Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe JW's no more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
    No JW looks to a mortal to solve anything--Gods will is occurring, satan knows his time is running out quickly--he will do all he can to Gods followers before he goes down. But 99% are going down with him. Because they refuse to believe Jesus.
    Then I would hope they wouldn't whine about or seek sympathy from others about being limited in their public religious activities.

JW,s have no feelings you say--how about millions and millions of field service hours yearly to help our fellow man out of their dilemma--they could have gone to the beach, or golfing, or shopping or fishing, etc,etc,etc--instead cared enough about our fellow man to sacrifice our selves for their behalf.
    The darkness is very dark isn't it? Most see like this-2Cor 4:4
    Maybe you should reread what I stated as your reply has nothing to do with it. Unless you are an advocate in speaking against the persecutions and limitations that Russia or other countries put on other religions?
    "Ignorance Can Be Educated And Crazy Can Be Medicated But There's No Cure For Stupid."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Beowulf View Post
    I've said it before and I will say it again- I have no sympathy for what happens to false religions and I'm quite sure God doesn't either.

JW's have no feelings about the persecutions of other religions so why should they look for support from people of those religions for their own problems?

Your false reasoning as usual--No JW looks to a false religion for support--So why do you make lies up about us???

*****************Edited
    Last edited by pastor2022; 05-21-2017 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Edited-Personal Insult/Attack: Cease From Such

Come take lifes waters free

Thanks

Until Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven, we are all then currently deceived by Satan to varying degrees; JW's are no exception to the rule.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Until Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven, we are all then currently deceived by Satan to varying degrees; JW's are no exception to the rule.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    If you fall for Watchtower fiction then that event happened back in 1914. To support that they even falsify documented history and attribute error to the Prophet Daniel.
    "Ignorance Can Be Educated And Crazy Can Be Medicated But There's No Cure For Stupid."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Beowulf View Post
    If you fall for Watchtower fiction then that event happened back in 1914. To support that they even falsify documented history and attribute error to the Prophet Daniel.
    Like I said, JW's are also currently deceived by Satan, and as such are prone to numerous errors.
    This is all due to Satan and his angels masquerading as true illumination, when in fact they deceive people with false illumination, which is darkness.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It cant be Jesus. Jesus is the one who appoints them over all of his belongings.
    Is there only one appointment in the scriptures?

So who is it? Who is the model that he enjoins them to imitate? The "GB" only conceived as a single man? I trow not.

Jesus was appointed as Yehovah's faithful servant:

Berean Study Bible
    Hebrews 3:1Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, set your minds on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. 2He was faithful to the One who appointed Him, just as Moses was faithful in all Godís house. 3Jesus has been counted worthy of greater glory than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.Ö
    The apostles were also appointed:

New International Version

He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.
    Also, as you are an organization that is fond of two or three witnesses, do you have a second/third witness to the notion of the "GB" being appointed by Yehovah?
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If the world cannot look at this world and see how sick the hearts have become, and that govts and corporations are ruining Gods earth at an alarming rate, they must be wearing these blinders( 2Cor 4:4)--it cannot possibly go on much longer--Babylon the great is about to fall. This locks the door to all.The start of the tribulation begins upon that lock of the door.
    Is there any way that someone living during Hitler's rise that might have prompted people so say "the end is near"? What about during the Flu pandemic? When Islam conquered much of the world by "convert-or-die" thuggery?

Also, 2 Cor 4:4 referred to the people of Paul's own time.

So in order to accuse those of us who don't feel constrained by the bogus "overlapping generations" silliness it behooves you to make an actual case from scripture. Pontification is inappropriate for a forum. You might find that your pronouncement cannot bear up under scrutiny.
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Like I said, JW's are also currently deceived by Satan, and as such are prone to numerous errors.
    This is all due to Satan and his angels masquerading as true illumination, when in fact they deceive people with false illumination, which is darkness.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    To err is not significant. What is significant is to declare your errors as being based authoritative *because they are given by living personalities* (ie: the GB). That is what makes them a cult. That and being forbidden to disagree with such pronouncements. And saying that their teaching is profitable but the scriptures are dangerous. Etc.

NIV 1 Cor 1:10I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,a in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasb ”; still another, “I follow Christ.”13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
    The JWs are proud that they don't have sub-sects (yet, except for the thing with Russell) however they actually run afoul of 1 Cor in significant ways:

* they split from Russell, or whoever started the organization
    * they baptize into forced agreement and expel those who still disagree with anything
    * Russell et al did not die for them yet they pledge allegiance to men and pledge to set aside anything they learn from the scriptures that doesn't conform

Paul's head would have exploded if Apollos or whoever insisted that people be baptized into obedience to them, forbidding herbs, requiring participation in their proselytizing, etc.
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The remaining generation of 1914-1919 will see it first hand.
    Wouldn't that be "generations"? I mean, we are talking about "overlapping generations" aren't we? Is this ala Trinity? Sometimes it is more convenient to speak of "one" and other times of "two"?
    It's a wonderful life

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TBax View Post
    Because we follow the moral standards of the Bible, including removing unrepentant sinners from the congregation. In this system, there will never be perfection among imperfect people. But by following the Bible's counsel it will be minimized as much as possible.
    Yes, if their "sins" are:

* disagreeing with dogma
    * celebrating a birthday
    * not going out "witnessing" (Israel was Yehovah's real scriptural witnesses while the apostles were the scriptural witnesses to Jesus and his resurrection)

But not so much if they are molesting a child (or at least, there is way more that could be done, as I've shown from Deuteronomy.
    It's a wonderful life

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast