Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: My Source and Resource

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,952
    Thanks
    421
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,005 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Have you ever heard of "rotten" apples?
    The apple will never be a peach.
    Those born of Godly seed will never be unGodly.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,952
    Thanks
    421
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,005 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetChaplain View Post
    I know what you mean Phil and I used to think one reborn could live without sinning, same as most who also thought so, but God shows us in time concerning the truth of this issue. Even if those reborn were meant to be sinless and live without sinning, there would be no difference in God's favor in us, because it's based on His Son, and us in our new nature which is "created after His image" (Col 3:10).

    It's the Christian in the new nature ("seed" - 1 Jhn 3:9), when "walking in the Spirit" (Gal 5:25) that "does not sin", but we weren't intended to be completely sinless until the Body of Christ is united simultaneously at the first resurrection.

    Blessings to your Family!
    Your doctrine endorses sin.
    That can't be of God.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    32,766
    Thanks
    4,290
    Thanked 5,534 Times in 4,624 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    Your doctrine endorses sin.
    That can't be of God.
    There is so much wrong with the posts that Net Chaplain posts, which are just copied and pasted from someone else, it is hard to know where to begin. But comforting believers IN their sin is certainly true.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 135 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    The apple will never be a peach.
    Those born of Godly seed will never be unGodly.
    We just understand differently about this issue, and to be ungodly your desires would still be after the sinful nature, which is not descriptive of one born again. You'll eventually learn that a Christian still possess and is effected by the "old man" (sinful nature).
    The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'" -MJS

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 126 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    The apple will never be a peach.
    Those born of Godly seed will never be unGodly.
    I didn't say that an apple could become a peach. You did.

    I said the apple could become rotten. Those who are born of Godly seed can fall away. This is clear from Scripture:

    Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 135 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    There is so much wrong with the posts that Net Chaplain posts, which are just copied and pasted from someone else, it is hard to know where to begin. But comforting believers IN their sin is certainly true.
    Hi Dottie - Just wanted you to know that the posts I make with those articles from Christian authors are all typed not copied, because the materials on the average are a few hundred years old and thus are out of print. I was fortunate enough to discover these materials years ago from one who had already compiled them in book form. MJSbooks.com "The Position Papers.

    Before I decided to share them on the internet I had to study them for a few years (about 16 years now) so I could understand them enough myself to share them and correspond with others in them. I also knew most would not initially understand them, same as myself but many believers are progressing as I have in understanding their worth concerning the spiritual growth truths in the Pauline Epistles, so I continue to share them.

    Blessings!
    The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ.'" -MJS

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    32,766
    Thanks
    4,290
    Thanked 5,534 Times in 4,624 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NetChaplain View Post
    Hi Dottie - Just wanted you to know that the posts I make with those articles from Christian authors are all typed not copied, because the materials on the average are a few hundred years old and thus are out of print. I was fortunate enough to discover these materials years ago from one who had already compiled them in book form. MJSbooks.com "The Position Papers.

    Before I decided to share them on the internet I had to study them for a few years (about 16 years now) so I could understand them enough myself to share them and correspond with others in them. I also knew most would not initially understand them, same as myself but many believers are progressing as I have in understanding their worth concerning the spiritual growth truths in the Pauline Epistles, so I continue to share them.

    Blessings!
    I think it sad that after such a long time you still have no thoughts of your own. It seems to be most common in the once saved Always bunch. There were others before you and Kimba. When i think of the copy paste or copy by typing threads, the OSASers are more likely to need this. Some like Kimba don't bother to quote their source. You do. But after all this studying why don't you have your own words to say what you think?
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 126 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    I think it sad that after such a long time you still have no thoughts of your own.....
    1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

    Everything we have was given to us, by God. When it comes to God's revelation, if we have a thought of our own, it is probably an error.

    We stand upon the shoulders of giants. Although I believe he has chosen the wrong teachers, I agree with NC's humble approach to understanding the Word of God:

    Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    32,766
    Thanks
    4,290
    Thanked 5,534 Times in 4,624 Posts
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

    Everything we have was given to us, by God. When it comes to God's revelation, if we have a thought of our own, it is probably an error.

    We stand upon the shoulders of giants. Although I believe he has chosen the wrong teachers, I agree with NC's humble approach to understanding the Word of God:

    Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
    Be ready to give an answer to every man for the hope that is within you. The writers of the Bible had thoughts, you know. We are also told to love God with our minds. IF we have no thoughts but that which is borrowed, the we are not loving GOd with our minds.

    What is more, the threads Net Chaplain are NOT only Bible translation but the thoughts of a man. Just a man. Not an inspired man, but a man and yes, those thoughts are wrong. They are the author's own thoughts and in error. The sad part is those who swallow it hook, line and sinker but cannot share their own thoughts. IT is like,

    "What do you I believe about God? Wait a minute and I will copy and paste what someone else thinks about the scripture who interprets it for me and tell me what to think."
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,288
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 126 Times in 111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Be ready to give an answer to every man for the hope that is within you. The writers of the Bible had thoughts, you know. We are also told to love God with our minds. IF we have no thoughts but that which is borrowed, the we are not loving GOd with our minds.
    On the contrary, we are supposed to hold on to the Doctrines that were delivered to us:

    Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

    What is more, the threads Net Chaplain are NOT only Bible translation but the thoughts of a man. Just a man. Not an inspired man, but a man and yes, those thoughts are wrong. They are the author's own thoughts and in error. The sad part is those who swallow it hook, line and sinker but cannot share their own thoughts. IT is like,

    "What do you I believe about God? Wait a minute and I will copy and paste what someone else thinks about the scripture who interprets it for me and tell me what to think."
    Hm? Is there no one in the world with whom you agree or who agrees with you about how to interpret the Bible. There are thousands of people whose words I could copy and paste to express my beliefs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •