.
    Just because you say so? You want to ignore that all this happens after the resurrection, when the Father has exalted the son to just a hint below Himself?

    3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
    4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

    Not was or always was. Simply : having become. In other words, was not always. So much for "consubstantial/co-eternal".

    And, did you notice that catch there? "He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high" having become . . .

    What does that tell you? HINT:

    Rev 5
    2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”
    3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it,
    4 and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it.

    Your #2 head of your totem pole WAS NOT WORTHY TO OPEN THE SCROLL!!!!!

    GOD WAS NOT WORTHY??!?!?!!??

    Lol.

    Rev 5:5 And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

    Now. Had all this taken place before the resurrection, you might have a case. As it is, you argue in circles, like a fly orbiting . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Notice that the Spirit of God dwelling in you is the same as having the Spirit of Christ.
    Not quite.

    John 14:23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

    (CEB) John 17:26 I’ve made your name known to them and will continue to make it known so that your love for me will be in them, and I myself will be in them.”

    The Father's love is what enables unity with His son. Not the other way around. Father is always supreme.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

    In this verse, the Spirit of our Lord, Jesus Christ, is given to all men of good faith.
    18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,
    19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,
    20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

    Not quite what I get out of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    That is only possible because Jesus is God.
    No. Just because:

    1 Corinthians 15:45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

    Again, it's that post-resurrection thingy you keep wanting to gloss over:

    4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Well, you do seem to have trouble understanding that the Holy Trinity is the ONLY TRUE GOD.
    I understand that concept fine. I just don't buy it after Jesus says:

    John 17:3 . . . you [the Father (not Holy Trinity, nor "us." Just the Father)] the Only True God. . .

    So, your words are in direct denial of Christ's.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Sooo, you're saying that the Father was mistaken when He said of His Son:

    Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    Nah. Just that your translation is smoke and mirrors made to support your totem pole.

    [NRSVCE]

    8 But of the Son he says,

    “Your throne, O God, is[c] forever and ever,
    and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your[d] kingdom.
    9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

    footnotes:

    c. Hebrews 1:8 Or God is your throne
    d. Hebrews 1:8 Other ancient authorities read his
    So, let's write the true version, shall we?

    8 But of the Son he says,

    God is your throne forever and ever,
    and the righteous scepter is the scepter of his kingdom.

    9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has anointed you
    with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    I choose to believe God.
    Nah, you don't

    Or else you Hail King Solomon! the 4th God of the Trinity:

    Psalm 45:

    You are the fairest of the sons of men. Grace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you forever. Gird your sword on your thigh, O mighty one, In your splendor and your majesty! And in your majesty ride forth victoriously, for the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness; Let your right hand teach you awesome things. Your arrows are sharp; the peoples fall under you. Your arrows are in the heart of the King's enemies. Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of joy above your fellows. All your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made you glad. Kings' daughters are among your noble ladies; at your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir. Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear: Forget your people and your father's house; Then the King will desire your beauty. Because he is your Lord, bow down to him. The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; the rich among the people will seek your favor. The King's daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is interwoven with gold. She will be led to the King in embroidered work; the virgins, her companions who follow her, will be brought to you. They will be led forth with gladness and rejoicing; they will enter into the King's palace. In place of your fathers will be your sons; you shall make them princes in all the earth. I will cause your name to be remembered in all generations; therefore the peoples will give you thanks forever and ever.

    And believe God is speaking to His God? God^2?

    Psalm 102
    24 “O my God,” I say, “take me not away
    in the midst of my days—
    you whose years endure
    throughout all generations!”
    25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.

    26 They will perish, but you will remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,
    27 but you are the same, and your years have no end.
    28 The children of your servants shall dwell secure;
    their offspring shall be established before you.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 154 Times in 137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    You live according to very simplistic principles.
    Micah 6:8 He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth Jehovah require of thee, but to do justly, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with thy God?

    Why complicate things with idol making?

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Do you really think that the Doctrine of the Trinity will be the only criteria for salvation. In fact, it is possibly the minutest requirement.
    Not in the least.

    I believe idolatry is a major cause of damnation. That was my problem with the trinity golden calf, which you are even now trying to play down, quite falsely, too, from your comments later on.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
    And idol-building is a major baddie.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    However, being an anti-Trinitarian and anti-Christian, you are at a grave disadvantage.
    Just anti-idolater.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    One of the requirements for salvation is obedience to Christ:
    Exactly!!

    John 4:23 "true worshipers will worship the Father"--Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)
    Luke 4:8 "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve"--Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)


    And for Jesus and his followers, who was that God?

    John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

    What did Jesus say about his God, the Father?

    John 17:3 "you [the Father] the Only True God"--Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

    Sounds like I am in compliance as a non-totem pole worshiping Christian.

    "Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped"

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    Yet, how can the middle head of your totem pole have required "being made perfect"?

    Easy. Needed 350 years to be carved into the perfect shape to fit smoothly in the totem pole idol.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    And you reject His sacrifice:

    Hebrews 10:
    25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    Not at all. Just following directions:

    1 Cor 1
    11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother or sister who is sexually immoral or greedy, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or robber. Do not even eat with such a one.
    12 For what have I to do with judging those outside? Is it not those who are inside that you are to judge?
    13 God will judge those outside. “Drive out the wicked person from among you.”

    So, you ought to worry about verse 26, there, idolatry being such a serious transgression.

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    There are billions of people who are right with you in rejecting Christ, disobeying Christ and rejecting His sacrifice. So, you have plenty of company.
    Yep. There are billions rejecting Christ and engaging in idolatry.

    But, I'm not one of them. I worship the God of Jesus, who Jesus told his followers to worship.

    John 4:23 "the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth"

    John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

    You don't.

    "Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped"

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    It is you who follow traditions of men. I follow the Wisdom of God as Taught by His Church.
    Review:

    John 17:3 "thee [the Father] the Only True God"
    Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

    We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds (ćons), Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father;
    Human tradition (4th Century CE)


    John 4:23 "the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth"
    Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)


    And in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the prophets.
    Human tradition (4th Century CE)

    Last edited by An Onymous Brother; 05-18-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •