Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Flynn resigns

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by solver View Post
    YES indeed...missing emails is the same as traitorus illegal acts with a foreign govt...
    In Hillary Clinton's case, wiser words were never spoken ... and her actions and INACTIONS in the Benghazi incident are PROOF!
    How does the actions, or lack of actions, determine the outcome of a duly elected president and acts of his former security advisory. Perhaps you can draw this intricate set of historical circumstances and relationship
    Wrong question. . .

that make such connections...
    Self evident. . .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 1,021 Posts
    Blog Entries

How does the actions, or lack of actions, determine the outcome of a duly elected president and acts of his former security advisory. Perhaps you can draw this intricate set of historical circumstances and relationship that make such connections...or as usual we are living in the world of make believe land filled with wonderful TV dramas.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...628-story.html

Editorial: Benghazi: What the report reveals about Hillary Clinton

Two years in the making, 800 pages long, gripping in tone, the report of the U.S. House Select Committee on Benghazi — released Tuesday — is the definitive account of the Sept. 11, 2012, Libya attacks that killed four Americans: Ambassador Chris Stevens, foreign service officer Sean Smith and CIA contractors Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.

Parts read like a Tom Clancy thriller, but it's the sections that mirror "House of Cards" — you know, the behind-the-scenes political stuff — that give "Benghazi" its immediate significance. That's because in this drama the role of secretary of state was performed by Hillary Clinton, the now-presumptive Democratic nominee for president. So the voting public wants to know how Clinton fares: Does the report cast her as a villain or a more nuanced character?

Probably you thought you knew a little, or a lot, about this document. In some ways it's a sequel, or even a reboot, given the fact that there already have been multiple, narrower investigations. A preliminary Select Committee report was published a year ago. Last October Clinton testified in public for 11 hours. Many Democrats have viewed all of this as a Republican-led attempt to undercut her campaign.

But when packaged as a complete volume, the report delivers on its promise to analyze the entire debacle so the risk of a future disaster is reduced. On the question of how Clinton and the Obama administration reacted, we see more than enough evidence to reaffirm our opinion that the secretary of state failed a crucial chance to show decisive, principled leadership.

The crux of it is that during and well after the chaos of the attacks on the State Department's outpost and nearby CIA annex in Benghazi, Clinton and the Obama administration promoted a false narrative for public consumption: that the violence came from a spontaneous outburst of mob anger. Although Clinton confided to her daughter, Chelsea, in an email that night that an al-Qaida faction was responsible, for two weeks she let fester the story that mob action, not a planned assault her department might have anticipated, killed her employees.

The supposition Clinton and others held to was that the attacks were related in nature to political protests the same day outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. Those demonstrators were angry about an anti-Islam video. With the Benghazi attacks still unfolding, Clinton released the administration's only statement on the evening of Sept. 11, and she focused on the video. But the next day, Clinton told Egyptian Prime Minister Hesham Kandil, "We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack — not a protest."

What she told Kandil was true, the report confirms: The Americans came under sudden attack at their compound by a force of about 70 heavily armed men. The only warning: the sudden disappearance of a Libyan police vehicle. Attackers approached the building, invaded and set fire to it.
    Stevens and Smith died in the fire. Doherty and Woods were killed in a subsequent attack on the CIA annex.

As hours and days passed, the report shows, inaccurate accounts of the Benghazi timeline inexplicably endured. On Sept. 14, White House spokesman Jay Carney said: "We have no information to suggest that it was a preplanned attack. The unrest we've seen around the region has been in reaction to a video that Muslims, many Muslims find offensive

The administration looked for an official to go on the Sunday morning talk shows Sept. 16. Ben Rhodes, President Barack Obama's deputy national security adviser, sent a request to Clinton but never heard back. The thankless job fell to Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Rice had little knowledge of the events. She relied in part on background information from Rhodes.

Here the report gets at the politics of Benghazi, because it shows that among Rhodes' talking points to Rice was this specific goal to communicate to the viewing public: "To underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy."

In other words: In mid-September 2012, in the wake of a terrorist attack in Libya, with Obama up for re-election in two months and Clinton's own presidential aspirations at risk, the White House sent a lesser representative in front of the cameras. Armed with bad information, she insisted that four Americans died as the result of a spontaneous protest — not because of Washington's failure to anticipate a terrorist attack on an isolated U.S. compound in unstable Libya on the anniversary of 9/11.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to solver For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 1,193 Posts

Ok....exactly who are you arguing with. I am not opposing whatever conspiracy, make believe reality, or endless posting about what did or did not happen to Hillary related to Benghazi/Vince Foster/other murder plots/health lies/alternative sexual orientation/wealth accumulation/Huma Abedin. This is a simple question...I will go slow.

How....is.....Hillary....connected...to...the....p residency...of...Donald....Trump....and...firing.. .of...General...Flynn...?
    Theology is the fine art of making simple facts complex assertions...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ok....exactly who are you arguing with. I am not opposing whatever conspiracy, make believe reality, or endless posting about what did or did not happen to Hillary related to Benghazi/Vince Foster/other murder plots/health lies/alternative sexual orientation/wealth accumulation/Huma Abedin. This is a simple question...I will go slow.

How....is.....Hillary....connected...to...the....p residency...of...Donald....Trump....and...firing.. .of...General...Flynn...?

Let's all GO THROUGH THE EVIDENCE (including the tens of thousands of deleted emails), and we can probably ANSWER that question!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to solver For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,659 Posts

It's hilarious that we're still talking about emails, Benghazi and pizza gate. Can we take another look for obamas birth certificate while we're at it?

Translation: there is no defense for this mess we got ourselves into, but I will stand by my vote until to the end. Because I just can't admit I'm wrong. And I really really hate abortion, gays and muslims.

Pathetic.
    Won't you listen to reason .... Will you open your eyes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to missy For This Useful Post:

Stephen T-B (02-15-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solver View Post
    Let's all GO THROUGH THE EVIDENCE (including the tens of thousands of deleted emails), and we can probably ANSWER that question!
    Ok...what evidence is there between Hillary Clinton and the presidency of Donald Trump and firing of General Flynn?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missy View Post
    It's hilarious that we're still talking about emails, Benghazi and pizza gate. Can we take another look for obamas birth certificate while we're at it?

Translation: there is no defense for this mess we got ourselves into, but I will stand by my vote until to the end. Because I just can't admit I'm wrong. And I really really hate abortion, gays and muslims.

Pathetic.
    It does leave me wondering which alternative universe were in on any given post...really reminds me of the fundy Unitarian debates over the Trinity...about everything, everyone, and every possible subject other than the one being supposedly discussed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rene For This Useful Post:

Stephen T-B (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 984 Posts

It's hilarious that we're still talking about emails, Benghazi
    Yeah, you'd like those inconvenient facts to go away wouldn't you. . .they don't comport well with the thin veil of pious moralizing in your accusations regarding the same behavior in others.

It's called "double standard". . .and it's not complicated.

Ok...what evidence is there between Hillary Clinton and the presidency of Donald Trump and firing of General Flynn?
    Accusing others of the same behavior engaged in by those whose same behavior you defend.

Last edited by smoky; 02-15-2017 at 10:43 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smoky For This Useful Post:

solver (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We don't need to, actually, because we FOUND IT! But this one was NOT FABRICATED on a computer, using multi-layer PDF software, UNLIKE the FAKE that was offered by the white house, under Obama!

https://ia800502.us.archive.org/4/it...dium_512kb.mp4
    Last edited by solver; 02-15-2017 at 11:12 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to solver For This Useful Post:

smoky (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Yeah, you'd like those inconvenient facts to go away wouldn't you. . .they don't comport well with the thin veil of pious moralizing in your accusations regarding the same behavior in others.

Accusing others of the same behavior engaged in by those whose same behavior you defend.

No, I couldn't care less if they ever go away. Or if Hillary gets prosecuted and goes to jail. I really don't care because that's now what's important right now. Our country is in a real crisis and you people don't seem to much care. Can you give your perspective on current events, such as Flynn trump and Russia?
    Won't you listen to reason .... Will you open your eyes

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast