Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Snopes web site shut down after exposed by Trump WH as fake fact checkers!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    WI USA
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    1,845
    Thanked 846 Times in 701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Snopes web site shut down after exposed by Trump WH as fake fact checkers!

    Block buster news article! The Trump White House has exposed Snopes.com as a fake fact checker site, and the site has been shut down!
    After this morning’s revelation, Snopes is reportedly shutting down and printing retractions for nearly 1500 pieces of conservative news that was purposely flagged as fake to hide the truth from the American people.

    Let that sink in. One single website was able to build enough of a reputation that everything they print is taken as gospel. Liberals have certainly figured out how to use the media as a weapon. They tell the story and their own source confirms it. It’s like nothing we’ve ever seen before in America
    Who'd have thought? The stories about Obama invading Texas, confiscating Americans' firearms, and declaring martial law to postpone the 2016 election are all apparently true, as well as all the other news stories "from a conservative perspective" that we've heard about!

    It's a conservative dream come true! Finally! Vindication!
    Conservatives, how does it feel to be proven right after all, and to see the fake fact checkers eating their words??
    Last edited by Zathrus; 04-18-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    Establishing the law by receiving the righteousness which is by faith, without the deeds of the law!

    2 Cor 3 "11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

    Certified Chalcedon Compliant
    Officially approved in 451

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zathrus For This Useful Post:

    Celeste (04-18-2017), GhostOfKC (04-20-2017), Hammerhead (04-20-2017)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Posts
    14,581
    Thanks
    1,970
    Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,627 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Trump's obvious lies make it impossible to believe anything he says that might be true. His presidency is falling apart fast.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,867
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    Block buster news article! The Trump White House has exposed Snopes.com as a fake fact checker site, and the site has been shut down!


    Who'd have thought? The stories about Obama invading Texas, confiscating Americans' firearms, and declaring martial law to postpone the 2016 election are all apparently true, as well as all the other news stories "from a conservative perspective" that we've heard about!

    It's a conservative dream come true! Finally! Vindication!
    Conservatives, how does it feel to be proven right after all, and to see the fake fact checkers eating their words??
    What "truth" was being withheld from the American people ? Certainly a liberal leftist like yourself can answer that one,,,or can you ?................m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! To be burned at the last !" William Gurnell

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marrero, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,867
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post



    Here's wishing that you can serve your country by guiding a MOAB aimed at Hillary Clinton's " Lost candidacy ."...............m oh,,,let's celebrate............signed....gom
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! To be burned at the last !" William Gurnell

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sirius B
    Posts
    10,525
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    Haha. As if the trump WH knows fact from fiction.
    Won't you listen to reason .... Will you open your eyes

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    8,619
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 1,029 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    What "truth" was being withheld from the American people ? Certainly a liberal leftist like yourself can answer that one,,,or can you ?................m
    Hold on to your hat! . . .the truth about the uselessness of prescription drugs and the benefits of natural remedies.

    Is this an April Fool's joke?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    6,309
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 837 Times in 678 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    Block buster news article! The Trump White House has exposed Snopes.com as a fake fact checker site, and the site has been shut down!


    Who'd have thought? The stories about Obama invading Texas, confiscating Americans' firearms, and declaring martial law to postpone the 2016 election are all apparently true, as well as all the other news stories "from a conservative perspective" that we've heard about!

    It's a conservative dream come true! Finally! Vindication!
    Conservatives, how does it feel to be proven right after all, and to see the fake fact checkers eating their words??
    I'd rather you try and debunk articles which are against your POV that have referenced facts to support them.

    That's much more honest than finding the craziest stuff you can and using it as show-play to debunk the legitimate stuff along with it.

    For instance, please debunk that there was a cable sent by our intelligence to the Secretary of State which informed them that continuing the status quo policy in the Middle East would result in the creation of an Islamic State:

    The document shows that as early as 2012, U.S. intelligence predicted the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS), but instead of clearly delineating the group as an enemy, the report envisions the terror group as a U.S. strategic asset.
    https://levantreport.com/2015/05/19/...syrian-regime/
    Or that Lt. General Flynn was wrong when he stated:

    Hasan: You are basically saying that even in government at the time you knew these groups were around, you saw this analysis, and you were arguing against it, but who wasn’t listening?
    Flynn: I think the administration.
    Hasan: So the administration turned a blind eye to your analysis?
    Flynn: I don’t know that they turned a blind eye, I think it was a decision. I think it was a willful decision.
    Hasan: A willful decision to support an insurgency that had Salafists, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood?
    Flynn: It was a willful decision to do what they’re doing.
    Here is the general Snopes analysis of that situation:

    http://www.snopes.com/wikileaks-cofi...apons-to-isis/

    http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/11/obama-founded-isis/

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My analysis: Snopes is trash, but they have every right to frame things however they want. That's freedom.

    That said, why do you think Snopes did not mention the declassified documents that I was able to google in about 2 minutes?

    Do you think it was incompetence or a purposeful omission?

    The US former admin willfully took steps so that ISIS would come to be in order to use them to overthrow Syria. Technically speaking, that should be a crime of the highest order and they should all be prosecuted for making such a decision.

    Do you disagree?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Posts
    14,581
    Thanks
    1,970
    Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,627 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yes of course I disagree.

    The leaders of what would become ISIS were all kept in the same prison in Iraq, they had the expertise of the former military leaders kept there too, along with many Baathists. The Baathist party was not merely within Iraq but Syria too. Given this situation what else would those individuals come up with except some organization such as ISIS. This was long before Obama entered the white house. Answer me this, who was it that put them into such a situation? The answer to that question is the real cause of ISIS.

    Answer this one too; Who attempted and failed to negotiate a status of forces agreement with the Iraqis? Without such an agreement the US would never find keeping troops in some other country acceptable.

    The blame for removal of troops from Iraq is found right there in the lack of such an agreement.
    Trump's obvious lies make it impossible to believe anything he says that might be true. His presidency is falling apart fast.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    6,309
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 837 Times in 678 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Yes of course I disagree.

    The leaders of what would become ISIS were all kept in the same prison in Iraq, they had the expertise of the former military leaders kept there too, along with many Baathists. The Baathist party was not merely within Iraq but Syria too. Given this situation what else would those individuals come up with except some organization such as ISIS. This was long before Obama entered the white house. Answer me this, who was it that put them into such a situation? The answer to that question is the real cause of ISIS..
    And how far would those leaders get without arms, exactly? Nowhere.

    Hey I'm no fan of Bush either. Cheney is a horrible person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Answer this one too; Who attempted and failed to negotiate a status of forces agreement with the Iraqis? Without such an agreement the US would never find keeping troops in some other country acceptable.

    The blame for removal of troops from Iraq is found right there in the lack of such an agreement.
    Like I said, Bush is a war criminal too. That doesn't excuse Obama and Hillary from 'founding' ISIS by arming jihadists (albeit in a roundabout way, but the documents show they knew where those weapons would end up) who they also knew would get together and try to form a terrorist state which they planned to use against Syria.

    The Bush admin should be investigated and prosecuted for its ties to Saudi Arabia and therefore to the events on 9/11.

    And the Clinton admin before that should be investigated and prosecuted for selling nuclear technology to the Chinese.

    But that's only if we're not playing the 'Globalist Game', which of course they all were.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    WI USA
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanks
    1,845
    Thanked 846 Times in 701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    I'd rather you try and debunk articles which are against your POV that have referenced facts to support them.
    Chris, I am not here to do what you'd rather that I do.

    I posted some time back that I was going to be more impartial and post articles "from a conservative perspective" now and then. You don't get to tell me which ones I should choose.

    Besides, if there are referenced facts to support something, why or how would it be "against my POV"? What you've said here comes from a distinctly modern conservative/Tea Party paradigm. That something that is what it is, that truly happened, which has verifiable facts to support it, can be against someone's point of view, and therefore a target for someone trying to reject or disprove it.

    And lastly, a dear church-going lady I know recently posted indignantly to facebook that the term "fake news" was something made up by the left to try to discredit any news "from a conservative perspective". In other word, the issue to her (and other modern conservatives I know, including you) isn't that it's not true, it's that it's "from a conservative perspective" and being rejected. So to my last point: if I looked for news "from a conservative perspective", meaning the stuff my conservative friends trust as the most current, relevant and truthful news and information like the forwarded hoax e mails they send around, but it had to have "referenced facts", how much do you think I'd find?

    Go back and read threads on this very Politics and the Bible forum from before 2012, when there were more Tea Partying conservatives posting here. Read the threads by JIRAH, smoky, Ernest, solver, and few who I don't see on here anymore. The type of thing I've posted here is what Tea Partying forum members were consistently posting. Why does this stuff sound crazy coming from me, but it sounds right coming from another modern conservative?

    No, I'll post what I decide is relevant, and if you'd rather I post something else, then scroll past, like I do with much of what you post.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    That's much more honest than finding the craziest stuff you can and using it as show-play to debunk the legitimate stuff along with it.
    Chris, I refrained from saying this when you complimented me a couple of months ago on sometimes being rational and instead just thanked you for saying so, but come on. You're a guy who believes a debunked conspiracy theory that a child sex ring involving many top government officials is being run out of a pizza restaurant.
    And you're part of a movement (and I'm not referring to real conservatism, but to modern, Tea Party-era conservatism) which gets most of its news and information from hoax e mails and fake news sites.
    You have quite a pair, lecturing me about what's honest.

    Furthermore, please show me where I have attempted to debunk "legitimate stuff". Please explain how my posting this story about the shut down fake fact checker site Snopes.com debunks anything legitimate.

    Please explain how or why you would consider the article I've posted here in this thread to be "the craziest stuff". This is exactly the kind of thing that many Tea Partying conservatives forward around to each other and believe. In fact, I heard about this article because a conservative friend of mine posted it to facebook. He got a few comments saying it's false, but he has left the post up. After all, it agrees with his POV, doesn't it?


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    My analysis: Snopes is trash, but they have every right to frame things however they want.
    Thanks for your comment on the topic of this thread.

    As for the other topics you've brought up, why not start your own threads on them?
    Last edited by Zathrus; 04-20-2017 at 04:48 AM.
    Establishing the law by receiving the righteousness which is by faith, without the deeds of the law!

    2 Cor 3 "11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

    Certified Chalcedon Compliant
    Officially approved in 451

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •