Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Charles Missler on the Revelation

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator View Post
    Serenity mixed with giddiness then, I guess.
    Dear rum,
    "Giddiness", would be a derogatory depiction. Amusement at men putting their ways above the ways of God, would be a better characterization. The solution to the nation/Gentiles "vanity", will be a "rod of iron" (Psalm 2:9).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear rum,
    "Giddiness", would be a derogatory depiction. Amusement at men putting their ways above the ways of God, would be a better characterization. The solution to the nation/Gentiles "vanity", will be a "rod of iron" (Psalm 2:9).
    Well I guess that brings us back to this:

Psa_137:9* Happy shall he [Messiah] be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
    It's important to enjoy your job.
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 965 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well I guess that brings us back to this:

It's important to enjoy your job.
    "Happy shall He (the Messiah) be, that taketh and dasheth thy (the daughter of Babylons') little ones against the stones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jig For This Useful Post:

Ruminator (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,204 Times in 4,058 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    "Happy shall He (the Messiah) be, that taketh and dasheth thy (the daughter of Babylons') little ones against the stones.
    The fact that you would post this verse (one of the most unpleasant/brutal in the entire bible) should raise flags for you and any reader, and I'm quite shocked that it doesn't.....

But what's even more disturbing is that you would attempt to insert the Messiah here....whom you obviously believe to be Jesus. The butchery of the text at such an extreme level. I mean, I just find it reprehensible and by no means justified in any way.

What you're really saying is that you believe Jesus - the same Jesus who claims to love all the little children - would take the children of the Babylonians by the heels and smash their heads against the rocks.

Your religion is absolutely disgusting and reprehensible, IMHO.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The fact that you would post this verse (one of the most unpleasant/brutal in the entire bible) should raise flags for you and any reader, and I'm quite shocked that it doesn't.....

But what's even more disturbing is that you would attempt to insert the Messiah here....whom you obviously believe to be Jesus. The butchery of the text at such an extreme level. I mean, I just find it reprehensible and by no means justified in any way.

What you're really saying is that you believe Jesus - the same Jesus who claims to love all the little children - would take the children of the Babylonians by the heels and smash their heads against the rocks.

"And in her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." Rev.18:24

"...ye are the children (little ones) of them (the daughter of Babylon) which killed the prophets." Mt.23:31

It's like saying "the daughter of Zion", or "the children of Israel." Little ones in that passage doesn't mean adolescent humans.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"And in her (Babylon) was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." Rev.18:24

"...ye are the children (little ones) of them (the daughter of Babylon) which killed the prophets." Mt.23:31

It's like saying "the daughter of Zion", or "the children of Israel." Little ones in that passage doesn't mean adolescent humans.
    It certainly doesn't mean adolescent, that's sure. It means little children, just like the ones the bible says Jesus loved, the ones songs have been written about.

And instead of quoting revelation, you should just say goo goo gah gah, since it means about the same.

But I guess judging both scripture and prophecy rightly is just not your thing.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's not the most unpleasant one I can think of, and ISTM that it was intended by the author to bring hope: "Vengeance is mine...".

Well please show me if I've taken it out of context - I don't think I have:

Psa 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
    Psa 137:2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
    Psa 137:3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
    Psa 137:4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
    Psa 137:5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
    Psa 137:6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
    Psa 137:7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
    Psa 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
    Psa 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It certainly doesn't mean adolescent, that's sure. It means little children, just like the ones the bible says Jesus loved, the ones songs have been written about.

And instead of quoting revelation, you should just say goo goo gah gah, since it means about the same.

But I guess judging both scripture and prophecy rightly is just not your thing.
    Philip,
    I understand you think God of the OT and NT are two different Gods, but Jesus affirmed the writings of the OT.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's not the most unpleasant one I can think of, and ISTM that it was intended by the author to bring hope: "Vengeance is mine...".
    Agreed, I can think of worse. Jeremiah's cooking and eating your own children tops it.

Well please show me if I've taken it out of context - I don't think I have:
    I wasn't responding your any of your posts Ruminator, so I'm not accusing you of taken verses out of context. I was responding to jig. Check the thread again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

Ruminator (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Philip,
    I understand you think God of the OT and NT are two different Gods, but Jesus affirmed the writings of the OT.
    You understand correctly. Your second point is debatable. In any event, it certainly seems to me that you believe in the Hebrew War God of the Old Testament, and reject or fail to understand the God of Love and Peace of the New Testament.

Or perhaps, like so many, many others.....you believe you can righteously merge the two into one.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast