Page 130 of 214 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2134

Thread: Misinterpretation of 1 John 3:9

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear ob,
    Apparently, before being born of the seed of God, the children of God sinned, confessed the sin, repented, and were born again. Unlike those who go around in an old wine skin, the children of God apparently acquired a new wine skin (Mt 9:17), which is able to hold the Spirit of God, the new wine, without bursting. When one turns from righteousness to wickedness, they will "die" (Ez 18:26). It is best not to try and make an excuse for why you sin. If you continue walking on the road to destruction, don't be surprised with what is at the end of the road. As for prejudgment, apparently the beast and the false prophet were judged prior to the white throne judgment (Rev 20:10).

New American Standard Bible Mt 9:17
    "Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved."
    Repeating what the Bible says about the facts of God's universe, mainly that all men sin, in ways they even do not imagine, is neither condoning, justifying nor excusing sinning.

Just in case no one has pointed this out to you before.

Because you seem to want to say one can justify murder because all people die anyway, so I am correcting this erroneous view.

The beast and false prophet, having been prophesied as being non-repentant (in the case of the beast, directly for destruction), will be non-repentant (as proven by their actions of being captured still engaged in opposition and immediately tossed into the fire--immediate judgment while still alive). No further judgment is required as their course and fate is predestined and thus, not "pre-judged".

When a Christian becomes a new creation, they no longer sin as a matter of course. Their sinful nature has been reversed. Even Jesus tells you the "people of the nations" do good things, meaning they do not constantly sin 24/7. Sin is not a natural result of a Christian's nature anymore and, as such, bothers their conscience and causes distress, and is something they avoid and do not consider a valid solution to a problem. But Christians are not perfect, and thus, Jesus Christ is their high priest, advocating for them with the Father, on those times they might stumble out of weakness or ignorance.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    Paul writes..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Timothy 5:24)
    Matthew 10:15 Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town.

Matthew 11:22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you.

Matthew 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Their sins might be apparent, but they are not judged until the proper time, since a truly repentant sinner is always welcome.

As it is also written that "the wages of sin is death",
    And that the day of judgment happens once, when the dead rise.

God has graciously provided us an avenue of "death" here on earth.
    Which is why you and I will die. The question is, how will we fare when we stand before Jesus during judgment? Eternal life or destruction?

Interested in what that might be?
    Being born.

There were no Christians while Jesus was "alive".
    Of course there were.
    Acts 11:26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.
    Just because the term "Christians" had not been used before does not mean Jesus had no disciples, eh?

His prayer was, however, well suited to the Jews of the time.
    Who was Jesus teaching again?
    Luke 11:1
    Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.”
    Acts 11:26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.
    Looks like "Christians" to me.

BTW, it isn't "some" who say Christians are incapable of sinning, it is 1 John 3:9.
    It is 1 John 1:8 & 10 that says those who say they have no sin and have not sinned do not have Gods's truth in them and are in darkness.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    Their sins might be apparent, but they are not judged until the proper time, since a truly repentant sinner is always welcome.
    Two issues here...
    1st...A truly repentant person is an ex-sinner, and has been paid the wages of sin, death.
    2nd...Don't you believe Paul's 1 Tim 5:24?

And that the day of judgment happens once, when the dead rise.
    At the Lord's return, some will meet Him in the air.
    They already had their judgement and were found wanting, but by repentance and baptism into Christ were able to live the rest of their time without sinning again.
    Thanks be to God!

Which is why you and I will die. The question is, how will we fare when we stand before Jesus during judgment? Eternal life or destruction?
    I have already started my "eternity with God".
    I will live forever, with a new body.

Being born.
    Being "reborn". Of Godly seed that cannot bear evil fruit.

Of course there were.
    Until Jesus was raised from the dead, nobody could be "raised with Him to walk in newness of life".
    They were all still men of the flesh.

Just because the term "Christians" had not been used before does not mean Jesus had no disciples, eh?
    Disciple, in the OT, does not translate to "Christian".

Who was Jesus teaching again?
    Looks like "Christians" to me.
    Jews were being taught, until Gentiles also accepted the word.
    Either way though, nobody walked in the Spirit instead of in the flesh until after Jesus was raised from the dead.

It is 1 John 1:8 & 10 that says those who say they have no sin and have not sinned do not have Gods's truth in them and are in darkness.
    Quite true, if the claimants are still walking in the darkness.
    I walk in the light, and have had all my past sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
    Thanks be to God!
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Two issues here...
    1st...A truly repentant person is an ex-sinner, and has been paid the wages of sin, death.
    All men die. The scriptures tell me that, and why. But, I'm a reasonable man. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: If you are still alive in 100 years, I'll believe you to be sinless. Otherwise we'll all know you have been paid your wages and are just another stumbling block hiding in the darkness.

Sound fair?

2nd...Don't you believe Paul's 1 Tim 5:24?
    Sure do. I even believe

20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.
    21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

At the Lord's return, some will meet Him in the air.
    They already had their judgement and were found wanting, but by repentance and baptism into Christ were able to live the rest of their time without sinning again.
    Thanks be to God!
    Now, if you could only prove that "able to live the rest of their time without sinning again" with scriptures, you'd have something.

I have already started my "eternity with God".
    I will live forever, with a new body.
    Assuming you can get past "GO" while walking in the darkness of saying you h ave no sin.

Being "reborn". Of Godly seed that cannot bear evil fruit.
    Seed does not bear fruit. It "bears" plants. And, plants can go bad, fruit can get infested with parasites, etc., etc.

Until Jesus was raised from the dead, nobody could be "raised with Him to walk in newness of life".
    They were all still men of the flesh.

Disciple, in the OT, does not translate to "Christian".
    Uhh, dude. I quoted the NT, not the OT. See what I mean about you walking in darkness? It affects your whole being.

Jews were being taught, until Gentiles also accepted the word.
    Either way though, nobody walked in the Spirit instead of in the flesh until after Jesus was raised from the dead.
    His disciples were being taught, and his disciples were called "Christians" later on. Jesus was teaching "Christians", "the disciples of Christ".

Quite true, if the claimants are still walking in the darkness.
    I walk in the light, and have had all my past sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
    Thanks be to God!
    You are walking in the darkness.

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I see no exceptions there. That is why John says "WE" and "US", instead of "THEM" or "YOU" or "THEY".

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MM501 View Post
    More along the lines of "How can God hold someone accountable who is incapable of coming to any understanding of God and incapable of serving anything but his carnal flesh?
    I would say they are judged by the law of their hearts. What they judge themselves and others by. They are subject to that law, but they are not subject to the law of God.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

Thanks

You blew it again.

You have no longer made it about lying or not.

You are now simply bent on murder.

And you have missed the point from the beginning.

It was never about saving myself.
    I don't think the man really cares what point you are trying to make.

You chose to do something that you thought would get you out of the situation. It turns out that there was more to it than you originally perceived. Surely you aught to be able to apply your logic to all situations, not just the ones that you have carefully crafted. So if God has your back, what is your next move?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I don't think the man really cares what point you are trying to make.

You chose to do something that you thought would get you out of the situation. It turns out that there was more to it than you originally perceived. Surely you aught to be able to apply your logic to all situations, not just the ones that you have carefully crafted. So if God has your back, what is your next move?
    I did something on faith rather than nothing on fear of doing the wrong thing.

I have answered your challenges three times now.

Satan only tried Job twice, and Jesus thrice.

Do you look to exceed him with me?

You forgot the original issue in your attempts to squirm out of a simple decision and now, three times, to get someone to stumble as you did.

When you understand why that is, you might understand how God could call Abraham His friend.

Thanks

Repeating what the Bible says about the facts of God's universe, mainly that all men sin, in ways they even do not imagine, is neither condoning, justifying nor excusing sinning.

Just in case no one has pointed this out to you before.

Because you seem to want to say one can justify murder because all people die anyway, so I am correcting this erroneous view.

The beast and false prophet, having been prophesied as being non-repentant (in the case of the beast, directly for destruction), will be non-repentant (as proven by their actions of being captured still engaged in opposition and immediately tossed into the fire--immediate judgment while still alive). No further judgment is required as their course and fate is predestined and thus, not "pre-judged".

When a Christian becomes a new creation, they no longer sin as a matter of course. Their sinful nature has been reversed. Even Jesus tells you the "people of the nations" do good things, meaning they do not constantly sin 24/7. Sin is not a natural result of a Christian's nature anymore and, as such, bothers their conscience and causes distress, and is something they avoid and do not consider a valid solution to a problem. But Christians are not perfect, and thus, Jesus Christ is their high priest, advocating for them with the Father, on those times they might stumble out of weakness or ignorance.
    Dear ob,
    You seem to fail to realize that the "awesome day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31) is but a day of judgment (Amos 5:20). At that time, the "tares" will be "gathered up" and dealt with (Mt 13:30). "Tares" are those who appear to be similar to wheat, but have no fruit. According to Mt 13:41, it would be those who "commit lawlessness", which would be indicative of the followers of Paul and his Romans 7:6. As for "Christians" "become a new creation", it may be so, but they apparently are heading toward "destruction" (Mt 7:13), and this in spite of any obfuscation you might want to apply.

New American Standard Bible Amos 5:20
    Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of light, Even gloom with no brightness in it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by An Onymous Brother
    A woman you know pounds on your door at night. You open the door, see she is beaten and bloodied.
    "Please help me! He'll kill me if he finds me!"
    You let her in.
    Couple of minutes later, the door crashes open and a guy with a shotgun points the weapon at you.
    "Where is she? Did she come in here?"
    There are many things you could do if you had time, but the way this plays out, you have two choices.
    1) Lie and save your life, the woman's life and the lives of your family in your house.
    2) Tell the truth and you all die.
    You could preach the gospel to the shotgun wielding man so that his murderous rage might pass away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I would say they are judged by the law of their hearts. What they judge themselves and others by. They are subject to that law, but they are not subject to the law of God.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )
    But if there is no capability to do otherwise, that, to me, would be unfair judgment.

Can a man blind from birth be condemned because he cannot see?