Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was the flood of Genesis local to the continent of Australia?

Thanks

Default Was the flood of Genesis local to the continent of Australia?

Was the flood of Genesis local to the continent of Australia?

I'm leading with the bottom line...

I want to see if people will give feedback to this thesis before I compose an essay...

Thanks

there are two floods ,first one in gen 1 vs 2 ...and the SPIRIT og GOD moved upon the face of the waters ,and gen 6 vs 13 and 17 see also 1 peter chapt 3 vs 20 now to answer the question was it local no
    Quote Originally Posted by Inach Marbank View Post

I want to see if people will give feedback to this thesis before I compose an essay...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Flood was world wide. Though the evolutionist doubt it's very existence . We have evidence right here in the U.S.. The mountains in the western half of the US are telling evidence of the Flood. Look carefully at any of the mountain peaks and envision that being under water . Your vision has to tell you that no other source of information can replace the marks the Flood left behind on the environment and humanity............m
    " Aye Christian,,,know ye not that the one whom thou contendest against is none more than a reprobate ! " William Gurnell

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewDuvall For This Useful Post:

nolidad (02-04-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuseebee View Post
    there are two floods ,first one in gen 1 vs 2 ...and the SPIRIT og GOD moved upon the face of the waters ,and gen 6 vs 13 and 17 see also 1 peter chapt 3 vs 20 now to answer the question was it local no
    Going by Peter you would think only 8 souls got saved.

Anyway, how do you reconcile to Genesis ch 7 vs 20?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewDuvall View Post
    The Flood was world wide. Though the evolutionist doubt it's very existence . We have evidence right here in the U.S.. The mountains in the western half of the US are telling evidence of the Flood. Look carefully at any of the mountain peaks and envision that being under water . Your vision has to tell you that no other source of information can replace the marks the Flood left behind on the environment and humanity............m
    Same question, how do you reconcile world wide flood to Genesis chapter 7 verse 20?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not according to the Bible.
    Anything in your essay will have no basis in Bible or science.
    If local it could only be in the Middle East and the Bible would strongly imply no humans had yet ventured as far as Australia even if the continents were all connected.

Thanks

It was a global flood and all Scripture agrees with it being a global flood.

Gen 7:19-20 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Thanks

yes that's right keep in mind this is the second world wide flood the first one is in gesneses vs 2
    Going by Peter you would think only 8 souls got saved.

Anyway, how do you reconcile to Genesis ch 7 vs 20?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGT View Post
    It was a global flood and all Scripture agrees with it being a global flood.

Gen 7:19-20 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
    15 cubits upward is what 25 feet?

How do figure water prevailing 25 feet high killed all life in the world?

How could water prevailing 25 feet up cover all high hills and mountains?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuseebee View Post
    yes that's right keep in mind this is the second world wide flood the first one is in gesneses vs 2
    Genesis chapter 1 verse 2 is day 1, and there is not written to be dry land until day 3.

If you go just by this, you might interpret this to mean the world was all water on the 1st day, you think?

And also, regarding chapter 7, verse 20, how could water prevailing only 25 feet upward cover all high hills and mountains?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast