Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Accepting the Trinity is equivalent to destroying language.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,533 Times in 4,623 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gillett View Post
    Dottie,

If that is the level of argument that you have reached then we have definately finished. However, if you can show how learning a few disparate verses of Scripture and quoting them out of context as your own words makes your faith and biblical understanding superior to mine I am "all ears".
    Show me where i do the above. What i quote is true to the surrounding context , Show me where it isn't t and where it's desperate.
    Jesus reminded us that " a house divided against itself will fall". You need to discern what constitutes being a Christian and then eat the humble pie you refuse to recognise. I am not your enemy.
    Stop using profanity and stop attacking me personally.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHill View Post
    Jesus is a man, Jesus is God, and God is not a man.

True, True, and True?

Language dead.
    C....,

I submit that.... many play with this..... all the time because there is no historical precedent for Christ. Nevertheless, we must see it as it is;

G-d is The Creator of all...Christ is not.
    Christ came to the earth thru a virgin birth...G-d did not.
    Christ gave His life on The Cross...G-d did not.
    Christ was resurrected...G-d was not.
    Christ ascended into heaven...G-d did not because He was already there.
    Christ will return at the 2nd advent (date and time known ONLY by G-d)...G-d will not.
    Christ will call the saved from all ages to the marriage supper...G-d will not.
    Christ will reign on earth for 1000 years...G-d will not.
    Christ was born in a physical body who then was transposed...as we each will be...into spiritual form....after death.
    G-d has always been in spiritual form...only....not Christ.
    G-d will be sitting on the Great White Throne at judgment.....Christ will not.

To me it is clear as day ....while many are challenged to grasp the planned scenario we are about to experience.
    Blessings to you!

Preston

Without Christ you are alone.....you can't handle it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Preston For This Useful Post:

sealchan (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Show me where i do the above. What i quote is true to the surrounding context , Show me where it isn't t and where it's desperate.
    Stop using profanity and stop attacking me personally.
    Try disparate!

as in fragmented, unattached, random, and out of context.

You do not include context. You did not even admit it was scripture! It was just words.

And kindly show me profanity! I quoted the bible at you! Do want me to quote 1 Timothy as well? or am I not allowed to use the bible?

Personal?

You have made it personal not me. You are the one claiming that I am neither Christian, nor competent in reading or understanding the bible. You started it. I finished it. Stand down.

Richard Gillett
    I am an unworthy servant. But someone had to stand up and be counted.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,601 Times in 5,213 Posts

#hangthehound
    The hound of Jewish monotheism.

"For us there is one God. He is the Father." (I Corinthians 8:6)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattathias For This Useful Post:

ChrisHill (02-15-2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mattathias View Post

#hangthehound

Richard

Thanks

Try disparate!

You do not include context. You did not even admit it was scripture! It was just words.

And kindly show me profanity! I quoted the bible at you! Do want me to quote 1 Timothy as well? or am I not allowed to use the bible?

Personal?

You have made it personal not me. You are the one claiming that I am neither Christian, nor competent in reading or understanding the bible. You started it. I finished it. Stand down.

Richard Gillett
    Dear rg,
    You sound like a "Christian" to me. Kind of like a pastor who tells the upstart parishioner to get out of my church.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try disparate!

Personal?

Richard Gillett
    I asked for examples where I quote the Bible out of context and instead of giving any, again, you define words. Now there is something you need to know. And that is "quoting out of context" means making the single statment or statements (quotes) means SOMETHING different than when on reads it IN CONTEXT. It does not mean one has to quote the whole book. You seem to think that quoting one verse means quoting it out of context. That why I said I have a better education in the field than you do. I do not think quoting one verse = "quoting out of context.

You also seem to think one has to say "this is scripture" or one is doing something wrong. Strange connection.

The Pastor said there was profanity and your post had what he thought was profanity, I guess. Nothing in mine was. What did you quote in the Bible that was profanity? I hardly remember you quoting the Bible at all.

I give up you showing me where I quote out of context. You do not know what "in" or "out" of context means. You think one has to quote the whole book or chapter, I guess.
    ------------------------
    "He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of you. But to do justly..and to love mercy...and to walk humbly with your God."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Dear rg,
    You sound like a "Christian" to me. Kind of like a pastor who tells the upstart parishioner to get out of my church.
    I am sorry if that is what came across. I have no authority over Dotty as such but I have the right, as a Christian, to admonish a fellow Christian if they are behaving wrongly. It was a very mild admonishment at that. But she clearly has decided that I am neither a Christian nor fit to quote the bible: that is a very dangerous judgement to make on anyone. All I was saying was that she was attacking a Christian... and that is devisive for Christianity especially to claim that one doctrine, or notion becomes so important that it can exclude others from the Kingdom. We need all the help we can get without bikering amongst ourselves about who knows the bible best, let alone how to read it.

Richard Gillett

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am sorry if that is what came across. I have no authority over Dotty as such but I have the right, as a Christian, to admonish a fellow Christian if they are behaving wrongly. It was a very mild admonishment at that. But she clearly has decided that I am neither a Christian nor fit to quote the bible: that is a very dangerous judgement to make on anyone. All I was saying was that she was attacking a Christian... and that is devisive for Christianity especially to claim that one doctrine, or notion becomes so important that it can exclude others from the Kingdom. We need all the help we can get without bikering amongst ourselves about who knows the bible best, let alone how to read it.

Richard Gillett
    Richard, Pastor told you not to use profanity. That means your "admonishment" was not mild but was rude. I was attacking your post and you responded with profanity according to one. I did not say you were not a Christian nor not fit to quote the Bible. That you do not know the Bible well is clear. That your knowledge of God HImself even less is also true. I did not say you were not fit to quote it though. You really ought to stop making false accusations.
    ------------------------

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
    Richard, Pastor told you not to use profanity. That means your "admonishment" was not mild but was rude. I was attacking your post and you responded with profanity according to one. I did not say you were not a Christian nor not fit to quote the Bible. That you do not know the Bible well is clear. That your knowledge of God HImself even less is also true. I did not say you were not fit to quote it though. You really ought to stop making false accusations.
    I have contested that ruling.

It can only be profane if it was some sort of abuse, as in inaccurate, or inapproriate or misuse, and it was none of those things, which leads to the final conclusion that you considered me not qualified to weild Scripture against you and therefore it was profanity. It was not.

Your accusations about me, my faith and my knowledge are both personal and based upon your vanity. You have no right to make them and I will thank you to cease.

I made no false accusations, but you are making many.

Get over yourself.

Richard Gillett

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819