Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Threads I've seen lately are from an atheist.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,002 Times in 3,905 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    If you understood it you would not need to ask me. Your speech betrays you.
    I asked you to explain it because you claimed I didn't. So, if you were unwilling to discuss it; then perhaps it would have been best to say nothing, because that's what you have done. Yet, you managed to slip in a bit of an insult while you did so. I hope you'll notice that I haven't insulted you, so maybe reconsider who's speech is betraying?
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

Thanks
    Thanked 5,586 Times in 4,672 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    However, that commandment to show love, grace, help to our neighbor is next to the great commandment to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. It is not my place to go into the ring with an atheist nor anyone else about God. It is not my place to do what only the Holy Spirit can do.

It is my responsibility to live my conviction to the best of my ability and not to sit in the seat of judgment on another person's soul.
    If one loves others as we are commanded to do, then one cares enough to "go into the ring with an atheist lost and destined for hell." If one loves God, one "goes into the ring" as we are his messengers. If we neglect to "go into the ring" then we do not love God or man much but more ourselves and our comfort and safety. The ring is a place where one gets hurt and even winners can get wounded in the fight. Those who love God are motivated to "go into the ring" for Him. Those who don't, don't.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    No, that's not what it means. Ooops. Pardon me. I should say, no, I don't think your interpretation is correct. I believe you have misjudged the words of Jesus.
    No, it's really about Jesus giving people time to repent and follow Him before judgment day.

What he was saying is that burning, torturing, and killing people is not in his nature.....or the nature of the ONe True God. BTW. You do know that the passage you just quoted isn't actually Jesus speaking about himself....right?
    No, it's actually about the King commanding those who refused to repent and follow Him to be killed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wait.....you just got done trying to offer that Jesus is giving people some time until he decides to kill them all. Ironically, avoiding his teaching about loving one's enemies in the process.
    This is double talk.

I guess I have a hard time figuring out how loving one's enemies means torturing and killing them.
    Then learn the difference between now and later.

It would be interesting to find out what you actually think evil really means.
    Despising the Word of God. That's evil.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    Then I must be doing something right.
    If it is your intention to persuade those who don't share your belief in God that your opinions and judgments deserve no respect, then you surely are.
    Never underestimate the power of unreason to overwhelm reason

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    If it is your intention to persuade those who don't share your belief in God that your opinions and judgments deserve no respect, then you surely are.
    Stephen,
    I'm perfectly fine with people who exalt themselves and ignore God.
    It has all been told and is simply conformation to me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I asked you to explain it because you claimed I didn't. So, if you were unwilling to discuss it; then perhaps it would have been best to say nothing, because that's what you have done. Yet, you managed to slip in a bit of an insult while you did so. I hope you'll notice that I haven't insulted you, so maybe reconsider who's speech is betraying?
    You ask me to explain something God wrote a book to explain? You are entertainment for me and I enjoy challenging you. Lighten up.
    Sincerely, JimD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JimD For This Useful Post:

Philip (04-20-2017)

Thanks

Stephen,
    I'm perfectly fine with people who exalt themselves and ignore God.
    So do you exalt yourself by not believing in Vishnu?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    So do you exalt yourself by not believing in Vishnu?
    No Stephen. I exalt Jesus by not putting my faith in others. I'm happy with my decision to follow Jesus and I'm happy with your decision not to. Honestly, I'm glad for it.

Thanks

No Stephen. I exalt Jesus by not putting my faith in others. I'm happy with my decision to follow Jesus and I'm happy with your decision not to. Honestly, I'm glad for it.
    Am I glad for you?

As it brings you comfort, yes. (I have no reason to wish you dis-comfort).

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast