Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best way for Christians to share their Good News?

Default What is the best way for Christians to share their Good News?

Don't we Christians have Good News to share? What is the best way to do that to an un-believer? Should we even be concerned about un-believers?

My point of view is that we Christians have the greatest news of all to share. While I'm not a door-to-door type of person nor a street corner type of speaker, I personally like the one-on-one approach opportunity.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    Don't we Christians have Good News to share? What is the best way to do that to an un-believer? Should we even be concerned about un-believers?

My point of view is that we Christians have the greatest news of all to share. While I'm not a door-to-door type of person nor a street corner type of speaker, I personally like the one-on-one approach opportunity.
    What is your good news?
    John 5:24

I think the first rule is determine the nature of the soil. . .whether it can receive the seed. . .if the soil is too hard, move on to where it is not.

Many years ago someone told me that "Christ died in my place" and that "Jesus was my substitute".

That news was bad news because the person who told me that has since died.
    John 5:24

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    I think the first rule is determine the nature of the soil. . .whether it can receive the seed. . .if the soil is too hard, move on to where it is not.

Well never thought of it that way smoky. But I guess my train of thought about sharing the Good News (if a Christian does know what that means, I'm not sure I could nor should explain it) is in a manner which one would receive it.

I personally accepted this good news not out of fear but out of hope - hope for a better life here on earth and life eternal with a loving God. Does that make any sense?

Blog Entries

" What is the best way for Christians to share their Good News?"
    Church goers HAVE no good news (gospel). Just a counterfeit one or two....
    We JWs do because we actually BELIEVE Jesus and follow his and his followers example....
    The INSANITY of CHURCHianity! Unequaled in All Religion.

Quote Originally Posted by theQuestion View Post
    " What is the best way for Christians to share their Good News?"
    Church goers HAVE no good news (gospel). Just a counterfeit one or two....
    We JWs do because we actually BELIEVE Jesus and follow his and his followers example....

So you think your above post is the best way to share the Good News? Really?

Blog Entries

If a person can hear the gospel, have faith to be saved, receive baptism, then be lost and sent to hell because they committed a sin, as Philip2 and others believe, then the gospel is no good news and a person is better off without it.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Well never thought of it that way smoky. But I guess my train of thought about sharing the Good News (if a Christian does know what that means, I'm not sure I could nor should explain it) is in a manner which one would receive it.
    Well, it really depends more on the Holy Spirit working in their heart. . .softening the soil, than it does on how well we present it.

If the Holy Spirit is not at work there, they will not receive it, no matter how well it is presented.

I personally accepted this good news not out of fear but out of hope - hope for a better life here on earth and life eternal with a loving God.
    Does that make any sense?
    It does to me. . .God knows what our desire is and uses it to facilitate faith.

Quote Originally Posted by james214 View Post
    Many years ago someone told me that "Christ died in my place" and that "Jesus was my substitute".

That news was bad news because the person who told me that has since died.
    You've made the mistake of equating "life" with the condition of the "skin".
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast