Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump about to lose two of his advisers

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Blog Entries

Actually if I remember right, things were slowly getting better. Just not fast enough for some people.

It was Trump who claimed things were going bad fast and Trump who made false claims about the murder rate and "carnage" but none of his claims were true.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfKC View Post
    Oh, so you swallowed that nonsense about the ""mess" he inherited
    No, I've been observing for years the mess he inherited.

It was a pathetic performance by a POTUS. He actually makes GWB look like a prince.
    I love 'em both. . .and am having no problem with Trump. . .he's doing what we elected him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Actually if I remember right, things were slowly getting better. Just not fast enough for some people.

It was Trump who claimed things were going bad fast and Trump who made false claims about the murder rate and "carnage" but none of his claims were true.
    As long as the shooting and "carnage" didn't affect you. . .

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    It will happen to you before it does to him.
    What will happen to me before what does what to him?
    "True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it."Karl K. Popper

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    What will happen to me before what does what to him?
    You can link back to it from here.

To get things done? He's a dealmaker, he doesn't have to learn that part.
    Correct.

What he has to learn is how to stop alienating others and how to foym coalitions.
    stop alienating who? Democrats? Why?

It's called politics.
    True....and in politics the Republicans have won a majority of the House of Representatives, a majority of the Senate, a majority of Governorships and a majority of seats of state legislatures....

There are coalitions, but they're coalitions within the 'right/libertarian' groups (social conservatives, pro-business conservatives, etc....). You form broader coalitions when you don't have a majority...

And you believe Trump is enjoying policy support?
    I already posted the Pew results, but here's a summary from Politico: Link

Across the board, Trump is finding strong support for nearly all of his policy prescriptions. Fifty-four percent of those surveyed said they approve of Trump’s new immigration restrictions, which curtail the flow of people from seven Muslim-majority countries.
    ...His immigration ban was a disaster....
    Well, the Democrats certainly made a lot of hay out of it. On the other hand, it sent a clear message to the world. Early reports are that fewer people are showing up at the southern border and I imagine some folks are re-thinking if they want to come here.....that may change but it has the short term effect of slowing migration (both legal and illegal) while the Trump admin figures out their next steps.

.... and even his promise to repeal Obamacare is running into Republican opposition.
    Agree. And some of those folks are taking pressure inside the party...hopefully more will take pressure "at home" and be primaried by folks who will follow through on their promises....

YOU may like what he's doing but that's not gonna help him get reelected.
    True....but if enough people in enough states like what he's doing...that will get him re-elected. Literally no one in California, our most populated state, could vote for him and it wouldn't matter.

And...he's not expanding his base, he eroding it.
    Is he? Got some evidence of that claim?
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Another of your non answers.
    "True ignorance is not the absence of knowledge, but the refusal to acquire it."Karl K. Popper

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen T-B View Post
    Another of your non answers.
    Does that mean, "I don't know how"?

Click on the button next to the name of the poster at the top of each posting (including this one), as it takes you back through the thread to the post in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondering View Post
    Is he? Got some evidence of that claim?
    We won't know for sure until the midterms but in the meantime his approval number = 40%.

The prez cited a Rasmussen poll yesterday which nobody in Congress believes.

He also said he got 306 electoral votes but it was 304. Lie.

He claimed the biggest electoral college victory since Reagan. Another lie.

So there you go. Hardly the stuff of leadership.

Bottom line: NOT adding to your base and expanding support over time is the same as eroding it.

And let's see how it goes from here, shall we?

We won't know for sure until the midterms but in the meantime his approval number = 40%.
    According to some polls....but again...we're 30 days into the administration....and as I said before [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/18/obama-climbs-to-60-percent-approval-in-final-presidential-approval-rating-post-abc-poll-finds/?utm_term=.46d538c5e1eb]Obama's "approval" rating remained high throughout almost his entire presidency[/ur] while when folks were asked "right track/wrong track", a large majority, averaging around 60% said we were on the "wrong track"...I didn't see Obama shift his policies based on the "right track/wrong track" findings....

The prez cited a Rasmussen poll yesterday which nobody in Congress believes.
    Really? You've heard back from all 435 members of the House and all 100 Senators? Cool. That's some real "inside the beltway" contact list you must have....

He also said he got 306 electoral votes but it was 304. Lie.
    He should have had 306. Two faithless electors refused to follow the will of the people. As to "lie"....meh....not nearly as bad as:
    a) "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"
    b) Bengazhi was caused by a youtube video
    c) "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

He claimed the biggest electoral college victory since Reagan. Another lie.
    Is it a lie if someone say "I was told..." "I heard...." "who knows...."....Trump used lots of that kind of language....What he has effectively done is cause the Left and Main Stream Media (but I repeat myself) to go chasing off after that rabbit....screaming their fool heads off....looking like jackasses.....Which is probably why he does it. Meanwhile, Joe Public:
    a) doesn't care...they just see "Trump won"
    b) the media cares about this alot....why? There's more important stuff to do...

Trump wins everytime the Left goes off on this crap....Your best option is to ignore it....but they seem literally incapable of doing that.

So there you go. Hardly the stuff of leadership.
    Well...if that's all you've got....you've got a pretty low bar for "leadership"....

Bottom line: NOT adding to your base and expanding support over time is the same as eroding it.
    Is it? I know the Left keeps telling me support for him is eroding....but they also said Hillary would win in a landslide....they also said Trump couldn't win the nomination.....Turns out, there appear to be alot of "shy" Trump voters....so....we'll see.

And let's see how it goes from here, shall we?
    completely agree....
    “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” - Ronald Reagan
    "This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." Ronald Reagan (1964)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast