Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moses and his God

Thanks
    Thanked 6,584 Times in 5,203 Posts

Default Moses and his God

Please consider the following teaching current on the board concerning Moses and his God.

Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who ordered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin and Joseph Stalin, and whose God is the devil.

I stand firmly opposed to this teaching. In my opinion, it slanders Moses ("the man of God") and blasphemes his God (the Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ.)

Is there anyone besides the member of the board who is teaching it who supports the teaching? Is there anyone besides me willing to go on record opposing the teaching?

For those who support the teaching, why does it have your support? and why have you been unwilling to express that support publicly before now?

For those who oppose the teaching, why do you oppose it? and why have you been unwilling to stand against it publicly before now?

#hangthehound

P.S. I fully support the right of the purposely unnamed member to present and defend his teaching concerning Moses and his God on the board.
    Last edited by Mattathias; 02-15-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Added postscript and bold
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,502 Times in 4,597 Posts
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, you slander Moses and God when you keep refering to the Being some people obeyed/followed/worshipped as "their" god/God as though there are a lot of gods around and you are now refering to the one Moses walked with. The atheists and polytheists love this sort of making many gods out of the Diety. You write of Jesus and "his" God and so on. There are many ways to slander God. The teaching you mention (which I never heard of) is one. Calling the being certain named people recognized as "their" god (one among man gods) is another. There is more than one way to fall off of a horse.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017), Richard Gillett (02-19-2017)

Thanks

If Moses did the things written of him (in particular, parting the Red Sea for the people of Israel) then the God and Father of Jesus was with him.

If the things are recorded incorrectly, then anything may be true of Moses or not - and therefore we have no evidence of anything.

Logically, this means that the member you quoted is wrong in his conclusion either way; whether the things written of Moses in the Bible are true or not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisHill For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post
    Please consider the following teaching
    Why do you call it a teaching? It sounds more like a mere opinion without any foundation in fact. To call it a "teaching" is to elevate it to a principle. Whereas, it is merely a rant.

P.S. I fully support the right of the purposely unnamed member to present and defend his teaching concerning Moses and his God on the board.
    You mean that you support the right of any person to rant against the Revelation of God, whether they have any foundation in truth or not.

My question, is that in line with the rules of the forum? If it is, then those of us who are not moderators, have no say.

Perhaps a moderator can tell us whether an unsupported attack on the Word of God is allowed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to De Maria For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017)

Thanks

Please consider the following teaching current on the board concerning Moses and his God.

Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who ordered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin and Joseph Stalin, and whose God is the devil.

I stand firmly opposed to this teaching. In my opinion, it slanders Moses ("the man of God") and blasphemes his God (the Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ.)

Is there anyone besides the member of the board who is teaching it who supports the teaching? Is there anyone besides me willing to go on record opposing the teaching?

For those who support the teaching, why does it have your support? and why have you been unwilling to express that support publicly before now?

For those who oppose the teaching, why do you oppose it? and why have you been unwilling to stand against it publicly before now?

#hangthehound

That person just defamed not only Moses, but also the Father and Jesus 'big time':

Acts 3:22 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you."
    Psalm 40:6-8, ... I delight to do Your will, O My God; Your Law is within My heart.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Real Milk Man For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017)

Thanks

I haven't seen the teaching you have mentioned... It must be in a thread i've never read... however, I disagree with whoever is teaching that...As far as I know the only time God ever got upset with Moses was when he "smote" the rock, that God had told him to "speak" to... That prevented Moses from crossing over into the Promised Land... Of course the story gets much deeper than this but, one is able to get the general drift of what happened here..

Numbers 20:7-12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.

And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LynnCF For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't agree with the position of the OP from the standpoint of it's not my place to judge another man, especially one I've never met. However, having said that... to say that someone's God, or this or that.....to me absolutely does not compute. To blaspheme God or Moses, also statements that I disagree with - wholeheartedly. Here's why.

1. Just because someone says "God" told them this or that - doesn't mean he did. We have countless examples of people claiming God did, and then they did terrible things. So, that's a fact. In fact, many of the people who claim God told them to do things that are wrong, we consider evil. So there's that part.

2. If there is a God - then he can't be Moses' God, or Jimmy's God, or Ghandi's God, or anyone's God - he has to be everyone's God. And this is what the bible clearly states. It says that God is the maker of all things. Sometimes, I think people need to let that settle, and think it over - because from what I've seen, most people don't seem to believe it, let alone understand it.

3. If one looks at the actions attributed to God and Moses in the OT, there is plenty of room for HIGH CRITICISM; for what should be obvious reasons. Yet, people (many who claim to be believers anyway) don't seem to get this at all. If you think that God, the OMNI - the maker of all things tells people to kill, exterminate, enslave, murder, rape or brutalize others......

Then you have no room for criticism of Jim Jones or David Koresh.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,584 Times in 5,203 Posts

The board member is aware of the comments posted in this thread. His response (in another thread) necessitates a revision to the summary of his teaching.

Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who orderered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin, Mohammed, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Ramirez, Gary Ridgway and many other mass murderers, and whose God is the devil.
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

Thanks

The board member is aware of the comments posted in this thread. His response (in another thread) necessitates a revision to the summary of his teaching.

Following the exodus of Israel from Egypt, Moses was: mentally ill (suffering from schizophrenia), a pagan who made and worshipped idols in the wilderness, a pedophile, a rapist who orderered the Israelites to rape, a mass murderer worse than Hitler and the Vikings, more wicked than Jezebel, on the same level with Ivan the Terrible, Pol Pot, Mao Tse-tung, Idi Amin, Joseph Stalin, Mohammed, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Ramirez, Gary Ridgway and many other mass murderers, and whose God is the devil.
    Instead of beating around the bush, I'd rather you simply name who it is specifically you are referring to. And instead of simply attacking him because he does not see what you or the world may see, try to entertain the story from his point of view. What would make him come too that conclusion? My faith is strong (all men will be saved). I can entertain a thought without accepting it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Israel For This Useful Post:

Mattathias (02-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,630 Posts

ATTENTION:

Let's make this clear once again. This is a Bible discussion site. It is not a Christian site per se. ANYONE is free to join to this site. This site is for the discussion and/or debate of all topics having to do with the Bible and/or related subjects. Members are free to express their beliefs as long as they follow our board rules.
    Pastor2022- Moderator

Faith is the confident obedience to the Word of God in spite of circumstances or consequences.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast