Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immigration at new low, without new wall.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Well the border patrol has been finding less and less border crossers lately. That is why the detention facilities are nearly empty now.
    There were fewer border crossers all through Obama's term.
    During Obama's term as president, there were more deportations of people in the US illegally than in Bush's term, and there were fewer illegal Mexicans in teh US overall than there were in Bush's term.

Anyone crediting Donald Trump's presidency with a decrease in border crossings is seeing only what they want to see.

What Celeste points out makes sense. Immigrants come here to find work (not to live on welfare as Tea Partiers claim). If there are few jobs, there is less incentive to come here. In 2012 when Mitt Romney was speaking of "self deportation" I wondered if he planned another Bush-style Wall St recession, with job losses in the millions, and bailouts to the wealthy elites (then known as "fat cats").
    That would help with the illegal immigration problem.
    Establishing the law by receiving the righteousness which is by faith, without the deeds of the law!

2 Cor 3 "11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

Certified Chalcedon Compliant
    Officially approved in 451

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
    There were fewer border crossers all through Obama's term.
    Objectively false. While policies regarding deportation of Mexicans increased, the rest of central America had large increases.

in short, Obama cooked the books to make it appear more were deported while at the same time encouraging more to come/settle...
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Thanks

What is your issue with legal immigration? Which way do you want to see them go?
    That's an odd and incorrect assumption.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    That's an odd and incorrect assumption.
    Should I need to point out that if I am asking a question, I am not making an assumption?
    Establishing the law by receiving the righteousness which is by faith, without the deeds of the law!

2 Cor 3 "11For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering View Post
    Objectively false. While policies regarding deportation of Mexicans increased, the rest of central America had large increases.

in short, Obama cooked the books to make it appear more were deported while at the same time encouraging more to come/settle...
    I see. The right has their own alternative facts. When real facts do not fit their narrative, accuse those reporting them of making them up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zathrus For This Useful Post:

Celeste (04-16-2017)

Thanks

From my post link:

The number of people deported at or near the [U.S.-Mexico] border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency’s deportation statistics.
    Alternative facts indeed.
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Amazing how a little enforcement of the law cleans up so much law-breaking of illegal entry. . .
    You get it right every now and then!
    Actually, this shows how easily previous admins could have done something with a few words.

And how obviously they didnt want to change anything.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taikoo For This Useful Post:

ChrisHill (04-17-2017), Pondering (04-18-2017)

Thanks

Should I need to point out that if I am asking a question, I am not making an assumption?
    Wrong.

"What is your issue with legal immigration? Which way do you want to see them go?"

Assumption: I have an issue with legal immigration.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoo View Post
    You get it right every now and then!

Actually, this shows how easily previous admins could have done something with a few words.

And how obviously they didnt want to change anything.
    Someone identifying motive?! Pretty rare in this neck of the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12