Thread: Pudzer withdraws name from nomination as Labor sec'y

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,602 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Pudzer withdraws name from nomination as Labor sec'y

Fast-food chain executive Andrew Puzder formally withdrew his name from consideration to be U.S. Secretary of Labor on Wednesday amid mounting concerns he could not win enough Republican support to get confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

“After careful consideration and discussions with my family, I am withdrawing my nomination for Secretary of Labor," Puzder said in a statement.

"While I won't be serving in the administration, I fully support the President and his highly qualified team."

(Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...dUSKBN15U2EV?f

Seems he was so slow writing down his credentials and listing his assets that the nominating committee never got around to actually asking him questions.

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,602 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nothing was going to derail Puzder from getting the 100% republican support for his nomination until the Oprah video was produced publicly. It amazed so many people how a CEO could literally hate his employees, change the company advertizing campaign into a lurid sexual adventure and publicly suggest that robots would do better than people in his business, none of that made the slightest dent in the republican support for him.

The Oprah show was all about wives of powerful men and how they were abused and Puzder's ex wife sat there in disguise explaining how he had threatened her into not testifying that was the final straw. Until the last second Puzder hoped that the video would not finally make it to the TV networks. There was no indication that he was interested in dropping his nomination chance until that video was made available by Harpo production and to the networks. He would have been happy to accept that position as sec'y of labor even with the flood of indications of his total lack of fitness for the position.