Page 18 of 214 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Misinterpretation of 1 John 3:9

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    As it always has. By faith in the Word of God
    Wasn't sin forgiven by animal sacrifice?
    Or is that included in "faith in the word of God"?
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Philip2 For This Useful Post:

Yehushuan (02-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 924 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, but Jesus confirmed Moses would.
    jig,

I think you missed the point big time.

Moses didn't condemn them. Their own claim to Moses condemned them since they did not do what they preached.

(Mat 12:37 KJV) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(Mat 23:2-3 KJV) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Since this seems completely new to you, any further progress would need to be in person or by divine revelation. A forum discussion will not suffice.

Yehu
    "Everybody thinks they're doing the right thing." - Gordon Anke
    (One of wisest men I've known.)

Current ignore list: JimD, De Maria, Agape, smoky

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    EXACTLY !!

Faith in animal sacrifice because that's what the word of the Lord to Moses said.

THANK YOU !!

Jesus taught something else completely, and paid with His blood to establish His new covenant unlike Moses. Jesus clearly taught that God was your Father in heaven and if you wanted forgiveness all you had to do was ask.

I cannot fathom that it is so hard to understand that the Gospel of Moses was animal sacrifice.

Yehu

PS: But I would rather not hijack this thread. Please.
    PPS: And to forgive others of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip2 View Post
    No. Sin has always been forgiven by faith in Christ, the Word of God, which animal sacrifice foreshadowed:

"For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices: But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you."
    Jer.7:22-23

"Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure." Heb.10:5-6

"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? Isa.1:11-12

"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings." Hos.6:6

"But go and learn what that means..." Mt.9:13

It is the Word of God. Jesus didn't die in place of sinners. He died teaching God freely forgives the repentant and rose from the dead so we would have no doubt.
    Last edited by jig; 02-17-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yehushuan View Post
    jig,

I think you missed the point big time.

Moses didn't condemn them. Their own claim to Moses condemned them since they did not do what they preached.
    Yes I know. That's the curse of the law.

(Mat 12:37 KJV) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
    A verse people have no fear of.

(Mat 23:2-3 KJV) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
    Self righteousness. We've all been there. Many still are.

Since this seems completely new to you, any further progress would need to be in person or by divine revelation. A forum discussion will not suffice.
    EXACTLY !!*

Faith in animal sacrifice because that's what the word of the Lord to Moses said.

THANK YOU !!

Jesus taught something else completely, and paid with His blood to establish His new covenant unlike Moses. Jesus clearly taught that God was your Father in heaven and if you wanted forgiveness all you had to do was ask.

I cannot fathom that it is so hard to understand that the Gospel of Moses was animal sacrifice.

Yehu
    Sounds like it's you who needs Divine revelation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,168 Posts

Jesus taught something else completely
    Deut.6
    [5] And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lev.19
    [18] ... thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM501 For This Useful Post:

Geoff (03-16-2017), jig (02-17-2017), Rachel (02-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,916 Times in 3,372 Posts

The Word of God came forth out from God and BY Gods Word were things created and made.

It has ALWAYS been from the beginning of mankind; mankind's adherence to the Word of God; that individual men become favored, given Grace, blessed, and reconciled unto God......

precisely because individual men become trusting, faithful, willfully subjecting themselves to the Word of God.

The mystery revealed is the Word of God, was manifested in the flesh, given names and titles to call Him, seen of mankind, testified of mankind, gave that body of flesh unto death, and spiritually dwells in men WHO CHOOSE to trust and be faithful to the Word of God.

Dead animals, animal's blood do not forgive sin. Only God forgives sin.

Praise and Glory to Lord God Almighty, for His Great Name's Sake.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachel For This Useful Post:

jig (02-17-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MM501 View Post
    Deut.6
    [5] And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Lev.19
    [18] ... thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
    I never said Everything was different.

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus says "BUT I say unto you" 11 times, in opposition to what they had learned from Moses. AND he eliminated animal sacrifice as necessary for forgiveness.

You deny there was a New Covenant? If not, then why was there a need for one? To what extent is Jesus greater than Moses?

Cut to the chase... Was the gospel of Jesus ANY different from the gospel of Moses?

Yehushuan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 1,040 Posts

No. Sin has always been forgiven by faith in Christ, the Word of God, which animal sacrifice foreshadowed:
    You will need to show scripture mentioning "faith in Christ", from the OT.
    Surely the Jews must have had faith that God would honor their atonements for sin. That being animal sacrifice.

I think we are just splitting hairs here. Did the OT Jews have faith in God, or in their sacrifices, to atone for sin?
    The answer is...both.

It is the Word of God. Jesus didn't die in place of sinners. He died teaching God freely forgives the repentant and rose from the dead so we would have no doubt.
    "In place of sinners" isn't directly mentioned in the bible, but...
    "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
    That could be taken to satisfy both POVs.

Men often attribute salvation to one certain event or person, but in fact it is a whole series of events together that constitute the road to salvation.
    Both God the Father, and His Son; the Word made flesh, are part of the equation.
    So is hearing the word of God, and faith, and repentance, and baptism, and receiving the Holy Ghost, and after all that, it depends on our enduring till the end.
    A wall lacking even one of these "bricks" will fall.
    "Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins." (Ja 5:20)

Thanks

I never said Everything was different.

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus says "BUT I say unto you" 11 times, in opposition to what they had learned from Moses. AND he eliminated animal sacrifice as necessary for forgiveness.

You deny there was a New Covenant? If not, then why was there a need for one? To what extent is Jesus greater than Moses?

Cut to the chase... Was the gospel of Jesus ANY different from the gospel of Moses?

Yehushuan
    Dear yeh,
    Call on me, call on me. I have the answer. The Pharisee supposedly kept the Law of Moses, yet Yeshua said you had to be more "righteous" than the Pharisees. The Pharisees could not commit adultery, but to enter into the kingdom of heaven (Mt 5:20), you can't even look on a woman with lust. (Mt 5:28) Now do you wonder why the halls of the kingdom have so "few"? (Mt 7:14)