Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Source and Resource

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I think it sad that after such a long time you still have no thoughts of your own. It seems to be most common in the once saved Always bunch. There were others before you and Kimba. When i think of the copy paste or copy by typing threads, the OSASers are more likely to need this. Some like Kimba don't bother to quote their source. You do. But after all this studying why don't you have your own words to say what you think?
    I find it more important to share what I believe is most helpful, and the spiritual growth teachings from circa 1700-1800's is well more than what I can share personally.
    The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'" -MJS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NetChaplain View Post
    We just understand differently about this issue, and to be ungodly your desires would still be after the sinful nature, which is not descriptive of one born again. You'll eventually learn that a Christian still possess and is effected by the "old man" (sinful nature).
    You simply don't believe there is a rebirth, where ALL things are made new.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    I didn't say that an apple could become a peach. You did.

I said the apple could become rotten. Those who are born of Godly seed can fall away. This is clear from Scripture:

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
    You imply that a person born of God's seed CAN bring forth evil fruit.
    I, and 1 John 3:9, disagree.

People who seem to "fall away" were never reborn of Godly seed to begin with.
    They manifest there progenitor by their fruit, even if they have hidden their real identity for years.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,784 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    On the contrary, we are supposed to hold on to the Doctrines that were delivered to us:

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    1. Paul, a man, delivered it to them. It was not scripture when he said it or wrote it.
    2. If a believer cannot express what he believes in his head, he does not believe it. He is not holding to it as it is really not his. If asked what he believes requires him to LOOK UP what someone else said, then he does not believe it. He has transferred what he believes to someone else. Now if scripture says in words what he believes, or it falls naturally that the words someone else wrote better express what he believes, that is something different. But to quote the whole writings of someone with nothing from oneself, means the believer does not really believe it.
    Hm? Is there no one in the world with whom you agree or who agrees with you about how to interpret the Bible.
    Well, the usual ad hominem from you when losing and no intellectual thoughts are present to add to the exchange. The NT does not provide BIble interpretation but merely more of the same OSAS doctrine. A few passages are thrown in. His own thoughts we do not know. He hides behind someone else.
    There are thousands of people whose words I could copy and paste to express my beliefs.
    As I said, those who cannot express their own beliefs but need borrowed thoughts obviously do not really believe or live it. When one lives it, one can also express it which is a lot easier than living it. But borrowed thoughts never lived need constant reminding of what one thinks.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I find it more important to share what I believe is most helpful, and the spiritual growth teachings from circa 1700-1800's is well more than what I can share personally.
    That which is not lived in the life of the person speaking has no power to touch others. One knows when a person who really believes and lives the teaching of scripture is speaking. There is power that comes from real life. The food that nourishes people is the stuff that a man has worked to provide. Cut and paste or reading and typing is borrowed food. If the original author had paid a price for what he provides it might bring something but those who adhere to OSAS and free salvation sans relationship/obedience to God never have to pay a price. Given the choice between death or denail of Christ before men, they can easily choose denial before men as they think there is never anything to lose by denying Christ before men. No need to deny themselves anything as their eternal security is sown up. I find the pieces comforting those in their sin. I find them void of any love for God at all. A lot of love for his salvation and the self and no love for God. All for the man, nothing for the Saviour.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    You simply don't believe there is a rebirth, where ALL things are made new.
    You simply don't see that if there is a rebirth, one can see that ALL things are made new. One does not have to convince oneself it happened if no one, including God, can see the difference. You believe it because you tell yourself God is able to do it. We do not believe it because we look at your life and see that while He is able, He was not willing as it did not happen as described in the Bible. That is the difference. You look in the mirror and say "it happened" and we look at you and say "where?"
    ------------------------

Thanks

That which is not lived in the life of the person speaking has no power to touch others. One knows when a person who really believes and lives the teaching of scripture is speaking.
    We cannot be certain concerning the truth of other's lives without spending enough time in their presence. Just sharing on the internet does not confirm (only indicate) to others that God is or isn't working in you. We can only measure by how what is being presented collates with Scripture according to our understanding, which is at varying levels between all. I always look for the Lord's Word from other saints who have much study in it, not as much concerning their personal opinion of the Word, because we are infallible.
    Last edited by NetChaplain; 02-17-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'" -MJS

Thanks

You simply don't see that if there is a rebirth, one can see that ALL things are made new.
    If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't have cited the scripture to someone else.

One does not have to convince oneself it happened if no one, including God, can see the difference. You believe it because you tell yourself God is able to do it. We do not believe it because we look at your life and see that while He is able, He was not willing as it did not happen as described in the Bible. That is the difference. You look in the mirror and say "it happened" and we look at you and say "where?"
    That is a derail.
    It could also be considered a personal attack.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip2 For This Useful Post:

MM501 (02-18-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

1. Paul, a man, delivered it to them.
    How does that help you? St. Paul delivered the Word of God by Sacred Tradition. As the Scripture says:

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

It was not scripture when he said it or wrote it.
    But it was the Word of God:

1 Thessalonians 2:13King James Version (KJV)

13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2. If a believer cannot express what he believes in his head, he does not believe it....
    Non sequitur. We're talking about believers who can research what others have taught and use them (copy and paste) to enhance their own teaching.

He is not holding to it as it is really not his.
    On the contrary, the Teaching of the Apostles, which has been passed down through the centuries, is ours. The fact that we share it does not diminish the fact that we own it with heart and soul.

If asked what he believes requires him to LOOK UP what someone else said, then he does not believe it.
    Another non sequitur. Choosing to look something up does not make it required.

He has transferred what he believes to someone else.
    We acknowledge those who have taught us the Word of God. That is called being grateful and giving credit where it's due.

Now if scripture says in words what he believes, or it falls naturally that the words someone else wrote better express what he believes, that is something different.
    So why are you assuming the worst?

But to quote the whole writings of someone with nothing from oneself, means the believer does not really believe it.
    On the contrary, that is merely your opinion. I see it as meaning that he loves the thought as expressed by someone else and feels it has no need of adding nor subtracting to it. Like a man looking at a beautiful painting. Adding to the painting would mar it. Subtracting from it would scar it. Thus, we leave them alone.

Well, the usual ad hominem from you when losing
    You're the one losing and you are changing the subject to avoid the embarrassment.

and no intellectual thoughts are present to add to the exchange.....
    You have expressed no intellectual thoughts. You are the person whom you are railing against. You seem to be upset that no one is copying and pasting your thoughts. Unless someone agrees with you, wholeheartedly, you accuse them of ad hominem.

But you are not an authority of any sort. You can't demand that people express their thoughts in a way which Dottie approves. Unless you want to start your own forum where you are queen and you can then demand that all your rules be followed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We cannot be certain concerning the truth of other's lives without spending enough time in their presence. Just sharing on the internet does not confirm (only indicate) to others that God is or isn't working in you. We can only measure by how what is being presented collates with Scripture according to our understanding, which is at varying levels between all. I always look for the Lord's Word from other saints who have much study in it, not as much concerning their personal opinion of the Word, because we are infallible.
    When people write as much as some of them do here, one can tell a great deal about them. More so than what they do. It is a lot easier to fool people as to who the real you is when you only observe what they do. Actors do this all the time. It is a lot harder when you have to write your thoughts. But it does occur to me that is why some people like to cut and paste the thoughts of others so much. They are hiding who they really are. When you write what you think, we know who you really are, if you write enough.

We obviously have a different opinion on this. Jesus said though that by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. I see a person's words as telling a great deal, more so that deeds. No clothes on words and so a man's naked thoughts are exposed. "We cannot but tell" who we are. I, at least, can tell a great deal from what a person writes. I can tell this from books they write as well, not just posts here. Both what they say and what they do not say tell me a great deal, if they write enough. (Only a small bit of writing only might hint at best at the truth.)

Phil2 has out and out sinned against others by bearing false witness, which is done in words and only words. "Bearing false witness" is done by words. He did not repent which tells me something as well. When a man says he is without sin/freed from sin/holy/blameless 24/7, then it bears closer observation. He failed at the test that ought to be done by any believer who meets a man who claims to be freed from sin/without sin/holy/righteous/etc.
    Last edited by Dottie; 02-18-2017 at 06:20 AM.
    ------------------------

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast