Thread: Scott Pruitt demanding 24/7 protection from his own employees

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,627 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Scott Pruitt demanding 24/7 protection from his own employees

The administrator of the US Environmental Protection Agency, historically, has had some measure of government-funded personal security detail. Agents routinely picked Gina McCarthy from the airport, for example, or accompanied her on site visits during her time as EPA administrator from July 2013 to Jan 2017. But Scott Pruitt, the new EPA chief, wishes to be guarded 24/7.

While the draft budget for the EPA obtained by the Washington Post this month shows massive cuts to environment, health, and climate change programs—including the elimination of a program to prevent childhood exposure to lead paint—it also includes a request to hire 10 additional security guards to create an around-the-clock personal security detail for Pruitt, the New York Times reports.

The Times calls it a first for an EPA chief, and notes that the 10 additional agents would more than double the agency’s current security staff, which has hovered between six and eight agents in recent years. Similarly, security detail for education secretary Betsy DeVos has reached unprecedented levels: Typically, the secretary of education is guarded by about six agents from within the Department of Education. Since her contentious confirmation, DeVos has been under the protection of the US Marshals Service, costing $8 million over eight months.

What security menace is Pruitt guarding against? According to Myron Ebell, who led Trump’s EPA transition team but is no longer employed by the administration, Pruitt is at risk from his own employees—and “the left.

“I think it’s prudent given the continuing activities by the left to foment hatred, and the reported hostility within the agency from some unprofessional activists,” Ebell told E&E News.

EPA staff have reportedly been anticipating the security bulk-up for some time. In an email obtained by E&ENews, EPA’s criminal enforcement office chief emailed staff shortly before Pruitt’s mid-February confirmation to warn them of the change: “Based on conversations with the transition team, we anticipate that Mr. Pruitt will initially request a 24/7 detail.”
    http://www.govexec.com/management/20...34/?oref=river
    Trump's obvious lies make it impossible to believe anything he says that might be true. His presidency is falling apart fast.

Thanks

You missed out the part where it says.."the Left"....who have gotten particularly noisy and violent in recent years.

I'm sure you'd cheer if Devos or Pruitt were physically attacked though, right?

Reminder that Devos was blocked by protestors (including teachers) outside a DC public school she went to visit...

If you watch social media, you'll see lots of Leftists calling for violence....and many Leftists have gotten violent....see the efforts of radical leftists to shut-down free speech by conservative speakers at a number of U.S. colleges....

I don't blame any of them...I think the Democrats are looking to start the Second American Civil War...
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If they had not proposed some dangerous and ridiculous policies and attempted to turn back the clock on may others then they would not need this protection. Each of them has thousands of dedicated and well educated employees who have spent their lives to bring about scientific evidence for their cause and Pruitt for instance has dogmatically and with out consideration wiped that effort out for political reasons. In Pruitt's case has taken huge amounts of money from the very corporations which stand to gain from denial of climate change. His stand is not on the science of it but based upon kickbacks into his own pockets. Frankly if I were him I would also want protection.
    Trump's obvious lies make it impossible to believe anything he says that might be true. His presidency is falling apart fast.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Celeste For This Useful Post:

GhostOfKC (04-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    If they had not proposed some dangerous and ridiculous policies and attempted to turn back the clock on may others then they would not need this protection.
    In other words..."she was asking for it"? I get that the Left is trying to use violent threats to warn those that would challenge the Left's "gains" in progressive policy...I don't think it's good or will end well, but I understand that the Left has to do this since they can't seem to win elections....
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So Pondering just cant make any connection between the erasure of years of work by those employees and their desire for revenge? Pruitt had attacked their work while he was AG for Oklahoma, was not a scientist, did not have any personal understanding of environmental processes. And was now going to do the rest of the country what he had done to Oklahoma.

In a sense if I was Scott Pruitt I guess I would also want protection from my employees. But then I would kill myself out of shame too.

Thanks

Then they should resign, not rebel internally or threaten violence.

But the Left loves technocrats and hate actual democracy (they only like voting when they're people win....otherwise it's "rigged/mysogeny/money in politics/racist/homophobic".....