Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Living waters

Thanks
    Thanked 5,658 Times in 4,729 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Zechariah 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

These living waters that go out from Jerusalem at the end of the tribulation period when the Lord comes with his saints (Zech 14:5), seem to me to be a metaphor for the remnant saints who after being caught up....as in spiritually caught up, then go forth over the earth to enlighten the rest of mankind.

Adding support to these living waters representing people is: John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    What if the living waters are the same living water that Jesus said would flow out of those who believe in Him as you quote but not limited to the future only but now? That is, we, the body of Christ, are Jerusalem and out of us flow living waters to the former sea (the Jews) and to the hinder sea (the others.) What that describes is how it has been since the death and resurrection of Christ?

Just throwing new thoughts into the mix.
    Last edited by Dottie; 04-12-2017 at 05:20 AM.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    What if the living waters are the same living water that Jesus said would flow out of those who believe in Him as you quote but not limited to the future only but now? That is, we, the body of Christ, are Jerusalem and out of us flow living waters to the former sea (the Jews) and to the hinder sea (the others.) What that describes is how it has been since the death and resurrection of Christ?

Just throwing new thoughts into the mix.
    I totally agree that from the true believers in Christ will flow the living waters of the Holy Spirit.
    But I feel that these living waters will not occur again until the end of the great tribulation period, at which time a blessing is bestowed on the remnant on day 1335 (Dan 12:12).
    This is also the time where Isaiah 60:1-2 describes the Lords light coming upon the faithful, while the rest of the faithless world will lie in darkness.

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
    2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,658 Times in 4,729 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    I totally agree that from the true believers in Christ will flow the living waters of the Holy Spirit.
    But I feel that these living waters will not occur again until the end of the great tribulation period, at which time a blessing is bestowed on the remnant on day 1335 (Dan 12:12).
    OK, well we might disagee here. I think the true believers already flow the living waters out of our belly that refresh those who want to taste them. It is the same concept as we are the salt of the earth or the light of the world. We have brought freedom and the dignity of man made in the image of God. I do not see this as a future event but present.
    This is also the time where Isaiah 60:1-2 describes the Lords light coming upon the faithful, while the rest of the faithless world will lie in darkness.
    I also think the Lord's light has come upon the faithful. I have heard true believers talk whose knowledge far surpasses those who merely know the Word but not the author. Be their light I have gained light and to some degree freedom and courage.
    Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
    2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
    I think this was fulfilled when Jesus started his ministry as he said when he read Isaiah in the Sabbath reading. It is fulfilled in their hearing and has continued. His believers walk by his light and his glory shines upon us. It is my experience as well as my belief.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910