Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snopes web site shut down after exposed by Trump WH as fake fact checkers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missy View Post
    Haha. As if the trump WH knows fact from fiction.
    Excellent point. And I am continually amazed how The Idiot's fanboys and fangirls don't see how they are being played.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    Chris, I am not here to do what you'd rather that I do.

I posted some time back that I was going to be more impartial and post articles "from a conservative perspective" now and then. You don't get to tell me which ones I should choose.

Besides, if there are referenced facts to support something, why or how would it be "against my POV"? What you've said here comes from a distinctly modern conservative/Tea Party paradigm. That something that is what it is, that truly happened, which has verifiable facts to support it, can be against someone's point of view, and therefore a target for someone trying to reject or disprove it.

And lastly, a dear church-going lady I know recently posted indignantly to facebook that the term "fake news" was something made up by the left to try to discredit any news "from a conservative perspective". In other word, the issue to her (and other modern conservatives I know, including you) isn't that it's not true, it's that it's "from a conservative perspective" and being rejected. So to my last point: if I looked for news "from a conservative perspective", meaning the stuff my conservative friends trust as the most current, relevant and truthful news and information like the forwarded hoax e mails they send around, but it had to have "referenced facts", how much do you think I'd find?

Go back and read threads on this very Politics and the Bible forum from before 2012, when there were more Tea Partying conservatives posting here. Read the threads by JIRAH, smoky, Ernest, solver, and few who I don't see on here anymore. The type of thing I've posted here is what Tea Partying forum members were consistently posting. Why does this stuff sound crazy coming from me, but it sounds right coming from another modern conservative?

No, I'll post what I decide is relevant, and if you'd rather I post something else, then scroll past, like I do with much of what you post.

Chris, I refrained from saying this when you complimented me a couple of months ago on sometimes being rational and instead just thanked you for saying so, but come on. You're a guy who believes a debunked conspiracy theory that a child sex ring involving many top government officials is being run out of a pizza restaurant.
    And you're part of a movement (and I'm not referring to real conservatism, but to modern, Tea Party-era conservatism) which gets most of its news and information from hoax e mails and fake news sites.
    You have quite a pair, lecturing me about what's honest.

Furthermore, please show me where I have attempted to debunk "legitimate stuff". Please explain how my posting this story about the shut down fake fact checker site Snopes.com debunks anything legitimate.

Please explain how or why you would consider the article I've posted here in this thread to be "the craziest stuff". This is exactly the kind of thing that many Tea Partying conservatives forward around to each other and believe. In fact, I heard about this article because a conservative friend of mine posted it to facebook. He got a few comments saying it's false, but he has left the post up. After all, it agrees with his POV, doesn't it?

Thanks for your comment on the topic of this thread.

As for the other topics you've brought up, why not start your own threads on them?
    Going to let you in on my purpose here. It's not actually to critique you or anyone else.

My sole goal is to try (and boy is it an uphill battle) to teach this generation (young and old) how to think - how to turn on those brains of theirs and use them independently.

They're terrible at it, and it's only getting worse.

In this particular case, I assessed that you were making a post for primarily entertainment value, however, most who read and agreed with it would see it as discrediting of real factual information which they should be looking into (if they knew how to think).

Therefore, I inserted a post that I believe will get the gears working in a few people's heads about just how accurate Snopes is, and whether maybe, just maybe, they should take enough of an interest in facts to investigate for themselves these things, and everything.

This is, of course, not something you've chosen to do concerning what I'll now call Pedogate, because the reality is Pizzagate has been successfully diffused by the MSM (you bought what they were selling hook, line and sinker - swallowed it whole, man).

Get where I'm coming from here: Do I know that tons of things going around about Pizzagate are fake news? Of course. Do I also know that James Alefantis and John Podesta are child molesters? Of course I do, because I have looked at the facts and they stand for themselves.

Is Comet Ping Pong a front for child sex trafficking? Nope. Never was.

Did James Alefantis let a lot of his private pedophile lifestyle out into the public for all to see on his Comet Ping Pong Instagram page? He sure did.

Was he at the birth of Maeve Luzzato, the same Maeve Luzzato who was delivered via 'uber' to an adult party for entertainment in the heated pool, a party which John Podesta was invited to? He sure was.

But you don't know any of those facts because you haven't bothered to look into them. Why? I don't know. You don't want to I suppose. But you are more than willing to discredit everything and call it 'debunked', even when children are involved.

You are more than willing, in this situation, to turn off your brain and forgo investigation entirely. Why? I don't know, but I would venture it's because such a thing being true would destroy your entire world paradigm, and your brain is going into defense mode to ensure that doesn't happen.

I guess that makes it not your fault? I don't really accept that excuse though.

Thanks

Yeah, we all need lessons in how to be good conspiricists. Especially from someone who doesn't vote.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfKC View Post
    Yeah, we all need lessons in how to be good conspiricists. Especially from someone who doesn't vote.
    Not even sure you realize what the word conspiracy means. If you think conspiracies don't exist, you're very naive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    Not even sure you realize what the word conspiracy means. If you think conspiracies don't exist, you're very naive.
    Yes, the world is sugar and spice...Nobody lies and everybody has good intentions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,240 Posts

A conspiracy is only a conspiracy while it is hidden from view.

If it is know about by those outside it, then it's a failed conspiracy.

And that's the joy of being a conspiracy theorist; you can concoct any conspiracy theory your imagination runs to because anyone who says it's not true is undoubtedly one of the conspirators.
    "True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it."Karl K. Popper

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen T-B For This Useful Post:

GhostOfKC (04-20-2017), Zathrus (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    Going to let you in on my purpose here. It's not actually to critique you or anyone else.

My sole goal is to try (and boy is it an uphill battle) to teach this generation (young and old) how to think - how to turn on those brains of theirs and use them independently.
    Clever guy, you!
    Establishing the law by receiving the righteousness which is by faith, without the deeds of the law!

2 Cor 3 "11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

Certified Chalcedon Compliant
    Officially approved in 451

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12