Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 159

Thread: The Kingdom of God is Within You...

  1. #1

    Default The Kingdom of God is Within You...

    In Luke 17:21 of the King James Bible translation, it is written Jesus says, The kingdom of God is within you.

    I want to see what commenters here say about this sentiment.

    Was Jesus promoting a kind of self attained enlightenment here?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    In Luke 17:21 of the King James Bible translation, it is written Jesus says, The kingdom of God is within you.

    I want to see what commenters here say about this sentiment.

    Was Jesus promoting a kind of self attained enlightenment here?
    "The kingdom of God is among you" not within you.
    John 5:24

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,653
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    In Luke 17:21 of the King James Bible translation, it is written Jesus says, The kingdom of God is within you.

    I want to see what commenters here say about this sentiment.

    Was Jesus promoting a kind of self attained enlightenment here?
    The Rabbis asked when it was coming. Jesus answered it was here already, but not observable. It's not observable because it's being prepared now among us (see parables on the Kingdom - Mt.13.)

  4. #4

    Default

    james214 and jig,

    Are the following versions of the Bible translated wrong because they say, Within you?

    King James
    New Heart English
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    GOD'S WORD Translation
    Jubilee Bible 2000
    American King James Version
    American Standard Version
    Douay-Rheims Bible
    English Revised Version
    Webster's Bible Translation
    Weymouth New Testament
    World English Bible
    Young's Literal Translation

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,892
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    james214 and jig,

    Are the following versions of the Bible translated wrong because they say, Within you?

    King James
    New Heart English
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    GOD'S WORD Translation
    Jubilee Bible 2000
    American King James Version
    American Standard Version
    Douay-Rheims Bible
    English Revised Version
    Webster's Bible Translation
    Weymouth New Testament
    World English Bible
    Young's Literal Translation
    It's a double entendre. Jesus frequently replied with statements that could be taken two ways or more.

    In this case, it can interpreted within or among. Within, because one must be individually converted and demonstrate faith. Among, because Jesus Christ is the King and He was forming His Kingdom, which is the Church.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james214 View Post
    "The kingdom of God is among you" not within you.
    “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[d] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.” NKJV
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post
    In Luke 17:21 of the King James Bible translation, it is written Jesus says, The kingdom of God is within you.

    I want to see what commenters here say about this sentiment.

    Was Jesus promoting a kind of self attained enlightenment here?
    I think it's great. It is mildly enigmatic.....but I think the verse speaks for itself. The kingdom (a place owned/controlled/ruled by a ruler) of God (the Supreme Architect of all that is) is within you (inside your being).

    Yeah. Good.
    If you want to get to heaven; you've got to raise a little hell. If you want to know a secret, you've got promise not to tell.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    It's a double entendre. Jesus frequently replied with statements that could be taken two ways or more.

    In this case, it can interpreted within or among. Within, because one must be individually converted and demonstrate faith. Among, because Jesus Christ is the King and He was forming His Kingdom, which is the Church.
    How can I test and confirm my faith in God? Do you have any examples you can share with me?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I think it's great. It is mildly enigmatic.....but I think the verse speaks for itself. The kingdom (a place owned/controlled/ruled by a ruler) of God (the Supreme Architect of all that is) is within you (inside your being).

    Yeah. Good.
    Have you ever thought of it as your own unconscious?

    Its quite perplexing to imagine one being inside everybody, isn't it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,653
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally posted by Inach Marbank
    james214 and jig,

    Are the following versions of the Bible translated wrong because they say, Within you?
    It depends on who He's speaking to. De Marias' answer was very good. The Kingdom isn't "within" every converted individual, but within the grasp of every person.
    His Kingdom is among all people because everything we see belongs to Him. Some are staying, some are leaving:

    "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth." Mt.5:3,5

    "But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it." Pro.2:22

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •