Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in coincidences?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,294,967,295 Times in 4,294,967,295 Posts

Default Do you believe in coincidences?

Personally, I do not. It is my belief that everything has a purpose and there is a reason for what happens. I do not believe in accidents either.
    "The mind is like a parachute; it functions only when it is open." Coe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmldn2 For This Useful Post:

jig (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,387 Times in 4,444 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn2 View Post
    Personally, I do not. It is my belief that everything has a purpose and there is a reason for what happens. I do not believe in accidents either.
    I believe there are both coincidences and accidents. Not everything has a purpose.

If you stub your toe on the footstool, what was the "purpose"? Why wouldn't it be an accident? Do you think God planned for it to happen?

I don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree with you completely.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jig For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (03-20-2017)

Thanks

Sometimes. Accidents and coincidences may become something more if God wills it or the individual makes/discovers meaning in that occurrence.

Many times it takes an accident or coincidence to unlock a potential or new possibility in one's life.
    It's literary, not literal.

Truth is poetic, if only anyone believed this...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sealchan For This Useful Post:

jmldn2 (03-20-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    I believe there are both coincidences and accidents. Not everything has a purpose.

If you stub your toe on the footstool, what was the "purpose"? Why wouldn't it be an accident? Do you think God planned for it to happen?

I don't.

Could be a lesson for me to "watch more astutely" where the heck I was going.

I guess my question was a bit too broad. My point is that things which happen to us (not necessarily such an incident as you stated) are usually for some reason or purpose and even if something seems an accident, the end result can still be used for a purpose.

A painful stubbed toe would make me more careful of my surroundings and if such happened to me and I did not let out a string of cuss words would show I had some obedience. Just saying.

Thanks

Could be a lesson for me to "watch more astutely" where the heck I was going.

I guess my question was a bit too broad. My point is that things which happen to us (not necessarily such an incident as you stated) are usually for some reason or purpose and even if something seems an accident, the end result can still be used for a purpose.

A painful stubbed toe would make me more careful of my surroundings and if such happened to me and I did not let out a string of cuss words would show I had some obedience. Just saying.
    Is that how you trained your kids? Purposefully put obstacles in their path to trip them up to teach them something?

I doubt you did that. God doesn't do it either.

Thanks

im not sure why my first answer didn't take so ill do a redo ,both happens to christians that is accidents and hapenstances.
    Is that how you trained your kids? Purposefully put obstacles in their path to trip them up to teach them something?

Thanks

I don't.
    Dear shroom,
    The reason you stubbed your toe was because you were probably careless. The lesson is to slow down, and be more careful. The next time, if you slow down, you will see the train coming, and therefore not die.

Thanks

I'm not God. No I didn't purposely do such a thing but I sure hope they did learn lessons from obstacles in their way.

Thanks

...No I didn't purposely do such a thing
    Neither does God.

but I sure hope they did learn lessons from obstacles in their way.
    So does God.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast