Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is Truth ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson!

When you capitalize the word as, Truth, or TRUTH, it comes across to me as a name someone(s) might call themself(ves).

So maybe the thread can be about names, instead... The meaning of the word truth seems very universally known (even if all truths are not universally known).

I keep thinking of Italy when you mention Idumea.

There is a special Italian last name to me, that I just can't get out of my head lately: Falbo.

I came across this Urban Dictiovary post about the name Falbo.

"The last name of a superior family. Being a Falbo means you are almost something like a super human, hybrid if you will. For generations this family has proven itself to be indestructible and feared by others.
    That family is so amazing, they could almost be Falbos."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Falbo

I don't know. Maybe a random reply to your post, but gave my 2 cents...
    According to the Book of Jasher, Zophar (Zepho) King of Minaeans - one of Job's friends, was the founder of Italy
    He is the the first from right on this image
    Last edited by Sagittarius; 04-12-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    "Truth has no expiry date. Lies do." ~ A.D. Williams

"Error in history leads to the error in doctrine."

Thanks

Would you say the bible withholds truths?

Or would you say the bible hides or obfuscates truths?
    It is not the Bible, it's the people - the Sons of Darkness, who obfuscates and twist the Bible, so the Children of Light will lose faith in the Holy Spirit - God the Highest - and perished.
    Last edited by Sagittarius; 04-12-2017 at 09:58 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sagittarius For This Useful Post:

Hammerhead (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Let's learn some more about Minoans / Minaeans, and their religion - NAZARA

"The Palace of Knossos is famous for its depictions of white women and red men. The scenes depict processions, the men dressed in skirts. But the most remarkable aspect of these scenes is that they are identical with scenes – and equally old – found in Egyptian temples. They speak of an island, identified in Egyptian sources as “Keftiu” – Crete.

For a very long period, it was felt that the Minoan and Egyptian civilisations evolved independent from one another, a thesis still adhered to by some historians. But these discoveries contradicted this assumption. It revealed that in the 18th Dynasty (ca. 1600-1500 BC), when Crete reached its apogee, there was an intense exchange between the two civilisations.

Some archaeologists have interpreted the processions as nothing more than “state visits” and exchange of gifts, i.e. forms of diplomacy, between Crete and Egypt, thus trying to keep the status of an independent Crete intact. But there is evidence that does not support this conclusion. The scenes were depicted in Egyptian graves and the processions were clearly linked with the dead. This makes Crete directly linked with the Egyptian dead.

It was such evidence that led Wunderlich to revisit Spengler’s opinion. He came to the conclusion that the palaces were not built for a living king… but for a dead one; that sections of the palace were clearly designed to allow for the storage of the remains of the dead. And Wunderlich argued that this was the main reason behind the close alliance between Crete and Egypt, going as far as to suggest that the practice of mummification in Egypt was performed by Cretans – and that the mummification itself might have occurred in Crete."

http://www.destinationcrete.gr/en/im...noan_680_1.jpg

http://www.philipcoppens.com/crete_dead.html
    Last edited by Sagittarius; 04-12-2017 at 09:34 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sagittarius For This Useful Post:

Hammerhead (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillett View Post
    I you think that is some sort of reprimand, think again.

You are limiting the meaning of Truth. And spiritualising it to the nth degree. There is more to truth than belief in God.

Richard Gillett
    No reprimand intended. I was simply stating the fact that there will be those who will have thought they knew the truth, but instead the truth will never have known them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    It is not the Bible, it's the people - the Sons of Darkness, who obfuscates and twist the Bible, so the Children of Light will lose faith in the Holy Spirit - God the Highest - and perished.
    Well I think a lot of the bible tales make for good riddle books.

And maybe lots of bible tales still hold some sway with popular culture.

I generally take the view that darkness and light are in a marriage.

Do you have this view or something similar?

Thanks

Jesus speaking to his Father...John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Thanks

Well I think a lot of the bible tales make for good riddle books.

And maybe lots of bible tales still hold some sway with popular culture.

I generally take the view that darkness and light are in a marriage.

Do you have this view or something similar?
    Indeed, the Bible is a book - or books, with a hidden Truth.

We have to search for this Truth, find it, and worship It. If this TRUTH is NAZARA - religion of Christ (with Babtism ceremony - sacrament of admissions and adoption - never practiced by Jews), we just have to separate it from Judaism - religion of those who crucified Him in the name of their religion.

NAZARA was the religion of Minaeans, let's look first who were the Minaeans from historical point of view - let's learn more about the free - Edom.

Sofar and Minoans

Some more info about Zepho - one of Job's friends, from The Six Days of Creation www.christianhospitality.org

"As Gaza was anciently named “Minoa,” from Minos, the eponymus of the Minoans and Minaeans, and also “Ione,” from Io the female eponymus of the Ionians, the Minoans of Gaza were both Minaeans and Ionitai (citizens of Ione), and could be represented by the eponymi Maon and Ioniton. (See §101.13 on Gaza, Io[n], Ioniton etc. On Minaeans = Hivites, and Minaeans = Minoans, see §140.2ff.)

The traditional connection of the Minoans with the Minaeans of Gaza, and consequently with the Minaeans/Hivites of Mount Seir, explains how Zepho or Zephi, son of Eliphaz, son of Esau of Edom/Seir, came to be treated as the founder of Rome in medieval Rabbinic tradition (first in the 10th century chronicle Yosippon).

Zepho is called in Genesis 36 LXX “Sophar,” and “Al-Asfar” (the “Yellow One,” that is, the “light-skinned” European) in Arabic sources. His fellow Edomites ousted and intermingled with the Hivites/Horites (Minaeans) of Mount Seir (Genesis 36 passim, Deut. 2. 12, cf. Job. 42. 17 LXX, which describes Job himself as an Edomite, and Job’s comforter, Zophar, as a Minaean king):

having supplanted and absorbed the Minaeans, Zepho and his clan acquired the title “Janus” (Janus = Ionitus = Minoan = Minaean, §101.13, also Maon = Min = Amun/Agathodaimon = Janus); and appropriated the mythology of the Roman Hercules (the slaying of a Cacus-like monster), or otherwise, of Mars (= Aram. Meadim, root meaning “red”), which was the tutelary planet of “red” Edom (from the same root, see also infra on the immortalized Ionitus = the Arabic Al Khidr, and §279 note on Al Khidr = Hercules);

further, as a Semitic Edomite, Zepho was identified with the planet-god Saturnus (Semite = descendant of Shem = Kronos = Saturnus, see §101.11).

An inscription was unearthed in Palermo in Sicily in the medieval period, written in Kufic (early Arabic) script, and dating from the 10th century: it was understood, some say, misunderstood, to describe Zepho (“Sepha son of Eliphaz”) as master of two towers at that location also. (Ransano, Delle Origini e Vicende di Palermo [15th century], ed. Palermo, 1864, p. 62ff.)

The arrival of Zepho in Sicily and Italy in these medieval traditions represents historically the arrival of “Minaeans,” or “Minoans,” in Sicily and Italy (as per Herodotus VII. 170), and of the “Hellenian” or “Sabian” (Babylonian) star-cult associated with them.

The traditional chronology dated Zepho’s arrival to the era immediately following the death of the patriarch Joseph, that is, to c. 1700 BC (Biblical chronology), which is precisely the time Minoan civilization began to spread around the coastlands of the Mediterranean.

The anomalous synchronism of Zepho with Hercules’ son Latinus and with Aeneas in the same Rabbinic tradition is due to his identification with Hercules, whose grand-daughter by Latinus, Lavinia (called “Iania” in Yosippon, viz. the female “Janus/Javan”), was wedded to Aeneas.

Between these two incarnations of Zepho, that is, between “Janus-Saturnus” c. 1700 BC and “Hercules” in the 13th century BC, fell the reign of the “long-lived” Picus-Zeus of Peri Theon (Michael of Syria and Vardan, §101.18), that is, of multiple incarnations of the Cretan Zeus in the persons of successive Italian kings.

Alternately each king was Picus-Zeus (Jupiter), his predecessor was Saturnus (Saturn), and his successor was Hercules (Mars), see §101.21.

Zepho’s name Janus is said to have been acquired from the monster so called, half man, half beast, which Zepho slew, that is, in one aspect, from the “bestial” Hivites (= Maon = Ioniton = Janus), ousted (“slain”) by the Edomites (the Semites/Saturnus) of Zepho’s line in Mount Seir, and in another, from the Javanites (Javan = Yunan = Janus), ousted by Zepho (Saturnus) in Italy.

Hence Arabic tradition explained Zepho’s name Al-Asfar, the “Yellow One,” as a reference to the skin-color of the Italian kings which they had inherited from their ancient ancestor, the mulatto offspring of a native Italian queen and an “Abyssinian” (= Hamite, Minaean, Hivite) slave of a “Yemenite” (= Edomite) migrant to Italy, that is, from the merging of Edomite, or Minoan/Minaean, immigrants with native Javanite Kittim.

The name Yunan (Ioniton, Ionitus etc.), means “Javanites, Ionians, Greeks.” It was used by the Arabs to denote the Hellenic (Greek-speaking) pagans of Harran, called Sabians, whose religion, a survival of ancient Babylonian star-worship, was believed to be the same as that of the Sabians (Subba) or Mandaeans of southern Iraq. These people were also termed by the Arabs “Nabataeans,” — a later name for the Biblical Kenites, according to the Rabbis (Jastrow, Talmudic Dictionary, s.v. Navṭayya), that is, the Midianites of the family of Jethro.

Hence the Midianites are said to have descended from Ionitus. (Michael of Syria, Chronicle, ed. trans. Langlois, 1868, p. 28 [“Maniton,” sic for Ioniton].)

In Judges 10. 12 LXX the eponymus Midian stands for the Heb. eponymus Maon (Maon = Minaeans).

The Minaeans/Hivites occupied, amongst other territories in Canaan and beyond, the land later known as Midian, and consequently the two gentilics became synonymous. Midian’s son Epher, traditionally the eponymus of the Africans, and father of Aphrodite (“She who was born of Aphros,” Cleodemus Malchus apud Polyhistor in Eusebius, PE. IX. xx. 4, Josephus, Ant. I. 241 [= I. xv. 1]), came to be treated as a successor of Zepho (= Maon = Midian, Arabic translation of Yosippon: “Africus” following Zepho, if it is not a misreading of the Hebrew original), or, alternatively, as a son of Kronos (= Saturnus = Zepho = Maon = Midian), or as identical with the seminal Aphros (“foam”), i.e. the son, of Ouranos (= Noah = Janus = Zepho = Maon = Midian).

In Cleodemus Malchus, Epher’s daughter, Aphrodite, marries Herakles, and the sons of Midian participate in Herakles’ Libyan campaign against Antaios, a Cacus-like giant, the son of Earth, and appointee of Osiris, who slays strangers indiscriminately, analogous to “Busiris” (Osiris) in Egypt. Here Herakles = Baal Melqart (Canaan), versus Mot (Egypt/Libya).

The association of Midianites (= Maon = Minaeans) with Herakles in Cleodemus Malchus, is reminiscent of Yosippon’s story of Zepho, the slayer of the Cacus-like monster Janus.

The same stream of tradition, identifying Minoans, Minyans, and Minaeans with Edomites (that is, Hivites/Minaeans, through Aholibamah, the Hivite wife of Esau, uncle of Judah, and son of Isaac, son of Abraham) and Midianites (descended from Midian = Maon, son of Keturah and Abraham)
    , in combination with the native Hellenic tradition that the Idaean Daktuloi of Minoan Crete were the same as the Korubantes (schol. on Aratus Phaen. l. 33, ed. Buhle, vol. 1, 1793, p. 20, Nonnus, Dionysiaca, ed. Köchly, XIV. 17ff.), otherwise the (Levantine and Minyan) Dioskouroi (§378, §384), from whom the Spartans claimed descent, explains why the Spartans and Jews were “brethren,” able equally to document their descent from Abraham (I Macc. XII. 20f.), and why Judaea was held to be so named from “Ioudaios Sparton,” — the name a fusion of the eponymi of the Jews and Spartans, — who was a member of the Theban (Spartan) army of Dionysus (Claudius Iolaus, apud Stephanus Byz. s.n. Ioudaia); it also explains why the Jews (Iudaei) were supposed to be the same as the Cretan (i.e. Minaean) Idaeans (Idaei) expelled westwards from Crete into Libya, with their chief Saturnus, at the time he was deposed by Jupiter (cf. Zepho = Saturnus), alternatively, the same as the Solumoi (i.e. Minaei, Nethinim, Hivites) of Homer (Tacitus, Hist. V. 2, 4, cf. §140.2, and §237).

An African scene depicting Minoan ships (Santorini Fresco - 17 BC)

As Ionitus = Janus = Noah, Ionitus is said to have been raptured alive to Paradise. (On this concept, see §279.) There he learned all the secrets of the formation of the world. He also carried away from Paradise, and subsequently planted on Mount Lebanon, the very Tree on which the Savior was crucified. (Gottefridus Viterbiensis, Memoria Seculorum, ed. Waitz, MGH SS 2, Hanover 1872, p. 96.)

As was the case with immortalized figures in mystical Judaism, and with the immortal Al Khidr in Arabic tradition (§279), there occurred a fusion of identities in the person of the immortalized Ionitus. In respect of his filial relationship to the Flood-hero, Ionitus was Hellen son of Deukalion, in respect of his astrological expertise, he was Hermes or Agathodaemon (Min, Amun, Kneph), in respect of his origin from the stock of the giants, he was the giant Og/Eliezer/Canaan (see §279), in respect of his being sent away by his father to the east, loaded with gifts, as were Midian and Abraham’s other descendants by Keturah, according to Genesis 25. 6, he was Midian,

in respect of his migration to Italy he was the Edomite-cum-Hivite Zepho (Sophar/Al-Asfar),

in respect of his philosophical communing with Nimrod son of Canaan (Gilgamesh) on the shore of the Indian Ocean, he was the Flood-hero himself. (See §89 and §189.)

Thus the pagan divine name, Janus, became applied variously to Noah (in medieval Italian chronicles), and to Ion or Javan, the “giant” son of Japheth, and to the “giant” Hellen, the founder of the “Hellenic” paganism of the Sabians of Harran, and postdiluvian son of Deukalion/Noah, and to the Edomite Zepho. ..."
    Last edited by Sagittarius; 04-14-2017 at 11:54 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sagittarius For This Useful Post:

Hammerhead (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Yehowah is truth

Psalms 86:11 Teach me thy way, O YEHOWAH; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
    Mark 12:29 And Yehowshuwa answered him, The first of all the commandments , Hear, O Yisra'el; YEHOWAH our Elowah is one YEHOWAH: And thou shalt love YEHOWAH thy Elowah with all thy heart,...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martha View Post
    Yehowah is truth

Psalms 86:11 Teach me thy way, O YEHOWAH; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Shocking Implications of 'Jehovah'

http://www.yaiy.org/literature/IsHisName.html

"We now see how the first part of the Sacred Name "Yah" was changed to "Jeh" as the "J" developed and the "a" was replaced with "e" to hide the name.

The suffix "hovah" is No. 1943 in Strong's Hebrew Dictionary and has the meaning of "ruin: mischief." It is another form of No. 1942, havvah, which is translated "calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness."

Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius says of No. 1943, hovah: "ruin, disaster."

From this we can see the folly of calling the Creator of this universe-the One we worship- Jehovah. [b]For in calling upon this hybrid name we are in actuality beseeching a mighty one whose name carries the meaning, "The One Who creates ruin, creates mischief, creates calamity, creates iniquity, creates naughtiness, creates perverse things, creates very wickedness."

** Satan must certainly have a field day when mankind ignorantly refers to Yahweh by the name Je-hovah-a name that perfectly fits Satan himself as the Destroyer!"

Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Indeed, the Bible is a book - or books, with a hidden Truth.

"
    I'll have to re-read the history lesson a few more times.

The red, mars, part reminds me of that line from Gone With The Wind,

This is where you get your strength, the red earth of Tara...

Then speaking of wind, how about that Bob Dylan line, The answer is blowing in the wind.

Also, there's a verse from the book of Isaiah, 34:5, that popped into my head from your history lesson.

"For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment."

This is from the KJV. But most Bibles say Edom, instead of Idumea.

Does God call certain peoples of Idumea (or Edom) his curse, and is God devoted wiping these peoples of Idumea (or Edom) off the face of the earth?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast