Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe JW's no more

Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,672 Posts

It is a sad day for all religious freedom in Russia. It is evident that JWs have been targeted there for decades along with some other religious groups. As was seen in China however, persecution brings growth where Christians of all sects were banned yet the number of Christians increased exponentially over the years.
    Pastor2022- Moderator

Faith is the confident obedience to the Word of God in spite of circumstances or consequences.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    If it was to go underground then the consequences would be more siever than if they were not doing it underground.
    They've already been doing some of that up to this point. Now, it's going to basically be mandatory for them to do so. Even the 1st century Christians had to during the Roman persecution.
    Pastor2022- Moderator

Faith is the confident obedience to the Word of God in spite of circumstances or consequences.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pastor2022 View Post
    It is a sad day for all religious freedom in Russia. It is evident that JWs have been targeted there for decades along with some other religious groups. As was seen in China however, persecution brings growth where Christians of all sects were banned yet the number of Christians increased exponentially over the years.
    It's already starting.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170421a.html
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pastor2022 View Post
    It is a sad day for all religious freedom in Russia.
    Religious freedom is mostly a western cultural ideal. It is not promoted by our Creator- the fact that everyone should worship him or other gods as they please.

I don't have any more sympathy for restrictions placed on false religion than God does. So what, now the JWs in this country can't practice they way the WT mandates. Big deal.

The other thing about this is the fact that JWs have prophesied the fall of all other religions but their own by the hands of the Wild Beast (governments) for a long time. They are not sympathetic to any restrictions or hardships placed upon any other religions- they in fact look forward to it.

I have confidence that the WT HQ is working day and night to use this to stir up their members activity and maybe tie it into prophecy somehow.

They also will not view this action as judgement from the wild beast on their religion as they would if it happened to any other. Persecution only.
    "Ignorance Can Be Educated And Crazy Can Be Medicated But There's No Cure For Stupid."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 669 Posts

I have been to Russia five times and to several different areas there, and my wife is Russian.

From my own perspective and observations, the people there who are religious remind me very much of the people in my homeland England back in the 1970's. They have very little Biblical knowledge because, although well educated, their education has never included knowledge of the Bible. They look up to the church and the clergy as a way to God, and in this sense they are spiritually vulnerable to external proselytising and evangelising due to not being able to defend themselves.

This is one reason why record numbers of converts were had by the Jehovah's Witness religion during the sixties and early seventies, because foot soldiers trained several hours each week to answer any question and provide all answers, and dazzle listeners by flicking through their Bibles like the most competent Christians anywhere on the planet.

So although I disagree with the clamping down of freedom of speech and the opportunity to have what ever religion one wishes, I have heard first hand from Jehovah's Witnesses in recent years that their greatest growth has been coming from Eastern European countries.

I think the Watchtower org has always preyed on the vulnerable, and I can to some extent sympathise with the Russian governmental perspective of halting this taking advantage of her citizens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,226 Posts

Obviously, some people will applaud efforts to persecute. They will not care if a trial is unlawful, and the charges false. They only care about the end result.
    It happened to Jesus, and it happens to his disciples today as well.
    Some will be in the crowd yelling "impale him". Others will be amazed at the atrocities of human injustice.
    Agape,
    TBax

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TBax View Post
    Obviously, some people will applaud efforts to persecute. They will not care if a trial is unlawful, and the charges false. They only care about the end result.
    It happened to Jesus, and it happens to his disciples today as well.
    Some will be in the crowd yelling "impale him". Others will be amazed at the atrocities of human injustice.
    There is REAL persecution going on in the world that make such claims regarding this laughable and pathetic.

Do you JW's feel the same way when Russia did this to the Scientologist's? http://russia-insider.com/en/politic...tology/ri15447

They gave the Unification Church (Moonies) a hard time too.

Personally I have no concerns about what happens to false religious groups and I doubt that God does either. You are all in good company.
    "Ignorance Can Be Educated And Crazy Can Be Medicated But There's No Cure For Stupid."

Thanks

Should a human government decide your religion? Do human governments have that right? No. People must decide for themselves. And when man says no you can't worship that peaceful way, then what will you do?
    Jehovah's people will remain underground in Russia. It isn't the first time.
    Being told by authorities to stop isn't the first time either.

Acts 4:18 With that they called them and ordered them not to say anything at all or to teach on the basis of the name of Jesus. 19 But in reply Peter and John said to them: “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, judge for yourselves. 20 But as for us, we cannot stop speaking about the things we have seen and heard.”

The work will continue until Jehovah says its over.
    Agape,
    TBax

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 669 Posts

Jehovah's Witnesses do not carry out their worship in a way that keeps the peace in Russia. They involve in an aggressive regime of radicalisation of individuals by the insistence of the study of their literature, taking persons away from Russian society and placing them in a sub culture or sub state that separates them from their families and previous lives.

This is an American invented religion. Russia probably has had enough of Americana influence in its society via movies and television. Here in Britain our resident cray fish have all but been eliminated by the release of American cray fish into our rivers and streams, the American ruddy duck until it was halted was drowning all of our native ducks, the American Mink has caused havoc to our small wildlife in many areas, and our beautiful red squirrel nearly has disappeared as a result of the ugly American grey squirrel overtaking its inherent territory.

So if Russia wishes to protect its citizens and society from heretical brainwashing from an aggressive American religious movement seeking to pluck people out and into its sub culture, sub society, and pseudo education run by old men who live in a printing factory in the US of A, then so be it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samson For This Useful Post:

-Beowulf (04-22-2017)

Thanks

John 17:14 I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.
    15 “I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.

Some people will rationalize that Jesus' words should not be realized, and practiced by real people.

Matt 10:34 Do not think I came to bring peace to the earth; I came to bring, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and whoever has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his soul will lose it, and whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it.

So while true Christians live peaceful lives, some will criticize them for realizing Jesus' words here, that serving Jesus comes before family who oppose.
    So while they put up a pretense of justification, they are in reality opposing Jesus' words. They are metaphorically in the crowd yelling "impale him".

Agape,
    TBax

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast