Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Threads I've seen lately are from an atheist.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

Default The Best Threads I've seen lately are from an atheist.

So far the most interesting, qualitative, meaningful posts within the last couple of weeks on this site have been started by an atheist. The site is called Bible Discussion but shows much of a lacking within some of the Christians posting here. While I do not agree with anything an atheist says in regards to God, the Bible, I will acknowledge that the atheists on this site show much more common courtesy, acceptance of differences than we Christians sometimes do.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmldn2 For This Useful Post:

Rogerh (04-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 3,916 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you kidding me? The Christians on this site pretty much hate each other. Same goes for the world. Ever see a Baptist grab hold of a Catholic and declare, love you brother? Nope. But they'll sure consign the Catholics to a burning firey hell for eternity.....ironically sent there by the same "God" they believe in.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (04-17-2017)

Thanks

No I'm not kidding. The behavior against one Christian against another (not from all Christians posting here) is repugnant to me. It's as well a terrible way to share the love of God and to show love for a neighbor.

My tolerance for "doctrines" has declined severely. I put my trust in my Creator and not some "doctrine" spouted off by someone who is not exhibiting that same love required of us.

I have to say as well that I believe in forgiveness but I will not be a doormat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmldn2 For This Useful Post:

Philip (04-17-2017)

Thanks

Best one I've read since I've been here today was started by you jm!!!!!
    Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hammerhead For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (04-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 3,916 Posts
    Blog Entries

First of all, atheists may generally be better people than believers. They certainly are no worse. Secondly, has it occurred to you or anyone for that matter - that atheists here are most generally former believers?

Many times I find atheists knowing the bible better than believers do....and they are certainly not as hung up on certain issues. Additionally, I find that atheists tend to be much more rational in their thought processes and more logically expressive.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

Rogerh (04-17-2017), Zathrus (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    First of all, atheists may generally be better people than believers. They certainly are no worse. Secondly, has it occurred to you or anyone for that matter - that atheists here are most generally former believers?
    Many times I find atheists knowing the bible better than believers do....and they are certainly not as hung up on certain issues. Additionally, I find that atheists tend to be much more rational in their thought processes and more logically expressive.

I have absolutely nothing against atheists. I disagree with their not believing in God. Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, they are people just like you and me Philip. The only reason to call them atheists is because they call themselves that.

As for being better people than believers, I do not categorize (if I can help it) people based on belief vs unbelief. To me a person's "character" speaks through their words, how they treat others much more than what they believe or don't.

I'm just so disappointed in how that love we Christians are suppose to have and to show to others is absent from many Christians' posts.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jmldn2 For This Useful Post:

Philip (04-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post

I'm just so disappointed in how that love we Christians are suppose to have and to show to others is absent from many Christians' posts.
    Maybe too many aren't willing to turn the other cheek (be a doormat.) I am unwilling for God to be anyone's doormat.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 965 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Maybe too many aren't willing to turn the other cheek (be a doormat.) I am unwilling for God to be anyone's doormat.
    So do you think god needs your help?

Roger
    It is not God that kills the children, not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
    It's us. Only us. - Rorschach

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogerh For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (04-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
    So do you think god needs your help?

Roger
    That is not the reason I defend His character. It is because of a love of truth and a love for Him.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    So far the most interesting, qualitative, meaningful posts within the last couple of weeks on this site have been started by an atheist. The site is called Bible Discussion but shows much of a lacking within some of the Christians posting here. While I do not agree with anything an atheist says in regards to God, the Bible, I will acknowledge that the atheists on this site show much more common courtesy, acceptance of differences than we Christians sometimes do.
    You're a Christian?
    That IS good news.
    Perhaps now you will quit denying the fact that the power of God in the life of a believer IS capable of keeping us from sinning.
    Welcome to freedom!
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast