Page 129 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2134

Thread: Misinterpretation of 1 John 3:9

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    "Do you think I was born yesterday? I saw her come in here. Now, you can either tell me where she is hiding, or ill kill you and find her anyway."
    You just blew it.

He had already admitted he did not know where she went when he burst into the home. Or he would have just shot you when he came in.

Stop wriggling.

I already answered your challenge twice.
    "You [the Father], the Only True God" -- Jesus Christ (1st Century CE)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by An Onymous Brother View Post
    You just blew it.

He had already admitted he did not know where she went when he burst into the home. Or he would have just shot you when he came in.

Stop wriggling.

I already answered your challenge twice.
    Yes, you're right. Let me try again.

Another man enters your house, your neighbour, and another man behind him, holding a gun to your neighbour. Your neighbor says "I'm sorry, he was going to kill my wife."

The second gunman says "This guy says he saw her go in to this house."

"Are you trying to hide her? If you're lying to me, im gonna kill you and your family. Search the house, Jake." He says to the other guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I think you make a mistake when you inject your own thoughts and words into the Bible to fit your own narrative. It is a common practice in MCC but I don’t think it helps our understanding of His Word.

"By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh."

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

"What God has cleansed, let no man call common or unclean"

Jesus didn't say Abel wasn't good anywhere in the bible. That is your words, your mind, your thinking. God is pretty clear that Abel was good. Abraham was good as well. And others as is clearly shown. Jesus, as a man and humble servant of God, knew the danger of pride and didn't let the deceivers of His time flatter Him into sin. But I don't think there is anyone with knowledge of God who doesn't recognize that Jesus was a righteous man, especially Him.
    You believe that Jesus was lying to them to prevent flattery and pride? I think there are a few other verses you'll need to explain if you believe that.

But instead of brushing his words aside, why not consider them when looking at the other verses? They are very definite words:

"Why callest thou me good? there is none (not one) good but one (uno), that is, God (not Abel, or Abraham, etc)."

As you have clearly shown, there are people who have done righteous works, and good works, who have been called righteous, and called good. I believe there is an answer that makes neither Jesus a liar, nor God's witness false. But if you have no desire to look for it, you will not find it.

As I said before, I think the answer is in Isaiah. And you also quoted another verse that said it (you ironically capitalised the principle word).

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and HIS righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

If we believe that "his righteousness" as a thing that he has shown us, and we try to emulate, then it fits with all of those verses you quoted, but it does not fit with Jesus' words. Because God has taught us to be good of ourselves, such that there is another who is good, aside from God.

If we believe that no man does righteous works, then we deny those verses you quote, but it fits with Jesus' words.

If we believe that our righteousness is not of ourselves, because we can do nothing of ourselves. If we believe that the works were finished from the foundation of the world, and that God has entered into rest, yet still works by Jesus, for example (Joh 5:17). If we believe that one who has entered into his rest has ceased form his own works, and yet he works, as Jesus worked. If we believe that our good works are a result of the grace of God (divine influence on the heart), and that every man is given a measure of faith, which enables grace. Then we agree with both Jesus' words, and all of those verses you quoted. And no one is a liar, and no verses need to be ignored.

You should learn what Paul is teaching the Gentiles here. It would help your understanding a great deal.
    While I appreciate the study I am cautious about why you are setting up this narrative. Saying it is God that makes me do good does not make me or you righteous. DOING what Jesus says to do, is what the Bible teaches. IMHO.
    Thank you, I will take it on board. And I think it would help you to learn what he is saying here:

1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, you're right. Let me try again.

Another man enters your house, your neighbour, and another man behind him, holding a gun to your neighbour. Your neighbor says "I'm sorry, he was going to kill my wife."

The second gunman says "This guy says he saw her go in to this house."

"Are you trying to hide her? If you're lying to me, im gonna kill you and your family. Search the house, Jake." He says to the other guy.
    th.jpg

"I am trying to get you out of my house and the fastest way is to take you where she is. Are you coming or not? The longer you wait the better the chances of a SWAT team arriving and everyone getting killed."

Why be lukewarm, eh? Take a stand and trust in God. I have faith He has my back.

Thanks

Have you been "reborn"? If so, how is it like to be unable to sin?

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
    Dear ob,
    "Nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." (Mt 11:27)

Thanks

th.jpg

"I am trying to get you out of my house and the fastest way is to take you where she is. Are you coming or not? The longer you wait the better the chances of a SWAT team arriving and everyone getting killed."

Why be lukewarm, eh? Take a stand and trust in God. I have faith He has my back.
    "Hahaha! Good one. You just stand right where you are, and shut your mouth."

A couple of mitutes later you hear "I found her!" from another room.

What's your next dicision? How will YOU save yourself and the girl?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"Hahaha! Good one. You just stand right where you are, and shut your mouth."

A couple of mitutes later you hear "I found her!" from another room.

What's your next dicision? How will YOU save yourself and the girl?
    You blew it again.

You have no longer made it about lying or not.

You are now simply bent on murder.

And you have missed the point from the beginning.

It was never about saving myself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear ob,
    "Nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." (Mt 11:27)
    Still leaves out the "seeing" part.

Does Jesus erase a Christian's memory if they sin?

Does Jesus judge before the day of judgment?

Why did Jesus teach Christians such a silly thing to pray for daily, like:

Luke 11:1~4
    Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.”
    And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name.
    Your kingdom come.
    Give us each day our daily bread,
    and forgive us our sins,
    for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
    And lead us not into temptation.”

when Christians, according to some, ARE INCAPABLE OF SINNING?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 1,032 Posts

Paul writes..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Timothy 5:24)
    As it is also written that "the wages of sin is death", God has graciously provided us an avenue of "death" here on earth.
    Interested in what that might be?

There were no Christians while Jesus was "alive".
    His prayer was, however, well suited to the Jews of the time.

BTW, it isn't "some" who say Christians are incapable of sinning, it is 1 John 3:9.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks

Still leaves out the "seeing" part.

Does Jesus erase a Christian's memory if they sin?

Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.”
    And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name.
    Your kingdom come.
    Give us each day our daily bread,
    and forgive us our sins,
    for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
    And lead us not into temptation.”

Dear ob,
    Apparently, before being born of the seed of God, the children of God sinned, confessed the sin, repented, and were born again. Unlike those who go around in an old wine skin, the children of God apparently acquired a new wine skin (Mt 9:17), which is able to hold the Spirit of God, the new wine, without bursting. When one turns from righteousness to wickedness, they will "die" (Ez 18:26). It is best not to try and make an excuse for why you sin. If you continue walking on the road to destruction, don't be surprised with what is at the end of the road. As for prejudgment, apparently the beast and the false prophet were judged prior to the white throne judgment (Rev 20:10).

New American Standard Bible Mt 9:17
    "Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved."