Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Secret To Loving The Lord

Thanks
    Thanked 5,725 Times in 4,784 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MM501 View Post
    It is clear that Paul was given a revelation not given to other generations:

[5] Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
    [6] That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The revelation was that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

There is much in Paul's letter to the Ephesians that Kimba seems to count of little importance.

Eph.4
    [1] I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

"Walking worthy" is something Paul "beseeches" us to do (which I have read as "implore").
    I think there is enough contained in those two words "walk worthy" to keep one busy for a lifetime striving to live up to.

[2] With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

This somehow translates to "self-righteousness" by the "dispensation of grace" preachers?

[17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

This is another admonishment to action, in how we are to walk.
    Also, note he is primarily speaking to Gentiles since he says not as "other" Gentiles walk.
    This brings us back to the revelation given to Paul, the mystery "that the Gentiles should be fellowheirs"

[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

More self-righteousness ?
    Paul is telling us what to "do", that we must change the entire conversation of our lives?

23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
    [24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
    [25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
    [26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
    [27] Neither give place to the devil.
    [28] Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
    [29] Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
    [30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
    [31] Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    [32] And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I have some idea where these "dispensation of grace" teachers that teach "do nothing" get their spirit from.

Matt.13
    [25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
    My grandma used to say that the foursquare church was the only one in the Bible. She said it cause the word "foursquare" appears in the Bible. This "dispensation of grace" is like that. They find the words, ignore the ones inbetween them and call it a Bible doctrine. Does not matter if it appeared only once and never taught as they teach it. That the words are in the Bible is all that matters. Anything to avoid that unpleasant obedience to the teaching of Christ.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

MM501 (02-14-2017)

Thanks

If you love your neighbor, you then love the Lord.
    Plain and simple.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ludwig For This Useful Post:

Philip (02-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    My grandma used to say that the foursquare church was the only one in the Bible. She said it cause the word "foursquare" appears in the Bible. This "dispensation of grace" is like that. They find the words, ignore the ones inbetween them and call it a Bible doctrine. Does not matter if it appeared only once and never taught as they teach it. That the words are in the Bible is all that matters. Anything to avoid that unpleasant obedience to the teaching of Christ.
    I would say the words of the bible do matter, but you can't ignore 3/4 of them... actually its worse than that, they take what we are told "we must do" and turn it upside down to "ye must not do" or you are a self-righteous sinner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MM501 View Post
    I would say the words of the bible do matter, but you can't ignore 3/4 of them... actually its worse than that, they take what we are told "we must do" and turn it upside down to "ye must not do" or you are a self-righteous sinner.
    Yes it is true. IT seems that having "no righteousness of my own" means a disdain for doing anything good for anyone...and they are proud of it. "Whatever you do, do not do ANY GOOD WORKS for God or man" seems to be the battle cry. Tell them God was pleased with something and they just about hate you.

In the end it will boil down to who wanted truth, even if uncomfortable, and who wants comfortable doctrine.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Plain and simple.
    Ah but some despise any good works as works salvation and not trusting Jesus. "No righteous deeds lest you boast"
    is the cry.
    ------------------------

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dottie For This Useful Post:

ludwig (02-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,998 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
    Plain and simple.
    I hope this is not the only good point that came out of this thread. But, if it is.....well, at least something positive was said.
    For when nothing can be as it is, then whatever is turns into nothing. Yehushuan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12