Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How we got here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,688 Posts

Default How we got here

If you are like me and still wondering how the heck Trump got elected, I think this video is spot on.

What do you think?

Won't you listen to reason .... Will you open your eyes

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missy For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-24-2017), Stephen T-B (02-17-2017), Zathrus (02-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,723 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

The only problem is that this assumes that no one but politicians (or Trump) see these mentioned problems in the US. They are not really happening, I guess, but the people are only being told this to make them fear what is not at all happening. All is well in the US. Fear is only used to make people vote as someone (Republican this election but Democrate the last one...figure that one out) wants them to do. What is the alternative? If Hillary had won then fear was not used to persuade voters? If the Democrates are voted in then no tactics were used?
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,307 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by missy View Post
    If you are like me and still wondering how the heck Trump got elected, I think this video is spot on.

What do you think?
    Underestimates the common man in America.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smoky For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-24-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    The only problem is that this assumes that no one but politicians (or Trump) see these mentioned problems in the US. They are not really happening, I guess, but the people are only being told this to make them fear what is not at all happening. All is well in the US. Fear is only used to make people vote as someone (Republican this election but Democrate the last one...figure that one out) wants them to do. What is the alternative? If Hillary had won then fear was not used to persuade voters? If the Democrates are voted in then no tactics were used?
    No the video points to right wing media as propagating the fear and conspiracies. That's the main point of the video.

What fear tactics do you think Hillary used in her campaign? I dont see democrats as being fear mongers, though are not innocent of deploying other tactics.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missy For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-24-2017), Zathrus (02-19-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Whatever do you mean smoky? You are as right wing as they come, so how do you determine what a common man is?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to missy For This Useful Post:

Zathrus (02-19-2017)

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Blog Entries

What Trump did was tell about the "great mess" that existed, but it was spin rather than fact. What he did was to look at things in the worst possible light proclaiming loudly that Obama did it all. He used his skill manipulating the media to always focus on the crazy things he said, basically he sucked all the air out of the campaign leaving the media exhausted and nothing left for all of the other candidates. Even today Trump demands to be the center of everything here in the US.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celeste For This Useful Post:

missy (02-19-2017), Zathrus (02-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,723 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    What Trump did was tell about the "great mess" that existed, but it was spin rather than fact. What he did was to look at things in the worst possible light proclaiming loudly that Obama did it all. He used his skill manipulating the media to always focus on the crazy things he said, basically he sucked all the air out of the campaign leaving the media exhausted and nothing left for all of the other candidates. Even today Trump demands to be the center of everything here in the US.
    The case can easily be made that the media was very negative on Trump. If one looked at pictures of Clinton and Trump, the pictures always were good of Hillary and uncomplimentary of Trump. I was not in the US but was it untrue that speeches of Trump were given to stadiums of people and Hillary had a hard time filling up a high school gymnasium? Is it untrue that jobs have moved outside of the US? Is it untrue that more people than ever are on government subsidies? There were no food banks when I lived there and no one needed food banks. Now they are common. Are jobs plentiful? I read about one day free clinics held on parking lots because of no health care, something I did in the undeveloped world. I checked out the cost of college and I was shocked. When I was young everyone went to college and parents did not need to save enough for a second house to pay for it.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-20-2017), solver (02-26-2017)

Thanks

What do you think?

I think what happened with Bernie Sanders is proof that video misses the mark.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisHill For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-17-2017), solver (02-26-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    I think what happened with Bernie Sanders is proof that video misses the mark.
    Can you elaborate?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,307 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Whatever do you mean smoky?
    Joe Lunchbucket. . .

You are as right wing as they come, so how do you determine what a common man is?
    The common man put Trump in the White House.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast