Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    To give the Kingdom to the faithful. Faith produces humbleness. Humbleness is a pride killer.
    Dear jig,
    I thought a "messenger from Satan" was a pride killer. 2 Cor 12:7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
    DL
    I guess sabotage...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear jig,
    I thought a "messenger from Satan" was a pride killer. 2 Cor 12:7
    He was. Of course, you can refuse the chastisement and curse God for it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    Satan represents the carnal mind in disobedient children.
    BINGO! Give this man the prize for he has discovered the truth!
    Sincerely, JimD

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimD For This Useful Post:

Israel (03-28-2017), Studyman (03-28-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    No. I just don't believe in Hollywood fairytales. That's what scripture says. You simply misunderstand it. EVERY man is tempted when he is drawn away of his OWN lust.

Where the hell is Satan at in this?

As Eve was tempted by the serpent, I fear your MIND has been corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Mainstream Christianity is wrong along with all other religions.
    There have never been talking serpents.

I too dislike most religions but not all of them.

I like Gnostic Christianity and have adopted it. I also like the ideologies of Karaite Jews and some forms of Buddhism.

All of these promote the seeking of knowledge and wisdom and not some God to do all our thinking for us.

These rightfully put man above God because we know that all Gods are man made.

Regards
    DL

Thanks

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
    DL
    As long as we're having fun..

I guess God saw that Adam and Eve were just ignoring the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and allowed Satan to tempt Eve to "get things moving".

Think about it..

God did NOT "curse the Earth" by sending Satan.

The cursing of the ground came about because God wanted to make it harder for Adam to make a living.

Don't forget God removed the curse for Noah.

Gen 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and took some of every clean animal and some of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
    Gen_8:21 And when the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, the LORD said in his heart, I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. Neither will I ever again strike down every living creature as I have done.
    2Co 11:1 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWashedBrain For This Useful Post:

Greatest I am (04-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,915 Posts
    Blog Entries

Regards
    DL
    Because we deserved it. It's the only logical answer I can think of. That, or....there is no Satan besides we ourselves. What do you think?
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

Greatest I am (04-24-2017), Zathrus (04-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Because we deserved it. It's the only logical answer I can think of. That, or....there is no Satan besides we ourselves. What do you think?
    Hi, Philip. If I may.

Just for the sake of argument. I don't believe Adam and Eve "deserved" having to deal with Satan.

More than that, even today.. I see Satan as just God's devil, just like any other created being with a specific role to fulfill.

The Bible DOES acknowledge Satan as a foe of the believer. An adversary as it were, and his interventions are many times mentioned in Scripture.

He enters people.. he accuses.. etc. etc. I'm sure you are familiar with the idea.

Having said that.. he tempted Eve and man fell by disobeying God. Then, another concept entered the world.. mainly, "sin".

"Sin" interacted with people directly because of the disobedience. God told Cain that "sin" was crouching at the door.

I wonder how Cain understood that. Seemingly, Cain did not even think twice about killing Abel. As far as I can tell, he never even showed remorse. Remarkable!.. The Bible just deals with the situation "matter-of-factly"/

Interesting that Satan, by name, is not heard of anymore until 1 Chronicles.

1Ch 21:1 Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.

Keeping in mind that The Book of Job might have happened before that.

So, rather than agreeing with you that "we deserved it", I'd rather say that Satan was a necessary evil, again, to "get things going", as I mentioned previously.
    2Co 11:1 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheWashedBrain For This Useful Post:

Greatest I am (04-24-2017), Philip (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,915 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheWashedBrain View Post
    Hi, Philip. If I may.
    Always brother.

Just for the sake of argument. I don't believe Adam and Eve "deserved" having to deal with Satan.
    I don't either, and if not for the Revelation (a real theological mess at best) no one would think they did. That's where the idea that the serpent was Satan comes from.

The rest of your post is well said, IMHO.

Interesting that Satan, by name, is not heard of anymore until 1 Chronicles.

1Ch 21:1 Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.
    Yes. What's more interesting than that, IMO is 2 Sam 24:1 which reads, "Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.”

So, the bible literally claims that Satan and God moved David to number Israel.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

Greatest I am (04-24-2017), TheWashedBrain (04-21-2017), Zathrus (04-21-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Yes. What's more interesting than that, IMO is 2 Sam 24:1 which reads, "Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

So, the bible literally claims that Satan and God moved David to number Israel.
    Yes indeed. As seen in Exodus.. God will sometimes take it upon Himself.. personally.. to harden someone's heart ( my thought is that He STILL does that today ).

It's His prerogative to do, or have done anything to have His purposes met.

Such power.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast