Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Hebrews 1- the Context Trinnies Ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Some versions translate "arche" as "ruler" and not "beginning". Read here if you like: http://www.revisedenglishversion.com...on/chapter3/14

Also, an archangel is a ruling angel, not a beginning angel. (while it's possible they were created first, we don't know.)

John 1:3 is referring to God's logos, not Jesus Christ. The "him"s should be "it"s. Jesus Christ is not in the first several verses of John 1.

Disagree.
    Whyt do you resist the Scriptures?

JOhn clearly says the Logos became Flesh and dwelt among us.

Do you say Gods purpose (as you call the Logos) is also God as JOhn 1:1 declares? An idea is God?

Now I rarely agree with question but Her quoting Hebrews 1 should settle the matter of Jesus' prexistence once and for all. Also if you knew greek and hebrew history you would know that both the Jews and greeks believed the Word (gr logos) heb. metatron) were persons.

Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    Whyt do you resist the Scriptures?
    I don't. I understand some of them differently than you.

JOhn clearly says the Logos became Flesh and dwelt among us.
    That's right.

Do you say Gods purpose (as you call the Logos) is also God as JOhn 1:1 declares? An idea is God?
    God's logos is as much God as your logos is you.

Now I rarely agree with question but Her quoting Hebrews 1 should settle the matter of Jesus' prexistence once and for all.
    tQ is a male (I'm pretty sure..).

Heb 1: (YLT)
    2) in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make [poieo] the ages [aionion];

4160 poieo {poy-eh'-o}
    Meaning: 1) to make 1a) with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion, etc.

165 aion {ahee-ohn'}
    Meaning: 1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity 2) the worlds, universe 3) period of time, age

It is through Christ that God has given form to the ages. Without the work of Christ, creation could not be restored.

Also, Christ has been appointed heir. How does that work with your belief that he created everything?

Also if you knew greek and hebrew history you would know that both the Jews and greeks believed the Word (gr logos) heb. metatron) were persons.
    That is utterly false, nolidad.

First century Christians would be aghast if they knew the vast majority of Christians today would believe God is a Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post

That's right.

God's logos is as much God as your logos is you.

tQ is a male (I'm pretty sure..).

Heb 1: (YLT)
    2) in these last days did speak to us in a Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make [poieo] the ages [aionion];

4160 poieo {poy-eh'-o}
    Meaning: 1) to make 1a) with the names of things made, to produce, construct, form, fashion, etc.

165 aion {ahee-ohn'}
    Meaning: 1) for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity 2) the worlds, universe 3) period of time, age

It is through Christ that God has given form to the ages. Without the work of Christ, creation could not be restored.

Also, Christ has been appointed heir. How does that work with your belief that he created everything?

First century Christians would be aghast if they knew the vast majority of Christians today would believe God is a Trinity.
    On this we agree- you interpret the words not as written and understand but in an allegorical way, subscribing new meanings to teh words written.

Well then read the works of the ante nicene fathers (I still think it is free online) and learn the early church father believe in the absolute deity of Jesus Christ and the deity of the Holy Spirit. There were unbelievers. The Gnostics and the 2 most famous were origen in the 2nd and arius in the 3rd century. This is where the WTBS get their doctrine from.

Most people forget that the early church stayed under such heavy persecution- that formulating a didache or catechism was not something they had much liberty to do..

John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    Whatever this word was already existed before creation and it was called God! It also became flesh and dwelt among us! That is Jesus.

Jesus asked to have the glory He shared with HIs Father before the world began restored to HIm. Is He lying by saying He existed before Creation?

Blog Entries

The Churchoid Mind and Shredded Wheat are synonyms.
    The INSANITY of CHURCHianity! Unequaled in All Religion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theQuestion View Post
    He, too, proves how they simply ignore it all.
    Ignore what ? That you're a lost reprobate that's going to Hell ? Because that's where the unredeemed go when they deny and reject the only Begotten Son of God . Oh,btw, genius , Almighty God is God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. See ya at the Judgment,,you reprobated FOOL !..........m

ps Don't think of reporting me for my authoritative knowledge of the Holy Bible . At least I possess that divine gift called SALVATION ! And you ? lol,,,rotf,,,,
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Blog Entries

GASP!
    Could it BE?

Nah.
    Their true spirit is now showing- and it's not a pretty sight!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theQuestion View Post
    GASP!
    Could it BE?

Nah.
    Their true spirit is now showing- and it's not a pretty sight!
    The Holy Spirit doesn't show,,He reflexes and exhibits the absolute sovereignty of God. And all true believers are indwelt by him,,,,,,,,,,That's by HIM ,not it ! Like the reprobates believe ! But what would an unredeemed ,unsaved reprobate like you know about the secret things of God ? The only Spirit you have is the Spirit of darkness .But you won't fully realize that until you stand before the Judgment Seat of Almighty God on the Day of Reckoning . .............m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Trump is no Messiah.
    fwiw the white house is a single term that includes more than 1000 people, in theory they march with a single tread. But still it is all referred to as a single thing.
    Neither is that Boneheaded Spade that swooped an entire demographic of simple minded jagoffs that believe Trump is raising taxes. Too ignorant to understand that he is lowering taxes to put more money in people's pockets. Are all leftist that ignorant to understand that ? Love the "leaks" that Trump supposedly revealed during a visit with two Russian representitives . The NYT and Washington Post couldn't wait to run the story , unverified by any reliable truthful sources . The "leaks" were discovered among intelligent personnel from the CIA,FBI and intelligence websites .Trump never once indicated that he was revealing any secrets that may jeopardize the saftey our national safety.

But we are so fortunate to have a hate monger among the groups here to keep the leftist lies alive......m
    Last edited by MatthewDuvall; 05-16-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    The Holy Spirit doesn't show,,He reflexes and exhibits the absolute sovereignty of God. And all true believers are indwelt by him,,,,,,,,,,That's by HIM ,not it ! Like the reprobates believe ! But what would an unredeemed ,unsaved reprobate like you know about the secret things of God ? The only Spirit you have is the Spirit of darkness .But you won't fully realize that until you stand before the Judgment Seat of Almighty God on the Day of Reckoning . .............m
    So, all Three of your Gods "indwell" in that one human body that was nailed up and taken to heaven as a Godman-without-blood?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930