Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Threads I've seen lately are from an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    Satan quoted scripture. Anyone can repeat something from the Bible misleading others.
    As anyone can pull one sentence from a post and give an out of context meaningless reply that is nothing more than a thinly veiled personal attack on Roger. If Satan were real and participated on the forum perhaps he would employ similar tactics but as he's not and doesn't I'll chalk it up to human behaviour.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    There's a God in the Bible, right?

God and gods are mentioned in many other forms of literature, right?

There's a God in your (and every believer's) head, right?

God (and gods) can be seen in pictures and sculptures, right?

An atheist does not deny any of these things.

An atheist is an atheist because of the complete lack of evidence that any god - including yours - exists anywhere else.

Right?
    Certainly you deny all of those things.
    If that's what you think, then no doubt you'd tell me black is white and white is black.

I respect neither your opinions nor your judgment.
    "True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it."Karl K. Popper

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Rogerh
    Because I haven't read Harry Potter but I have read the bible, and it's evil.
    Now Jesus is evil. That's not true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John53 View Post
    As anyone can pull one sentence from a post and give an out of context meaningless reply that is nothing more than a thinly veiled personal attack on Roger. If Satan were real and participated on the forum perhaps he would employ similar tactics but as he's not and doesn't I'll chalk it up to human behaviour.
    Roger has admitted reading the Bible and it is only evil to him. Roger has proven his bias.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Stephen TB
    I respect neither your opinions nor your judgment.
    Then I must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I cannot speak about religious people. I can only address the Christains. First, the evidence we have for God, for those who walk with Him, is outside of the Bible. And we have it in spades. So I had to chuckle at your assumption that we have none. I have lots and lots and sometimes every day.

Second, it is actually the atheist who is in the weak position which explains why they call us liars at every turn instead of offering evidence. We offer our evidence and the response is quite emotional as though they have a lot at stake. Some wonder what so many atheists are here if God is of no consequence. Why do they bother to post so much? Why are they so abusive and defensive? The answer is because they stand on no ground and are trying to defend something of very great consequence...the world view and assurance that they will never face judgement for the deeds done in the body.

In the end which is worse, believing Someone is not there and they are, or believing Someone is there and they are not? If Christians are wrong, then they went through their lives with false hope loving others as they love themselves. If an atheist is wrong, he never enjoyed our hope and faces grave consequences for being wrong.

The atheist loses something that is real and of greatest value if he is wrong and the Christian loses something that was fake if wrong. What is more, the Christian will not know he was wrong. They atheist will know it and regret it bitterly. Which is the greater risk?
    Why are there grave consequences for believing someone is not there, when they are there?

And what are the grave consequences you are referring to?

Blog Entries

It means you still have time until Jesus says:

"...those Mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither and slay*them*before Me." Lk.19:27
    No, that's not what it means. Ooops. Pardon me. I should say, no, I don't think your interpretation is correct. I believe you have misjudged the words of Jesus.

What he was saying is that burning, torturing, and killing people is not in his nature.....or the nature of the ONe True God. BTW. You do know that the passage you just quoted isn't actually Jesus speaking about himself....right?
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Blog Entries

Now Jesus is evil. That's not true.
    Wait.....you just got done trying to offer that Jesus is giving people some time until he decides to kill them all. Ironically, avoiding his teaching about loving one's enemies in the process. I guess I have a hard time figuring out how loving one's enemies means torturing and killing them.

It would be interesting to find out what you actually think evil really means.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Roger has admitted reading the Bible and it is only evil to him. Roger has proven his bias.
    Once again nothing to do with what I posted /shrug

But I'll try to address yours... opinion is not bias, it's opinion. Bias would be having an opinion before reading the bible. I can't speak for Roger but many years ago I read the bible looking for God and came away with the knowledge that the God of the bible is nothing more than a man made idea.
    And the officer said, "better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    If you don't consider yourself qualified to explain it, how is it that you consider yourself qualified to claim that I don't understand it?
    If you understood it you would not need to ask me. Your speech betrays you.
    Sincerely, JimD

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast