Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To prove or not to prove, that is the question

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Strictly speaking. a hypothesis should begin as a possibility.

It's only as good as the evidence which supports it.
    Are you saying that the Holy Bible, God, Christ and Holy Spirit are only possibilities ? And what of this "evidence" you refer to ? In your thin lined speculation of the Holy Book, it is limited to opinion and not fact ! You can express truth ,but only to a certain point because it can reach a point in your unsaved life that offends you and you can go no further. This is where the Spirit of life in Christ and the spirit of darkness part and go their separate ways . You cannot effectively venture upon a biblical subject with the intent of revealing it's genuine message . That's why you come upon these boards with the most ridiculous and repulsive questions with full intentions of "making fun " of the Bible and Christianity in general.
    But the one fence you can never negotiate is the one where you meet a genuine believer in Christ who CAN effectively explain biblical truths and the danger that some may have hidden within them.............m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillett View Post
    You are proverbially splitting hairs

Richard Gillett
    And very thinly at that too .He pretends to speculate a subject that only a "Christian " forum like this one will receive. And with the dividing of faiths and limited knowledge among the participants he can justify his actions by the usual... " See, I told you " attitude .The man is obviously lost ,BUT not actively seeking Christ that he may be saved. Salvation isn't even at the front of his mind because he is the prime example of a person WHOLLEY AND FULLY WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT SALVATION EVEN IS !.................m
    " Perfectly content in their horrible deceit ." John Knox
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,317 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    And very thinly at that too .He pretends to speculate a subject that only a "Christian " forum like this one will receive. And with the dividing of faiths and limited knowledge among the participants he can justify his actions by the usual... " See, I told you " attitude .The man is obviously lost ,BUT not actively seeking Christ that he may be saved. Salvation isn't even at the front of his mind because he is the prime example of a person WHOLLEY AND FULLY WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT SALVATION EVEN IS !.................m
    " Perfectly content in their horrible deceit ." John Knox
    Not quite.

I think he sees Salvation as irrelevent. As in:

There is no God, so there is no need for Salvation from Him.

So death is the end. And this life is basically meaningless. And religion is the wasted occupation of fools.

But I am not sure why he thinks that participation in this forum has any value either? Surely it is as much a waste of time as an Christian endeavour?

Perhaps there is some inkiling of doubt or even a deep down need for there to be actually something to believe in?

Richard Gillett
    I am an unworthy servant. But someone had to stand up and be counted.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillett View Post
    Not quite.

I think he sees Salvation as irrelevent. As in:

There is no God, so there is no need for Salvation from Him.

So death is the end. And this life is basically meaningless. And religion is the wasted occupation of fools.

But I am not sure why he thinks that participation in this forum has any value either? Surely it is as much a waste of time as an Christian endeavour?

Perhaps there is some inkiling of doubt or even a deep down need for there to be actually something to believe in?

Richard Gillett
    Again I have to reflect back upon the work and possession of the Holy Spirit as genuine evidence of a true conversion. The alternative is usually an intellectual mind that is able to divide truth from untruth. But practical application and rightly dividing the Word of God rest entirely upon the witness of the Spirit within.
    As Paul says,"Any man without the Spirit of God , he is none of His." Rom.8:9..........m

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234