Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Some ideas on Baptism

Thanks
    Thanked 3,911 Times in 3,368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corban View Post
    endue; provide with a quality or ability.

imbued; inspire or permeate with (a feeling or quality), permeate, saturate, diffuse, suffuse, pervade

KJV - Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."

"ENDUED" is correct. The Holy Spirit was given OUTWARDLY at Pentecost for POWER. The Holy Spirit is given INWARDLY on resurrection day (Jn.20:22). "Furnish" is a common English Word. "The Aircraft was 'Furnished' with Jet Engines after the Piston Engines were removed" "The soldier was 'Furnished' with a rifle." It is something added outwardly.
    The Holy Spirit is given INWARDLY on resurrection day (Jn.20:22).
    No. John 20:22 says no such thing.

Jesus BREATHED on them and they received the Holy Ghost.

Resurrection day ~ has not yet occurred.

John 20:22
    [22] And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
    Praise and Glory to Lord God Almighty, for His Great Name's Sake.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,911 Times in 3,368 Posts

My dear Friend, if you had been following the thread, I have been saying this ALL ALONG. The Holy Spirit, as promised in this verse above is from John. In John 20:22 the Holy Spirit is breathed, by the Lord Jesus, INTO His disciples FOR LIFE. Then, 50 days later, it is poured UPON them FOR POWER.
    The Holy Spirit UPON a man IS for enlightening....being INFORMED, according to Gods Word.

^ That always applies to a man following, believing, having faith.

^ That continues to apply as long as the man IS following, believing, having faith.

^ That DOES NOT MEAN SAVED and BORN AGAIN.

^ That was given the Disciples....BECAUSE Jesus was "preparing" them to: be sent out to testify of the Lord.

John 20: [21] Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

The Holy Spirit WITHIN a man IS for Baptism of Gods POWER and AUTHORITY and FOREVER eternal LIFE within the man (ie mans soul, and mans spirit)

^ That is for specifically a man WHO IS FAITHFUL by vow forever to God.

^ That is for specifically a man WHOM God "imparts" HIS Spirit, to keep, teach, reveal, empower with His wisdom and His understanding, by His power and authority.

Praise and Glory to Lord God Almighty, for His Great Name's Sake.

lived in 5 states traveled extensively in Europe middle East and Asia.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Blog Entries

However we know from the great examples of the book of Hebrews that the life of faith is not some straight path and it can even include valleys of doubt and depression. Growing in the HS is not an instantaneous affair, sudden and complete insight into the entirety of God's plan. The life of faith requires taking risks, not just any risk but ones where faith itself is being confirmed. AND it also means that tomorrow's faith will require greater risks.

Thanks

My dear Friend, if you had been following the thread, I have been saying this ALL ALONG. The Holy Spirit, as promised in this verse above is from John. In John 20:22 the Holy Spirit is breathed, by the Lord Jesus, INTO His disciples FOR LIFE. Then, 50 days later, it is poured UPON them FOR POWER.
    Dear corban,
    The "disciples" went out with "power" to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. (Mt 10:8) After 50 days, can you do the same?

Mt 10:7 As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. 9 Do not carry any gold or silver or copper in your belts.…

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 796 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    The "disciples" went out with "power" to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. (Mt 10:8) After 50 days, can you do the same?
    Been there, done that, still can.

Yehu
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(May you have exactly the God you deserve.)

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233