Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homosexuality and the Bible by Robert Gagnon

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lightbearer View Post
    The Bible is clear that any sin practiced will keep us from knowing GOD and experiencing HIS Kingdom. Including homosexuality. It is a perverse travesty that society norms have crept into the Church.
    I agree. This is also affirmed in the OP.
    "In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity." - Rupertus Meldenius
    The Theology Program

Thanks

[QUOTE]
    What is it to you that someone wrote a book on anything Biblical? You are an unbeliever. Why do you care it has nothing to do with you since you do not believe?
    Why don't you ask the author that question. What is it to Robert Gagnon if people are homosexual? If he doesn't believe in it, why take it any further, right?

If I am a lying homosexual, fornicating, heretic what is that to you; you do not believe.]
    I don't care.... unless you write a book telling me why my life is in trouble while ignoring the fact that yours no different. I'd have to assume you, like Robert Gagnon are simply unaware. The hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious it's hard to ignore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    I agree. This is also affirmed in the OP.
    Any sin practiced . How then do you stop lying, getting remarried while a spouse still living, having premarital sex, living together, and lots of other "sins" practiced regularly while focusing only on homosexuality?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,829 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post

Why don't you ask the author that question. What is it to Robert Gagnon if people are homosexual? If he doesn't believe in it, why take it any further, right?

I don't care.... unless you write a book telling me why my life is in trouble while ignoring the fact that yours no different. I'd have to assume you, like Robert Gagnon are simply unaware. The hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious it's hard to ignore.
    They are books to believers or people that GOD is working on. If you denounce GOD and are unbelieving it is of no consequence to you. The books are not for you. Incidentally you have no idea what my or the author's spiritual condition is. Even if we were working through to gain victory over a sin issue, as long as we were aware of the sin and were allowing GOD to work the victory out through us there is no hypocrisy if he or I share that any sin is wrong. It is GOD's will that we do not sin and that we share HIS Word. As a matter of fact it is a sin not to share.

But as I said; you don't believe so what is it to you anyway. If you don't pick up the book, a Bible or watch an evangelist on tv you won't have take in what you're so against.
    Last edited by lightbearer; 01-21-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Lord we believe, help our unbelief. For you have given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Thanks

[QUOTE]
    They are books to believers or people that GOD is working on. If you denounce GOD and are unbelieving it is of no consequence to you. The books are not for you.
    How do you know what any God is working on? Second, I'm sure the author would be delighted if everyone bought a copy regardless of belief so I think you don't get to decide who they are for either.

Incidentally you have no idea what my or the author's spiritual condition is. Even if we were working through to gain victory over a sin issue, as long as we were aware of the sin and were allowing GOD to work the victory out through us there is no hypocrisy if he or I share that any sin is wrong.
    Nor do I care, but the homosexual person can make that exact same claim, couldn't they?

It is GOD's will that we do not sin and that we share HIS Word. As a matter of fact it is a sin not to share.
    If it's God's will that you do not sin, why do you keep doing it?

But as I said; you don't believe so what is it to you anyway. If you don't pick up the book, a Bible or watch an evangelist on tv you won't have take in what you're so against.]
    Where did I say I was against this? Believe whatever you want, write whatever you want. All I'm doing is pointing out that this guy is in no better shape than the people he's writing about. I think that's rather amusing, actually.

Thanks

This is nothing more that a grandiose presentation of Christian hypocrisy. Is it not true that ALL sins are unacceptable in the sight of your God?
    Revelation 21:8 states
    But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Do you know of any Christians out there that never lie? Ever? Where is the 500 page book of this willful and ongoing sin? Why is it that this sin doesn't draw equal attention since everyone who lies goes to hell too?
    m...,

A typical leftist attempt at spin. (should you need spin help in the future...I suggest you consult with...shroom).

The point is homosexuality...not any other sins you mentioned.

Do those in another thread.
    Last edited by Preston; 01-21-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Blessings to you!

Preston

Without Christ you are alone.....you can't handle it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    m...,

A typical leftist attempt at spin. (should you need spin help in the future...I suggest you consult with...shroom).

The point is homosexuality...not any other sins you mentioned.

Do those in another thread.
    I didn't mention any sins, the bible did.

Thanks

M...,

You possess a short memory.

These words are sin.

This is nothing more that a grandiose presentation of Christian hypocrisy. Is it not true that ALL sins are unacceptable in the sight of your God?
    Revelation 21:8 states
    But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Do you know of any Christians out there that never lie? Ever? Where is the 500 page book of this willful and ongoing sin? Why is it that this sin doesn't draw equal attention since everyone who lies goes to hell too?
    Blessings to you!

Preston

Without Christ you are alone.....you can't handle it.

Thanks

I don't care whether it's your last post or not. All I'm saying is there's no credibility in anyone who preaches all about a sin he himself may not engage in while he is openly practicing sin that bears the exact same consequence! Six of one, half a dozen of the other. What difference does make? He's in the exact same boat as the homosexual so why should anyone care what he has to say about it?
    For an unbeliever it makes no difference. Even if they are a faithful hetero spouse who doesn't lie, cheat, steal ,kill or gossip etc. It will not make them any closer to heaven if they do notr trust in the death,burial and resurrection of jesus for the sin debt that they do have before God the Father.

Lost people are lost whether they are "nice" folks or scumbags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12