Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Jesus only “knows” believers who are obedient

Thanks
    Thanked 3,913 Times in 3,370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nolidad View Post
    You can play all the word games you want- but you still profess that you never sin anymore 24/7 which makes you a liar and the truth is not in you!
    I do not play games concerning Scripture.

I do not lie.

However YOU make a precise accusation ~ SO prove your accusation, lest you be the liar by your false testimony.

Precisely I claim I have fulfilled scripture and have become BORN OF GOD.

YOU have testified, that I have LIED ~ PROVE IT ~ Prove the Spirit of TRUTH is not IN ME!

And while you are at it ~ PROVE those who fulfill scripture ~ continue to sin.

1 John 1 [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Prove I have NOT fulfill ^ scripture.

1 John 5 [18] We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not;

Prove this scripture fulfilled ^ is false.

1 John 3 [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Prove this scripture fulfilled ^ is false.

Prove I am NOT included in "whosoever".

John.14

[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Prove the Spirit of Truth does not dwell with me, in me.

John.16

[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Prove the Spirit of truth does not guide me, teach me, show me things to come.

I know when I sin and I use 1 JOhn 1:9.
    Scripture says WHOSOEVER is born of God, does not sin.
    Your testimony says "you sin".
    It really doesn't matter what scripture "you use"....You have not fulfilled being born of God, IF you continue to sin.

All men are born sinners and commit sin.....Some men CHOOSE to crucify that sinful flesh and become born again of Gods PURE SEED. That was MY CHOICE, and WHAT I FULFILLED. And Gods HOLY SEED remains IN ME.
    My sinful flesh is dead, and can sin no more. Gods Holy Spirit dwells IN ME. God does not dwell IN SIN. God does not hear sinners. My Lord God and myself have spiritual fellowship and communication. He knows me. I know Him.
    God does not hear sinners.

John 9: [31] Now we know that God heareth not sinners:

By YOUR OWN ADMISSION, you ARE a current and active SINNER.

Do not MAKE YOUR claim, to be my claim. It isn't!

If you have kids they must live very insecure-
    I do have kids and no they are not insecure. Even as toddlers they had 5 rules that continued to serve them well. Even my deaf child is superior to your knowledge and understanding in the Wholeness of God of whom they all have a relationship with.

9am they are your kids, they act bratty at 10 am and you disown them?
    Not in the least. But then I did not follow my kids, I lead them.
    Praise and Glory to Lord God Almighty, for His Great Name's Sake.

Thanks

Rachel wrote: Precisely I claim I have fulfilled scripture and have become BORN OF GOD.
    Dear Rachel,
    Don't get me wrong, for I believe both you and nol are wrong, but your self witnessing leads to the conclusion that your "testimony is not true" (John 5:31).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear Rachel,
    Don't get me wrong, for I believe both you and nol are wrong, but your self witnessing leads to the conclusion that your "testimony is not true" (John 5:31).
    You are without understanding. John 5:31 is not a stand alone scripture.
    Are you NOT familiar with WHEN that scripture applies and WHEN it is no longer applicable?

John 5:31 [31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    You are without understanding. John 5:31 is not a stand alone scripture.
    Are you NOT familiar with WHEN that scripture applies and WHEN it is no longer applicable?

Dear Rachel,
    John 5:31 does not stand alone, it is a reiteration of Dt 19:15, and Mt 18:16. Even your false prophet Paul reiterates Dt 19:15 at least two times, of course in an improper sense. He thought that repeating himself 3 times was equivalent of 3 witnesses. I am sure you have made your self witness at least 3 times as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,533 Times in 4,623 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Browner View Post
    Yes, but I meant what's up with ignoring ALL of the MANY warnings in their beloved NT?
    They, many of them, have been carefully trained to ignore the bits they do not like. They are taught phrases like "that is your interpretation" or "each many interprets it differently" even though no interpretation is involved in "if you love me you will keep my teaching and the father will love you." The idea is to avoid making the flesh/body obey anything unpleasant.
    Along with the other disasters ...
    Disobedience proves unbelief (Heb 3), and unbelief proves NO eternal life!
    Ah, but they are taught they are going to Heaven no matter how they behave. They are told God is able to do this. That they are supposed to obey is called "works salvation" and those who obey are accused of not really being saved. You will not believe the obvious blindness. It is so astounding that I have become convinced that there is a spiritual blindness that they willingly embraced. It is otherwise unable to be explained by a rational person. The enemy has many ways of deceiving men and bleeting like sheep is a really good one.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Browner View Post
    Do you mean the Lord has never wished any to perish, but has always desired that they come to repentance?
    That is what it says.
    Several verses teach us that God desires to be with those who have humble and contrite hearts.
    True.
    Could this be how He chooses who wilt be His precious elect (chosen ones).
    No one is chosen who does not choose.
    Several NT verses say ...
    humans do NOT want God,
    Some. Some do want God.
    humans do NOT have the ability to believe Jesus and His gospel,
    Where is this?
    etc. etc.
    Wanna see 'em?
    Yup.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes I do care that Jesus approves of me. I am approved of by my Father in heaven because of the blood Jesus shed that paid for all my sins.
    Where does it say this? I recall "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." THis is not "God approves of you."
    Because of that- I seek to please Him iin all I do- because of His enormous love for me!
    Why do you say that you are already approved of no matter what you do or do not do?
    My works do not enhance my salvation or if I fail to do the works He foreordained for me to walk in does it take away from my Salvation! It only affects my fellowship with God (not my relationship) and the level of rewards I may obtasin.
    This is true unless your deeds gradually fall into a category where you again return to the darknes from which you were saved.
    Sins have been paid for and done away with.
    Until you do them again. Then one needs to repent again and ask for forgiveness.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The NT does not have one verse that says salvation can ber lost- it is our misunderstanding of the verse that makes us think so.
    There is not one verse that says salvation is a done deal in the past and can never be changed. People are not named as being "saved" in the past as a done deal. They were saved from sin but if they return to do as Jesus said people sometimes do after a time of believing, they fall away. "Fall away" and "depart" from the faith is losing salvation. No one is saved whether they endure to the end or not.
    Warning them against sin. Yes I warn people against sin and I know they cannot lose their salvation.
    Then the warning is only a "nice to have." Those of us who know that salvation can be lost have a real warning. What have they to lose by sinning in your theology? Nothing worth mentioning.
    If eternal life can be lost then it was not eternal!
    We are not yet where eternity, the eternal body, has started and mortal is over. Your statement is as logical as saying if one divorces then one was never really married.
    I know all the supposed proof passages and nearly all of them are misapplied and taken out of their context. Heb. 6 and 10 are the favorites.
    None of htem are misapplied and the excuses for the clear teaching border on the absurd.
    ------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear Rachel,
    John 5:31 does not stand alone, it is a reiteration of Dt 19:15, and Mt 18:16. Even your false prophet Paul reiterates Dt 19:15 at least two times, of course in an improper sense. He thought that repeating himself 3 times was equivalent of 3 witnesses. I am sure you have made your self witness at least 3 times as well.
    You are without understanding.

^ That scripture APPLIES to one WHOM, no others have FIRST testified of Him.

Once there is TESTIMONY of OTHERS, a man certainly CAN TESTIFY of HIMSELF.

In the Beginning when ONLY the Heavenly unseen LORD GOD is revealed ~
    He creates, He makes, He speaks, He introduces Himself, He shows His works.....

His thoughts, His word, His power; are His first witnesses.
    His creations are His witnesses to what He does and says.
    His creations begin witnessing OF HIM.
    He thereafter CAN and DOES witness of Himself.

When JESUS (the Word of God) is manifested on earth, the same occurs.
    The Angel of the LORD testifies to Mary.
    The Angel of the LORD testifies to Joseph.
    Mary testifies of JESUS.
    God testifies of JESUS.
    John the Baptist testifies of JESUS.
    Jesus' disciples begin testifying of JESUS.
    God in heaven testifies of JESUS.
    OT written scripture testifies of JESUS.
    Some Jews testify of JESUS.
    Some Gentiles testify of JESUS.
    Jesus' enemies testify of JESUS.
    The Holy Spirit testifies of JESUS.
    God in Heaven testifies JESUS IS God with us.
    God in Heaven testifies JESUS IS the CHRIST.

JESUS testifies of Jesus.

We have the CHOICE to BELIEVE the numerous testimonies of JESUS, or not.

Paul introduces Himself.
    Others testify of knowing Paul.
    Jesus testifies of Paul's resistance to Jesus.
    Witnesses were with Paul when Jesus' Spirit approached Paul.
    Paul submitted unto Christ Jesus with favor to serve the Lord.
    The Lord gave Paul a direction, a mission, and notified Paul of the grave difficulties it would be to serve the Lord.

Paul reveals his personal journey in life, of his race, of serving God, of rejecting Jesus, of learning about Jesus, of serving Jesus, of his own body subjected to rejection and death, because He chose to serve Christ Jesus, despite threats against him.

Paul had many witnesses testify of him, and thus could testify of himself.

And I have my own story, to which I feel no need to put into a book and reveal.
    If you require testimony of others, before you trust to believe my own testimony of myself, you will have to go search the forums of others that have testified of me.

In the meantime, YOU can review the Scriptures to see IF Jesus ever testified AGAINST God.
    In the meantime, YOU can review the Scriptures to see IF Paul ever testified AGAINST God.
    In the meantime, YOU can review the Scriptures to see IF Paul ever testified AGAINST Jesus AFTER His conversion.
    In the meantime, YOU can review the forum to see IF I ever testified AGAINST God, AGAINST Jesus.

And IF you find such, THEN you would have cause to challenge such speakers testimony.

Until such time.... you can SEE Jesus' own testimony of Himself in Scripture, Paul's testimony of himself in Scripture, and my own testimony of myself, on this forum,and understand, since others have testified of us, it is perfectly acceptable for each of us to testify of ourselves.

John.5

[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.(ie Jesus)

John 10:33

[33] The Jews answered him, ( ie Jesus) saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John.15

[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (ie Jesus)

Acts.9

[27] But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
    (ie Barnabas' testimony of Paul)

A recient testimony of Richard of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillett View Post
    [/U]Rachael...I know what is in your heart
    Thread: Some ideas on Baptism Post: #54

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    They, many of them, have been carefully trained to ignore the bits they do not like.
    You repeatedly have revealed, you do not comprehend the difference between;

one WHO openly claims to NOT believe certain parts of Scripture ~
    and
    one WHO openly claims to HAVE FULFILLED a Scripture ~

There is a HUGE difference.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast